Ingoring Pings

Moderators: JettJackson, Holti, jouldax

TK - The Loved

Ingoring Pings

Post by TK - The Loved »

Well, I dont know how many times I have been pinged hundreds of times by newbies or un-attackable players when hunting.

There should be an option to ignore pings from certain people for lets say 12 hour periods or something so if you are constantly checking pings and having to see the same ones over and over knowing that player is in newbies, it gets annoying
Baalzamon
Destroyer of his own FU

Re: Ingoring Pings

Post by Baalzamon »

agreed
yamo
Quiet One

Post by yamo »

Disagree. Nobody forced you to put those scouts out. Dealing with 'noise' is part of intelligence gathering. It's not what you know. It's what you know you know.
Old Soul. Newbie Skills!
Swagman
Quiet One

Post by Swagman »

yeah, making your life easier, isn't the answer...

it's like going after the offers when trading, sometimes it will say x will buy 3000 food at 6 times xp, but when you get there there is only 500 demand, so you've wasted your time...

same in hunting, sometimes you will waste your time, other times you'll get lucky.... it's just part of the game
Legend
Quiet One

Post by Legend »

maybe we could add this feature if you buy the new smr package?
who has a signature now days
Azool
SMR Coder

Post by Azool »

Legend wrote:maybe we could add this feature if you buy the new smr package?
And if they don't buy it, then I will ping them constantly until they do ;)

That could be a good feature that wouldn't change balance much/at all
Men are born to succeed, not fail.
-Henry David Thoreau
yamo
Quiet One

Post by yamo »

how about allowing a player to turn off a scout completely...no newbie pings AND no target pings. no pings from that scout until you turn it back on or it expires. that seems more balanced.
Old Soul. Newbie Skills!
Harry Krishna
Beta Test Team Leader

Post by Harry Krishna »

There are cases where having a scout in a particular sector is annoying and unhelpful. Say for example, after an OP. You went and attacked an enemy location, dropped scouts around and didn't bother picking them up. Now the OP is over and there is no intent to gather info anymore from that sector but you get pinged every 5-10 seconds as they move around. This is particularly a problem when it interferes with "valid" pings coming from other areas.

If we added a checkbox next to the scout message itself "Ignore pings from this sector for X hours" that would be nice. It would select that sector to be ignored but you would still get pings from all other sectors where you have scouts. The time could either be configured as a preference or hard-coded to a set time limit. After that time was up any scouts in that area would resume pings.
that which pods you makes you stronger
Venganza
Quiet One

Post by Venganza »

I say if you want to ignore pings the send the scout a self destruct signal. Solves the problem and doesnt add too much annoying code.
Legend
Quiet One

Post by Legend »

Venganza wrote:I say if you want to ignore pings the send the scout a self destruct signal. Solves the problem and doesnt add too much annoying code.
when i played sm way back in the day, i think they had this feature, was very handy

*what i propose, is be able to look at all of your forces, and turn forces on and off (activate, and deactivate) and also self destroy forces*
who has a signature now days