more turns....slower planets

Moderators: JettJackson, Holti, jouldax

N.ator
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by N.ator »

maybe we should change everything, so its all based on a high speed game. currently all of the ships and everything is based on a 1x. what about we base it on a 2x so that means wew oudl ahve to slow down some ships and what not.
ImageImage
Kahless_
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Kahless_ »

Lets make it a 2x game, but halve the speed of everything.
Purify
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Purify »

Kahless_ wrote:Lets make it a 2x game, but halve the speed of everything.
hahahahha you're a genius!
Space Gnat
Quiet One

Post by Space Gnat »

Ardbeg wrote:Many of us have been trying to get a cap on the turn max for some time now, thereby allowing faster games without the high turn max (which is bad for game balance). I believe we were close to getting it coded until certain people chased Curu away.
I like this idea. It would encourage higher activity, like people logging in daily, rather than someone banking turns in a psf for say a week and logging on with 2000 psf turns and gaining like 100 000 you know? by increasing turn rate and keeping 500 turn max or something it would make for an interesting game, more ops, more hunting, more fighting, more everything!
DarthNihilus
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by DarthNihilus »

More Pod Rides
...... cursed be he that keepeth back his sword from blood.
neto
Quiet One

Post by neto »

makin planets build at 1.25 while speed is 1.5 will just obliterate planet levels like i obliterate beans. it will make it nearly impossible to build your planets back up.
MIDGET MADNESS!
N.ator
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by N.ator »

neto wrote:makin planets build at 1.25 while speed is 1.5 will just obliterate planet levels like i obliterate beans. it will make it nearly impossible to build your planets back up.
agree. i personally like the speed of how a planet builds in a 1.5x game. its nice even and overall its a nice speed to build planets.
ImageImage
Shtoopid
Quiet One

Post by Shtoopid »

500 turns is an nice even max turn count. I think a 500 or less turn cap with 2x speed would be almost perfect, just have to drop the xp gained from trading by 25% or so to keep the spookies away.
Ardbeg
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by Ardbeg »

A 2x game is way too many turns way too fast for most players. Try to keep in mind that it is a small minority of players who want to spend all of their free time in fron of a computer. Fast games (anything faster than 1.5x) are fine for fun, but should not be considered serious games.
Read the rules, follow the rules, and stop complaining!
Shtoopid
Quiet One

Post by Shtoopid »

Well honestly, If the turn cap is set right, it wouldnt effect planet busts too much, I was thinking 2x because most people would have time to play a little in the morning, and a little at night. Ops for alliances are tought to setup and require quite a bit of time commitment both in the days before and then at the time of the op. Alot of people playing the game cant really commit to ops because they just dont have the ability to set aside an hour or two, they dont often know untill the moment of if they will have time for it. Most of them are not willing to quit playing for 2 days on the off chance they might make an op. Giving people the ability to join in on ops without having to plan on it for several days will make big fleets more common and big fights more common. I suppose that could be construed as both good and bad, but I think making alliance participation a little easier with a busy schedual will let alot more players enjoy some of the most fun SMR can offer.

Yet another random suggestion would be to rework the turn system in that different speed ships, have different turn caps, not speed at which they gain them. This would provide much more of a solid advantage to speed, instead of speed=amount of time playing. More of a balance between the birds, creos can hit harder then thevs but a TAC can uno and trigger more times then the dev. It would also make a strategic deployment of races in an alliance a much bigger factor.