New type of trading

Moderators: JettJackson, Holti, jouldax

N.ator
Beginner Spam Artist

New type of trading

Post by N.ator »

**just to tell you this idea needs alot of work**

trading has to be done differently. currently trading is to easy. its not hard, and its to easy to get away from hunters...so what my seggesgtion is, is that we need to make trading somhow harder or take maybe longer.

suggestion 1: when entering a port it takes 2 seconds. so when you click trade on a port, it will bring up another screen and shoudl have a count down clock just starting at 2 and going down. this would slow down traders and make trading harder.

Suggestion 2: make traders have to click another button. maybe after they finish buying all there goods they have to click leave port ont he top middle?

Suggestion 3: make ports has bases and you can dock at ports. but as like planets, you can dock, but you are not garrenteed safty and ports will be busted meaning you would be kicked off port. (idk needs alot of work, and would be almost to easy for hunters because they coudl always park on ports...just posted this because that is how tdzk was based)
Last edited by N.ator on Tue Oct 09, 2007 1:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage
Ardbeg
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by Ardbeg »

.....except that hunting traders is meant to be difficult. SMR is not a point-and-click game, no matter how much some people want to make it that way. Most of the combat in this game should be between combat vessels, trader kills should be rare and take work (patience, skill, research, planning, whatever) to achieve. With your suggestions, we might as well make it an automatic kill if a combat ship enters a sector with a tradeship in it!
Read the rules, follow the rules, and stop complaining!
N.ator
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by N.ator »

Ardbeg wrote:.....except that hunting traders is meant to be difficult. SMR is not a point-and-click game, no matter how much some people want to make it that way. Most of the combat in this game should be between combat vessels, trader kills should be rare and take work (patience, skill, research, planning, whatever) to achieve. With your suggestions, we might as well make it an automatic kill if a combat ship enters a sector with a tradeship in it!
it wouldnt be an automatic kill dude.

all im saying is we need to make trading more fun and make trading harder. dude because right now its impossible to really kill somone while trading(a vet that know what they are doing)

i think you just dont wan to make trading harder because you are would just die.
ImageImage
Ardbeg
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by Ardbeg »

Yeah, I'm knocking down your suggestion because I'm afraid of taking pods, you got me [/end sarcasm]

The players that would get hurt by this are the inexperienced traders (the ones we need to encourage to stay in the game), and the ones who would benefit are the fulltime hunters (who don't need any help in their constant harassment of the new players).
JettJackson
Fledgling Spam Artist

Post by JettJackson »

suggestion 2 makes sense thou, why should it kick you out automatically, thats like going to a store and after you buy your stuff, you magically appear in the parking lot
Lead: Sesame Street, Rogue Squad

Co-Lead: Suckas, Black Sun Ascending, Wraith Squadron, Fool's Errend, Team Poker, The Phantom Order, Toxic #5

Member of: Team Pup and Suds, Nintendo Power, System Failure, Crusaders, new dawn, Cereal Killers, Armory, Armory V2, _-=`Perfection`=-_, The Guild, Ragnarok, Heimdall, United Rebels, ilLegitimate Basterds

I've seen and done it all
Ardbeg
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by Ardbeg »

Just because you can rationalize it in "real" terms does not make it a good idea. Slowing down traders would be bad for the game for the reasons I have already given.
Harry Krishna
Beta Test Team Leader

Post by Harry Krishna »

Poca wrote:all im saying is we need to make trading more fun and make trading harder. dude because right now its impossible to really kill somone while trading (a vet that know what they are doing)
The logic here is flawed. Make it easier to kill traders, make trading more fun, make it harder. These ideas don't go together. You need to think about "seggestions" before you post them.
that which pods you makes you stronger
Baalzamon
Destroyer of his own FU

Post by Baalzamon »

Ardbeg wrote:Just because you can rationalize it in "real" terms does not make it a good idea. Slowing down traders would be bad for the game for the reasons I have already given.
I agree with Ard 100% here. Yes, trading should be changed a bit, but slowing it down...that just gives kills to hunters. 2 seconds to enter port, 2+ to buy goods, and a second to get back to CS...thats 5 seconds spent at a port at the fastest...Too slow, given that most hunters can knock off 2 shots a second.
Azool
SMR Coder

Post by Azool »

I agree with the concept. I want to make trading take slightly longer (due to changes in 1.5 that make surviving as a trader slightly easier). But if I make it take longer I don't want it to be a forced delay (i.e. a screen with a countdown). I would rather make it take longer because the trader has to do something (like bargain, or gossip with a port owner to increase relations, or pick the "best" 100 units of food or things like this).
Men are born to succeed, not fail.
-Henry David Thoreau
seldum
Beta Tester

Post by seldum »

you always complain that no one takes you seriously Poca but how can you expect someone to take you seriously when you misspell a word 3 times in a row even though its right in front of you as we are in the suggestions forum and it shows up on the top left of the screen