Newbie Locations

Moderators: JettJackson, Holti, jouldax

Trigek
Admin Emeritus

Newbie Locations

Post by Trigek »

It is easy for vets to say that Newbies should just stay in their racial galaxies and be safe but that notion is not practical when all the important locations are outside those racial galaxies. Generally when you see a newbie die outside the racial galaxies it is cause they are trying to get to some location, most likely a CA.

Newbies should have their own set of locations all within the racial galaxies.
Live to Win, Dare to Fail

To: Trigek
Subject: thanks
just wanted to say thanks for trying to control the situation on webboard. it's all the people around me who keep up their great work.
smr lives through you!
SPOCK
DWill
Admin Emeritus

Post by DWill »

This is such a simple and effective idea, I don't know why it wasn't thought of before.
-when there is a will there is a way
Ardbeg
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by Ardbeg »

It requires coding, which is not going to happen right now.
Read the rules, follow the rules, and stop complaining!
silverx2
Quiet One

Post by silverx2 »

and it will result in bigger alliances getting thier friends to sign up for the sole purpose of purchasing stuff for the non newbie players to transfer them while not worrying about risking life and limb.
i killed orca.
Jester-
Admin Emeritus

Post by Jester- »

They would have to leave the non-newbie racial for that..
Trigek
Admin Emeritus

Post by Trigek »

silverx2 wrote:and it will result in bigger alliances getting thier friends to sign up for the sole purpose of purchasing stuff for the non newbie players to transfer them while not worrying about risking life and limb.
You can't transfer ships, weapons, and alignment. You'll have to leave the racials to transfer forces.
Live to Win, Dare to Fail

To: Trigek
Subject: thanks
just wanted to say thanks for trying to control the situation on webboard. it's all the people around me who keep up their great work.
smr lives through you!
SPOCK
JettJackson
Fledgling Spam Artist

Re: Newbie Locations

Post by JettJackson »

this could use more discussion
Lead: Sesame Street, Rogue Squad

Co-Lead: Suckas, Black Sun Ascending, Wraith Squadron, Fool's Errend, Team Poker, The Phantom Order, Toxic #5

Member of: Team Pup and Suds, Nintendo Power, System Failure, Crusaders, new dawn, Cereal Killers, Armory, Armory V2, _-=`Perfection`=-_, The Guild, Ragnarok, Heimdall, United Rebels, ilLegitimate Basterds

I've seen and done it all
jouldax
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by jouldax »

There's still too much abuse of italics benefit. I think if we implement newbie games and really help the newbies learn how not to get shot, that would be enough. Otherwise, look at what TITS would have done this game with all the newbies - just sit in racial fed and mine without risk of getting shot in all the racials and the warps to omar.
RCK
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by RCK »

Agreed. Unbalanced approach.