Attacking - NEW

Moderators: JettJackson, Holti, jouldax

Legend
Quiet One

Attacking - NEW

Post by Legend »

What i propose, is an idea which makes attacking both more fun, and a little harder.

Currently when attacking another player, after you examine and fire the first attack, the continue attack is on the bottom of the screen, in the same place and can be triggered numerous times in a matter of seconds.

What i suggest is a new system to fire off a ships attack. After you examine the trader and fire the first attack, to continue the attack, you will have to fire on the ship its self ( a moving picture )

How the moving ship will be determed to how much it moves about on the screen is the attack rating of your ship. Higher attack rating, the more the ship will move about on the screen, and therefore a longer pause between attacks.
(also maybe the ship will move around more, as you purchase more SC, amount of kills in that 24 hour period)

NOTE * With this moving ship, it should be moving not just on the bottom of the screen, but on the top, sides, middle, bottom, all over.

I think this will had some hand eye cord-nation.

(only thing is how would the attack results show up?

have the attack results int he middle of the page, with room all on the outsides for the ship to move around?
who has a signature now days
yamo
Quiet One

Re: Attacking - NEW

Post by yamo »

I think this will had some hand eye cord-nation.

but i have none...thats why i play this game and not half-doomquake fortess VI
Old Soul. Newbie Skills!
Legend
Quiet One

Post by Legend »

yamo wrote:I think this will had some hand eye cord-nation.

but i have none...thats why i play this game and not half-doomquake fortess VI

when i state the ship will be moving, i mean that it will just show up in a new spot in the screen, every time the new screen loads,
Legend
Quiet One

Post by Legend »

2. can we get a picture of two ships attacking each other in the attacking report(to seperate the two attacks)

3.have attack button moving after every attack
OmegaRenegade
Admin Emeritus

Post by OmegaRenegade »

I got a better idea. Lets make it so your ship responds to voice commands and you can move your ship by using W-A-S-D and fire using your mouse... oh wait, lets break out the old joysticks and really make this game fun ;) As far as I'm concerned SMR is more about strategy and planning than eye-hand co-ordination. The last thing we need is to make the faster players even faster
My ties are severed clean, the less I have the more I gain, off the beaten path I reign, rover, wanderer, nomad, vagabond, call me what you will

Legend
Quiet One

Post by Legend »

i think you guys are taking it the wrong way.

all i mean by this is having it like the last game, where you click a button saying continue to attack. and it was moving below the report.

lets just make the attack button like a ship with the attack written on it? and have it moving around again?

this would slow up the hunters. because right now you can get 3 shots off per second.
OmegaRenegade
Admin Emeritus

Post by OmegaRenegade »

3 shots in 1 second? Your girlfriend must not be too impressed with you
My ties are severed clean, the less I have the more I gain, off the beaten path I reign, rover, wanderer, nomad, vagabond, call me what you will

Legend
Quiet One

Post by Legend »

OmegaRenegade wrote:3 shots in 1 second? Your girlfriend must not be too impressed with you
When i attack, i attack so quick, its as if it was plotting course yet quicker. There is less to load, and the button is stationary. Heck i don't even need to scroll down to fire
OmegaRenegade
Admin Emeritus

Post by OmegaRenegade »

Sar-Chasm: The gap between people who get sarcasm and those who do not.

You might be able to shoot 3 times a second, but I can move 28 thousand sectors in 4.2 second, try triggering on that :P

Holti
Quiet One

Post by Holti »

Hotkeys makes this request obsolete.