more turns....slower planets

Moderators: JettJackson, Holti, jouldax

N.ator
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by N.ator »

seldum wrote:poca youre in highschool you dont count
high school is one of the most bussiest times of a persons life. school sports homework, extra caricular activitys=mucho mucho time.

so if i can do it, other people can. if not, then they dont really care about the game that much. if somone likes the game. they will play it at least once a day
ImageImage
Shtoopid
Quiet One

Post by Shtoopid »

Poca wrote:
high school is one of the most bussiest times of a persons life. school sports homework, extra caricular activitys=mucho mucho time.
Umm, no its the busiest time of your life so far, but trust me I speak for everybody when I say it only goes downhill from there.

However, back on topic, as it stands most ships dont hit turn caps in 2 days(thevian excluded). unfortunitly this debate has entered the realm of the unknowable. Everybody reflects on this based on their own personal experiances with the game. Opinions have been stated and unless somehow somebody collects data on how many people waste turns or come close to wasting turns, nobody is going to change those opinions.
Kahless_
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Kahless_ »

Mmm..You'll find this thing after you finish high school called "life". It might seem strange at first, but you find that people experiencing "life" have jobs, meetings, university, sports, social outings and much much more. Sometimes these people leave the house at 4am one morning for work, then they go to uni, then they go to sport, then they go to a meeting, then they go on a social outing. These people then walk into the house, which they are spending their hard earned cash paying for and sit down at midnight and fall asleep, knowing that it doesnt matter if they can't login that day, because the game is set at the right speed, so their not going to be at a disadvantage to those people who think that high school is hard work.

Sure, these people experiencing "life" could possibly login for 10mins a day. But then thats 10 minutes they have a chance to use a full days turns without the luxury of waiting for a hunter to log off or for their route to stock up.

Thus, a 2x is ludicrous. Just learn to use your turns you noobs. 400 turns can last as long as you want them to.
Purify
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Purify »

Poca wrote:high school is one of the most bussiest times of a persons life. school sports homework, extra caricular activitys=mucho mucho time.

so if i can do it, other people can. if not, then they dont really care about the game that much. if somone likes the game. they will play it at least once a day

ROFLCOPTER
Baalzamon
Destroyer of his own FU

Post by Baalzamon »

Sterling wrote:Start a fast, special game where people that want to play alot can do that. Make it a special game, and thus the stats don't count to the "normal" game HOF. We have to balance the kids vs. the adults to have an inclusive community.
as more then one person has said before.

/me wonders if it'll ever happen...probably not.
N.ator
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by N.ator »

Kahless_ wrote:Mmm..You'll find this thing after you finish high school called "life". It might seem strange at first, but you find that people experiencing "life" have jobs, meetings, university, sports, social outings and much much more. Sometimes these people leave the house at 4am one morning for work, then they go to uni, then they go to sport, then they go to a meeting, then they go on a social outing. These people then walk into the house, which they are spending their hard earned cash paying for and sit down at midnight and fall asleep, knowing that it doesnt matter if they can't login that day, because the game is set at the right speed, so their not going to be at a disadvantage to those people who think that high school is hard work.

Sure, these people experiencing "life" could possibly login for 10mins a day. But then thats 10 minutes they have a chance to use a full days turns without the luxury of waiting for a hunter to log off or for their route to stock up.

Thus, a 2x is ludicrous. Just learn to use your turns you noobs. 400 turns can last as long as you want them to.
dude if they cant log on, then its there fault. every game is based on how long you play the game for. think of it this way. if you studdy for a test for 5 hours, you are going to do a hell of alot better then somone that doesnt play it.

if they cant log on, then its there fault. i think the people that dedicate time to the game should be rewarded with something, and that should be turns to beable to use.

guys i have talked to 3 of the friends that USED to play smr. i was tryign to get them playing the game again, but they hate it. and you want to knwo why the hate it. because of the same reason why alot of people hate it. its not the game, its the concept of the game, its because you can only play it for 10 min. a day!!!!(move around) guys face the facts. younger kids, like games where they move, and actually do stuff. so think about we did do that, how many more people we could get to play the game.
ImageImage
Ardbeg
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by Ardbeg »

This is not a shoot-em-up, it is not meant to be played that way, and I hope it never will be played that way. This is a game of tactics, skill and strategy. I am fine with players having some advantage from being online a lot, but it should not be a decisive advantage. This game is all about using the resources available to you, whether it be teammates, information, cash or turns. There are plenty of other games where they can log on and shoot stuff all day, and if they choose to play those games instead, that is fine - but it does not mean SMR should need to change to accomodate them.
Read the rules, follow the rules, and stop complaining!
N.ator
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by N.ator »

Ardbeg wrote:This is not a shoot-em-up, it is not meant to be played that way, and I hope it never will be played that way. This is a game of tactics, skill and strategy. I am fine with players having some advantage from being online a lot, but it should not be a decisive advantage. This game is all about using the resources available to you, whether it be teammates, information, cash or turns. There are plenty of other games where they can log on and shoot stuff all day, and if they choose to play those games instead, that is fine - but it does not mean SMR should need to change to accomodate them.
im not saying that we need turns so a person can be playing all day!! im saying, if we get more turns in the game, more people will play. that is all im saying .
ImageImage
Kahless_
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Kahless_ »

I dont think you guys who want the 2nd "special" game grasp the effects that will have on the main game. If you give people 2 games, 1 game "which takes 10 minutes to use all their turns" in and 1 game where they can muck around alot, we get back to the issue of sporatic activity. People use their turns quickly as possible in "slow game" and then go play in fast game to their hearts content.

WHAT WE NEED is for people to learn how to make their turns last longer. IF YOU WANT you can play this game for 24 hours with 1 days worth of turns, if you have an attention span greater than that of a nat you can play this game as long as you want. The problem is you people don't value your turns enough. You treat each of your turns like a lazy 100$ in a billion dollar bank balance.

Giving people a second game does not solve the problems the game has. If people could learn to use their turns wisely, the quality of play would improve and activity would improve because those people who want to play all day will have learnt how to play all day. Just giving people the extra game will just funnel activity into the "shoot em up" game.

And also, people who can play all day already have an advantage over those who can only play once every couple of days. People who can play all day can pick when they want to trade, to make sure they use the top route, trade when their is no hunters. Thats just the trading stakes. People who hunt and can play all day get the choice of target after target, they get the chance to set traps etc etc. There is already an advantage. It is already balanced. You guys just suck at the game.
seldum
Beta Tester

Post by seldum »

one of the funnest thing in SMR is sitting in chat talking with your friends while you wait for turns