New type of trading

Moderators: JettJackson, Holti, jouldax

Purify
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Purify »

Makes me chuckle that Poca posts that trading is too easy when he was the leader of his alliance and traded some 3 or 4x one outside of fed at 7am EST and then blamed his Alskants for not making enough money when he, himself coulda made 3424545645234 more credits on other routes....

However, I do like his second 'seggestian'.... if you catch someone at the port right after a sell they have to make that extra click anyways.... so why not have them do it after a buy as well??

omg i agreed with JJ.....................................................................................................
Baalzamon
Destroyer of his own FU

Post by Baalzamon »

Purify wrote:omg i agreed with JJ.....................................................................................................
And I agreed with Ard. theres something about poca's "seggestians" that make you do the unthinkable, huh?
Jester-
Admin Emeritus

Post by Jester- »

There are a few practical things you could do to make staying at a port a few seconds longer. Make it so you can't hit "enter" to accept an offer. Make relations go up or down on a daily basis more randomly so there is some profit from bargaining. For example, sometimes you could bargain for up to an extra 100k credits on lower goods, 500k on medium goods and 1-2mil on higher goods. If you get rejected you don't lose turns, only time.

EDIT: Of course this would need to be coded, and none of this is going to happen to 1.5, so whats the point?
buttsack
Quiet One

Post by buttsack »

Can you guys stop ripping on him for spelling suggestions wrong? I'm sure he gets the point... now please get back on topic.

Jesus H Christ its like SMR players have absolutely no respect for one another.
Green Skulls, Crimson and Clover, Army of Cuda, Suckas, Armory, Armory v2, Green Skulls, Lords of the Pings, Green Skulls, Ingenious!
Harry Krishna
Beta Test Team Leader

Post by Harry Krishna »

Like it or not, spelling correctly is a way of presenting yourself to others. Whether it is on a resume for a job, a paper for school, in email, or posting on a web board, good or bad spelling makes a difference on how others percieve you and it influences how seriously to take your ideas.

And back on topic, one more click to leave the port might not hurt anyone too badly. But making it easier to kill traders doesn't not make the game more fun for those who trade. So what is the purpose of this idea?
that which pods you makes you stronger
neto
Quiet One

Post by neto »

i think its pocas way of telling people he's a badass trader who can get away from anyone working those 3X by fed. he also wants to point out that he sucks at hunting so he wants the admins to make trading harder to make it easier for him to get kills.
how sad
MIDGET MADNESS!
frostiegurl
Quiet One

Post by frostiegurl »

Harry Krishna wrote:Like it or not, spelling correctly is a way of presenting yourself to others. Whether it is on a resume for a job, a paper for school, in email, or posting on a web board, good or bad spelling makes a difference on how others percieve* you and it influences how seriously to take your ideas.

Sorry honey, I just had to do it. Mwah!

*perceive

:P
15 PPs : Darla, Spanky, Alfalfa, Buckwheat, Bubbles, Buttercup, Stabber, Kush, Puredeath, Neto, Swaggie, Misfit,ADO,Prudence, Duncan
3 E's : Princess Peach, Horatio Ignatious Crustaceous Sebastian & Neptune.
Zeke is a Ruggie
N.ator
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by N.ator »

neto wrote:i think its pocas way of telling people he's a badass trader who can get away from anyone working those 3X by fed. he also wants to point out that he sucks at hunting so he wants the admins to make trading harder to make it easier for him to get kills.
how sad
one, i dont and havnt traded one 3x this game. so get your facts straight.

and 2, why would i want to make trading harder if trading is proacticly the only thing i do?

and 3, i dont hunt i fight.
ImageImage
N.ator
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by N.ator »

Harry Krishna wrote:Like it or not, spelling correctly is a way of presenting yourself to others. Whether it is on a resume for a job, a paper for school, in email, or posting on a web board, good or bad spelling makes a difference on how others percieve you and it influences how seriously to take your ideas.

And back on topic, one more click to leave the port might not hurt anyone too badly. But making it easier to kill traders doesn't not make the game more fun for those who trade. So what is the purpose of this idea?
it makes trading harder!!

i can drain a 3x in approxamatly a min and half on a good day. now is that to easy? that means i gain around 4.5k in a min. and a half.

making the game harder makes it more fun because you woudl have to run more. you will encounter more hunters and there would be new strategy into the game.

--and who cares if i misspell a word. no one is perfect so get over it.
ImageImage
N.ator
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by N.ator »

Purify wrote:Makes me chuckle that Poca posts that trading is too easy when he was the leader of his alliance and traded some 3 or 4x one outside of fed at 7am EST and then blamed his Alskants for not making enough money when he, himself coulda made 3424545645234 more credits on other routes....

However, I do like his second 'seggestian'.... if you catch someone at the port right after a sell they have to make that extra click anyways.... so why not have them do it after a buy as well??

omg i agreed with JJ.....................................................................................................
1. i only traded that route once or twice
2. whats wrong trading at 7am EST? other people could trade them too if they want!! if you really wanted to you could go and trade at 7, im not stopping you!
3. i made plenty of cash for my alliance. more then any other alskant and more then most other traders.
ImageImage