Multiple Ships

Moderators: JettJackson, Holti, jouldax

acidtrip
Quiet One

Post by acidtrip »

How about when they join they get a player for each race. NewplayerAlskant, NewplayerWQHuman, etc..

I think it should be made clear the privilege of having a player in each race is extended to new players only and exists for the sole purpose of helping new players understand the differences between races.
Shtoopid
Quiet One

Post by Shtoopid »

hmm not a bad idea, but it would probably work better on some sort of an unlimited turn test server where they can screw around with them for a while and try different things.
Ardbeg
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by Ardbeg »

sorry, but I don't like any of this - the only way to learn to play the real game is to play the game the real way. Anything else is doing the exact opposite of preparing new players for what they can expect in the harsh reality of SMR. I like the current newbie system, and with a couple of minor improvements it is all we need.
Read the rules, follow the rules, and stop complaining!
DarthNihilus
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by DarthNihilus »

I think multiple ships for players would go along way in increaseing the player play time.

Each player would be allowed to have a hunter, trader, or warship,miner,oper or however it is figured out.

Each ship would build up there turns seperately from each other so lets say you trade for about 30 minutes (15 minutes if you are trading somewhere secure and dont have to worry abbout enemy forces or ships) That is not very much playing time. 15 minutes to 20 minutes of trading. But with a multiple ship idea you can switch to a hunter, or a oper, or a miner and still have more playing time then burn another full load of turns. This will keep players logged in longer.

Yes this idea can unbalance things slighty but then again everyone would be able to have multiple ships so there is no unbalance.

The one thing I think it would do is give players more in game playing time.
...... cursed be he that keepeth back his sword from blood.
seldum
Beta Tester

Post by seldum »

horribly unbalancing it then becomes who wants to spend more time playing
Ardbeg
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by Ardbeg »

It also completely removes the decision about whether you want to spend your cash/turns on trading or hunting or op'ing
Read the rules, follow the rules, and stop complaining!
Holti
Quiet One

Re: Multiple Ships

Post by Holti »

Agree with Seldum on this point.