more turns....slower planets

Moderators: JettJackson, Holti, jouldax

Harry Krishna
Beta Test Team Leader

Post by Harry Krishna »

Space Gnat wrote: Correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems like with a slow game (or slower than the last game anyways) more people are likely to just log on 5 mins every other day and trade and be done with it. If you want activity to rise you need to have more turns, quicker. There is a desire for activity, but the current speed will only encourage experienced vet oppers like Crusaders and hunters as well to play. Your newer players lose interest and get discouraged without the necessary turns to do anything. Right now even a hastily strewn together op takes a minimum of 24 hrs worth of turns... hardly a snail's pace!
You do not understand. You only want more turns.
that which pods you makes you stronger
Space Gnat
Quiet One

Post by Space Gnat »

What is wrong with more turns? We wouldnt have to ask for more turns if there were actually more routes than 2x's to trade. In a 3 month game you will have to trade for 2 of the months just to break 70k
Harry Krishna
Beta Test Team Leader

Post by Harry Krishna »

Space Gnat wrote:What is wrong with more turns? We wouldnt have to ask for more turns if there were actually more routes than 2x's to trade. In a 3 month game you will have to trade for 2 of the months just to break 70k
There are players with 12k now after 1 week...do the math. More turns won't help.
that which pods you makes you stronger
Thennian
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Thennian »

why do you all fail to realize that more turns = easier to bust rocks..and u want to make it so that rocks build slower in a faster game? more rocks will be busted time and time and time again that no one will want to bother building them if people have 700 turns every 2 days to bust them agian and again. The game was balanced at 1.0 game speed to make it hard to bust a rock without planning and turn management that all goes out the window with higher game speeds.
Shtoopid
Quiet One

Post by Shtoopid »

Playing Devi's advocate here, why not increase the turn regen rate, without increasing total turn cap?
Infinity
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Infinity »

The only problem with last game was that it lasted one month more than usual for 1.5 speed, and it was made so probably 'cause of the summer and people going on vacation and what not. No other problems, really.

Maybe, just maybe, turn cap should be on 500 for 1.5 game speed as well.

Planets are fine.
Use The Force(s)!
Baalzamon
Destroyer of his own FU

Post by Baalzamon »

Shtoopid wrote:Playing Devi's advocate here, why not increase the turn regen rate, without increasing total turn cap?
Thats cool. I like that idea alot
Ardbeg
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by Ardbeg »

Many of us have been trying to get a cap on the turn max for some time now, thereby allowing faster games without the high turn max (which is bad for game balance). I believe we were close to getting it coded until certain people chased Curu away.
Read the rules, follow the rules, and stop complaining!
mattyweave

Post by mattyweave »

a turn cap seems like a good idea...and to the comment earlier....yes we do want more turns
in my eyes...more turns = more activity
^^isnt this what we want??

correct me if im wrong

shtoopid...also a good idea
Pythian =]
Purify
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Purify »

it's not as simple as more turns = more activity......

For one... certain race's weaknesses are based on speed... like Creonti and Ik'Thorne... if the game speed is increased these weaknesses are less (because there are only so many hours a day a person can play) and thus being these races becomes more beneficial then say being Thevian (who's advantage is speed)

Also.... Ardbeg's point about when speed is increased the max turns are increased and thus mine fields / planets are easier to clear / bust... and this takes away some of the fun of the game...