Suggestions Guidelines

Moderators: JettJackson, Holti, jouldax

Azool
SMR Coder

Suggestions Guidelines

Post by Azool »

I want to clarify how people should be posting on this board.

The #1 thing that I hate to see on this board is "no" or "yes" or "thats stupid".

That is perfectly fine if you think those things...BUT explain why.

If I see more of these posts I will start to delete them.

The ideal response is "I (don't) support this idea because...." giving valid logical reasons why the concept will or will not work.

Next, I've asked some players to start posting a large amount of ideas on this board. So, as you are reading them keep in mind that they are designed not necessarily to be put into the game, but rather to spur some discussion on new aspects of the game. Treat these people with respect.
Men are born to succeed, not fail.
-Henry David Thoreau
LotuS
Beta Tester

Post by LotuS »

respect them like the toaster, for if you do not, it shall smite thee!
Ingenius, Armory Armory v2, Lords of the PingsSuckas, AoC, Green Skulls, DoW, Shadow, MoM, Xenocide, NE, ST, HA, PI, FI, Armada, DC, LoP, AS, Lom, MH, RC
Blum
Chat Troll

Post by Blum »

Azool, I don't agree with you. There are cases when I really can't say anything more intelligent than a "no", a"yes" or an "I agree with poster X".
In those cases that's what I am going to do. Basically expressing support is also valuable
Azool
SMR Coder

Post by Azool »

Blum wrote:Azool, I don't agree with you. There are cases when I really can't say anything more intelligent than a "no", a"yes" or an "I agree with poster X".
In those cases that's what I am going to do. Basically expressing support is also valuable
Agreeing with a post is different than simply saying "yes" or "no". If you say I agree with this poster and all his points, that is different than just saying "yes". I don't think a simple "no" will ever do. If you have no reason for disagreeing then it is probably personally motivated and not in the best interests of the game. If it is an idea that might hurt the game then a quick explanation is always possible.

If you give someone a simple "no" they have no idea why and therefore won't learn anything and post more ideas with the same flawed perception as the last suggestion.
Men are born to succeed, not fail.
-Henry David Thoreau
Holti
Quiet One

Re: Suggestions Guidelines

Post by Holti »

I don't disagree with this idea, but enforcing it will be next to impossible.
I think people posting ideas should simply ask for feedback with the reasoning for being for/against the idea.