Arranged Kills

Moderators: JettJackson, Holti, jouldax

Dread Pirate Roberts
Quiet One

Re: Arranged Kills

Post by Dread Pirate Roberts »

B.O.B. wrote:
RandyOrsolo wrote:Unless you have concrete examples of teamates killing each other in SM and then rejoining the same team, you shouldn't refer to it.
I know for a fact that arranged kills are against the rules in SM.

When I started playing SM, an alliance mate in a newbie game wanted me to join him in MY:1. I didn't have enough traded and 0 kills. So he let me kill him 5 times so I could get in. Course I was a dumb newbie at this point and didn't know better.

I was later approached by an admin at the time about this, and I told him what I did and he let it slide cause I was a dumb newbie, but warned me not to do it again as I would be banned.

So yeah I agree with RO, unless you have proof (which you don't), don't go spouting off about how it was allowed in SM.
First off what you are talking about, and what I want to be legal are two diffrent things. That is stat pading, which is lame and I am totally against. I am asking for strategic arranaged kills to be allowed. Second don't tell me I don't have have proof, you don't know that. Just because I opted to leave it out in my original post. In NG 14 on shareplay server, I led one of the major alliances. Several times through out that game, we killed our own members for this reason or that reason. Not once did we have any consequences. Since I was part of the arranged kill, I know for a fact they did happen. But it has been probably close to 8 years since that game, so I don't exactly remember who killed who, but I know, no doubt in my mind, that we did it, and arranged kills did happen with no consequence what so ever.

RO, quite the contrary, I'd say your definition of an arranged kill is flawed.
Rules wrote:Intentional Suicides

1. A suicide death is defined as any death where it is a trigger (regardless of the target) and there is no chance of survival or a clear objective.
2. Intentional Suicides are bannable for any of the following reasons:

1. To throw a fit about something they don't like.
2. To pad their death count.
3. To spam the news.
4. This list is not all inclusive list, and can be expanded upon at any time.

3. All players actively invovled in the arranged kill will be given upto 35 points on a case by case basis.
So if we were to take Cru's bonder, then suicide to a lvl 9 port, you know someone would cry to the admins, and who ever was the trigger to the lvl 9 port would be getting a ban.l

Space Gnat, I agree kills do need to be earned, but in the situations I want arranged kills allowed, the kills is not the reasoning behind it. It's to prevent getting killed by enemy guns. Stat padding should still not be allowed. I fail to see how the fact that you have been banned for an arranged kill is relevant. Under the current rules they're illegal, thats why I want the rules changed. You should not want people to suffer the same fate as you.

Anyway back to the subject on hand, limiting how someone wants to play the game, and limiting the different strategies one can use is detrimental to the game. I am actually against all rules, but especially this one. If something is not allowed, it should be coded into the game to make it not allowed. Making rules to prevent people from doing something is lame. If there is a loophole, fix the loophole through code.
If you can't beat em, ban em!
Harry Krishna
Beta Test Team Leader

Post by Harry Krishna »

The intentional suicide rule was created for the exact reasons stated: People throwing a fit, trying to spam the news, or padding their stats.

The second item of the suicide rule says what is bannable behavior. It is open to admin judgement, as are all rulings, but a single death to a port for whatever reason does not necessarily fall foul of the rules as stated.
that which pods you makes you stronger
Dread Pirate Roberts
Quiet One

Harry Krishna wrote:The intentional suicide rule was created for the exact reasons stated: People throwing a fit, trying to spam the news, or padding their stats.

The second item of the suicide rule says what is bannable behavior. It is open to admin judgement, as are all rulings, but a single death to a port for whatever reason does not necessarily fall foul of the rules as stated.
So my example would be allowed then? We hit your guys bonder, I got like 1.3 bil of your loot on my ship but am trapped in your galaxy. So I attack a level 9 port, so noone gets the money, and we all can be broke. That's legal?
Kahless_
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Kahless_ »

Thats perfectly legal going on past instances. The only way that situation would become illegal is if that person left the alliance to allow their alliance to pod them and take the cash out with someone who has turns.
RandyOrsolo
Admin Emeritus

Post by RandyOrsolo »

Dread Pirate Roberts wrote:So my example would be allowed then? We hit your guys bonder, I got like 1.3 bil of your loot on my ship but am trapped in your galaxy. So I attack a level 9 port, so noone gets the money, and we all can be broke. That's legal?
Legal, and I'd be happy with it as you wouldn't have the money either. And if you're stupid enough not to have a jump ship with you, well....
What, you want something witty?
Dread Pirate Roberts
Quiet One

RandyOrsolo wrote:
Legal, and I'd be happy with it as you wouldn't have the money either. And if you're stupid enough not to have a jump ship with you, well....
It was just one random example that I thought of off the top of my head, although it would never happen. But its one strategic reason for suicide that could not happen. I thought any intentional suicide was against the rules. I guess I was mistaken.
Holti
Quiet One

Re: Arranged Kills

Post by Holti »

Stats padding :P