Multiple Ships

Moderators: JettJackson, Holti, jouldax

Azool
SMR Coder

Multiple Ships

Post by Azool »

Just something I thought I might throw into SMR1.5. Wanted to see player opinions.

I was thinking of adding a game option that is # of players allowed per account.

This option would be set to 5 or so for newb games. This means that anyone playing the newb game could create up to 5 players in that game. This would allow them to have more turns to experiment with as well as allowing them to try different races.

I'm not sure if it would be used in vet games, but it could add another factor to the game.
Men are born to succeed, not fail.
-Henry David Thoreau
Freon22
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by Freon22 »

You may end up with lots of five man alliances. I would like to see ideas for turning away from the old "Turn Base" game. But it is a start I guess, to a more time playing game.

Edit: I have been playing with the idea of fuel cells for ships. If you have the money you can refill them if not they will regenertor over time. But the idea will not work with how maps are done in the game now.
Freon22
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by Freon22 »

Wanted to add a little more to this idea. New players would get a credit for x amount of fuel cells where vets have to buy or wait for the normal time.

It also follows along the lines of ship classes. Different ships have different amount of fuel cells.

PS, Sorry Azool for not staying on your topic, just want to throw that idea out there.
canff
Beta Tester

no

Post by canff »

i don't see this as the way to help newbies.... it will just get them to try and cheat in vet games by makeing more accounts...or they will only have 1 and say eee nothing to do and stop playing.....
N.ator
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by N.ator »

azool, i think we should try to stay away from making (multies) instead i think if we make FASTER games, then they will have enough turns with just one name, instead of making several names
ImageImage
Azool
SMR Coder

Post by Azool »

Poca wrote:azool, i think we should try to stay away from making (multies) instead i think if we make FASTER games, then they will have enough turns with just one name, instead of making several names
The point of the "multis" isn't as much for giving them extra turns as it is for giving them the option to try multiple races.
i don't see this as the way to help newbies.... it will just get them to try and cheat in vet games by makeing more accounts...or they will only have 1 and say eee nothing to do and stop playing.....
Can you clarify this? It seem to me that if a player has 5 ships in a newbie game then they should never say there is nothing to do. Also, they would get the same amount of ships as the vets would in the normal games, and by the time they enter these games they should know better than to make multiple accounts.
-Henry David Thoreau
N.ator
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by N.ator »

azool instead of doing this make it, before 1000 turns have been used up, they can change there race, but whend oing so, it will put them back down to 0 exp. and they can change there race as many times as there hearts desire, but once they used over 1000 turns, then they can no longer change there race
ImageImage
Freon22
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by Freon22 »

Poca you are talking like a newbie game is a vet game.

I think Azool is saying ONE account with up to FIVE players in the newbie game only. They can start one player as human, and another one as IkThorne, and another one as whatever. This way they can learn the good and bad points of each before they enter the vet games.

Am I saying this right Azool?
Astax
SMR Coder

Post by Astax »

The thing is that most differences between races are not evident till last tiers of ships.
Azool
SMR Coder

Post by Azool »

Freon22 wrote:Poca you are talking like a newbie game is a vet game.

I think Azool is saying ONE account with up to FIVE players in the newbie game only. They can start one player as human, and another one as IkThorne, and another one as whatever. This way they can learn the good and bad points of each before they enter the vet games.

Am I saying this right Azool?
Yes, thats what I'm trying to say.
Astax wrote: The thing is that most differences between races are not evident till last tiers of ships.
True, but hopefully in these games players will be able to get to that point, we might have to reduce the costs of ships in newbie games as well to allow them to player more aspects
-Henry David Thoreau