Alliance Politics

Moderators: JettJackson, Holti, jouldax

adam_phg
Quiet One

Post by adam_phg »

with splitting alliances it would change the whole aspect of the game. 15 people cannot do what 30 peopl can. 30 man alliance brings a nice op squad. what can 15 man alliance bring to bust a lvl 70 planet?
For the glory of Ayock!
N.ator
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by N.ator »

[quote="adam_phg"]with splitting alliances it would change the whole aspect of the game. quote]

exactly. isnt that the point.. to put whoel new aspects to the game! makes it harder and more fun!!!
ImageImage
Dread Pirate Roberts
Quiet One

Post by Dread Pirate Roberts »

adam_phg wrote:with splitting alliances it would change the whole aspect of the game. 15 people cannot do what 30 peopl can. 30 man alliance brings a nice op squad. what can 15 man alliance bring to bust a lvl 70 planet?
It makes using your MOP, required in order to bust lvl 70's. If your 15 man alliance, has a MOP with another 15 man alliance, you basically have a 30 man alliance. Alliance politics are already coded in I believe. Isn't that why we have the "For Alliance Eyes Only" option on the alliance MB, because you can read your MOP'ed alliance's webboard.
It just gives some separation between the two parts. It could add a whole new aspect to SMR. It would make the game more dynamic. A treaty might break mid game, and then teams change. Treaties can be made in secret, so maybe someone will attack you thinking your still without a MOP, and get more than they bargained for.
And Thennian don't be so full of your self, everything isn't about you buddy. It has nothing to do with Crusaders at all. In fact I like you guys easy kills, just playin' :B.O.B.: I just used cru, because they have been around longer than any alliance. Cru isn't the best alliance of all time, I wouldn't try and change the rules to break you guys up. I always thought Death Control, and a couple other alliances were a bit better, but none of them have the staying power of Cru. Don't get me wrong Cru is a freakin' awesome, very strong alliance This wasn't intended to put down Cru
If you can't beat em, ban em!
Kal
Quiet One

Post by Kal »

Dread Pirate Roberts wrote:One more plus to this idea is it will create a whole new generation of leaders. We have the same people leading the same alliances for years now. Well with twice as many alliances, we will need twice as many leaders. So we will be having a whole new bunch of people steppin' up to lead.
I don't exactly view this as a plus. The only reason why Crusaders have been around for a while and have staying power is because of the strength of their leadership. Reducing the alliance cap to 15 will force the game to accept at least 1 leader (if not more, since solid leadership usually comes from a team) per 15 players, and I just don't see that as being available in the playerbase. While it may sound good in theory, it will be a disaster in application, and it will reduce the overall enjoyment of the playing experience.
Holti
Quiet One

Re: Alliance Politics

Post by Holti »

Playerbase issues. could be revisited if we can increase the active playerbase.