Multiple Ships

Moderators: JettJackson, Holti, jouldax

canff
Beta Tester

Post by canff »

Sorry i was trying to say that if they have 5 accounts in newbie games... that when they do make it to vet games... 4 of the ships will be gone... and they will only have access to 1 ship... so they will go from a lot to do to just 1 account and want more accounts... or will use there 1 account think it is not enough and stop playing...
JettJackson
Fledgling Spam Artist

Post by JettJackson »

no offense but only bad can come from an idea like this
Lead: Sesame Street, Rogue Squad

Co-Lead: Suckas, Black Sun Ascending, Wraith Squadron, Fool's Errend, Team Poker, The Phantom Order, Toxic #5

Member of: Team Pup and Suds, Nintendo Power, System Failure, Crusaders, new dawn, Cereal Killers, Armory, Armory V2, _-=`Perfection`=-_, The Guild, Ragnarok, Heimdall, United Rebels, ilLegitimate Basterds

I've seen and done it all
canff
Beta Tester

My idea

Post by canff »

Moved
Last edited by canff on Wed Aug 22, 2007 10:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
canff
Beta Tester

My idea

Post by canff »

dubble post
Azool
SMR Coder

Post by Azool »

STEBO48858 wrote:no offense but only bad can come from an idea like this
Explain why. Thats why I posted it here. I want player input.
Men are born to succeed, not fail.
-Henry David Thoreau
Prince Valiant
Admin Emeritus

Post by Prince Valiant »

im going to say no
I am the calm before the storm, The second before the crash.
Space Merchant Realms Administrative Team
Azool
SMR Coder

Post by Azool »

Prince Valiant wrote:im going to say no
Once again, explain why.
Men are born to succeed, not fail.
-Henry David Thoreau
Captain Black

Post by Captain Black »

As a newbie myself, I certianly would have appreciated multiple ships while I played my first game.

Trying the learn the game while restricted to x turns which can be used up in 30 mins is difficult. I would only log on every 2 days or so when I had enought turns for a decent session. If I had 5 ships all of different races then, I would have had a more interesting time. If your going for 5 though why not make it the the full race spectrum? If it's a newbie game....
Harry Krishna
Beta Test Team Leader

Post by Harry Krishna »

I think the downside to doing this is, as Canff said, you would get new players used to having 5 accounts with lots of options, ships, races, whatever. Then they advance to the vet game and get just one ship to play with.

Maybe instead of incorporating this mulitple character idea into full newbie games, it could instead be part of a training simulator or tutorial section that new players would have to pass through before they get to start playing for real.
that which pods you makes you stronger
N.ator
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by N.ator »

Harry Krishna wrote:I think the downside to doing this is, as Canff said, you would get new players used to having 5 accounts with lots of options, ships, races, whatever. Then they advance to the vet game and get just one ship to play with.

Maybe instead of incorporating this mulitple character idea into full newbie games, it could instead be part of a training simulator or tutorial section that new players would have to pass through before they get to start playing for real.

agree
like the idea of a tutorial training simulator.
ImageImage