SC Loss

Moderators: JettJackson, Holti, jouldax

Baalzamon
Destroyer of his own FU

SC Loss

Post by Baalzamon »

Alright, so everyone is complaining about being down at lets say 20 SC, and then doing a trade or excavation and getting hit twice in a row, and bam, you're at 0 SC, far from fed, and gadgets unable to help.

What if we made it so that once you hit 30 SC, the chances of getting robbed at a port, or damaging the ship while excavating goods either goes down drastically, or even is gone, and increase the chance to break down a little bit to even it out.

If you were to get rid of losing SC once you hit 30, then people would stay down there as much as possible, but if you up the chance to breakdown, then people will still be less comfortable with staying that low.

Thoughts?
Harry Krishna
Beta Test Team Leader

Re: SC Loss

Post by Harry Krishna »

I don't think it's the chance of it happening that is the problem. The amount of loss per incident should be reduced. Losing > 5 SC should be a rare occurrence, and losing > 10 should be very very unfortunate.

And while we're on the subject I also think that losing 1 SC when your trade is rejected by the port master is :D. Losing SC while moving cargo makes sense, but nothing is moving around when the offer is rejected. We're losing SC left and right already, so just make that stop, please.
that which pods you makes you stronger
JettJackson
Fledgling Spam Artist

Post by JettJackson »

i agree that if its rejected it shouldnt cost sc, especially since its one to unload and one to reload
Lead: Sesame Street, Rogue Squad

Co-Lead: Suckas, Black Sun Ascending, Wraith Squadron, Fool's Errend, Team Poker, The Phantom Order, Toxic #5

Member of: Team Pup and Suds, Nintendo Power, System Failure, Crusaders, new dawn, Cereal Killers, Armory, Armory V2, _-=`Perfection`=-_, The Guild, Ragnarok, Heimdall, United Rebels, ilLegitimate Basterds

I've seen and done it all
silverx2
Quiet One

Post by silverx2 »

i dont like that it costs .1 to enter a port.
i killed orca.
Azool
SMR Coder

Post by Azool »

As it is right now, I am seeing the perfect balance of SC to experience gained. If we lower the amount you lose from one hit, then I also have to increase the frequency that it occurs to maintain this balance. This would only prevent the problem of losing 30 in 2 trades, but it would be much more common to lose 10 in 2 trades.
Men are born to succeed, not fail.
-Henry David Thoreau
RandyOrsolo
Admin Emeritus

Post by RandyOrsolo »

Harry Krishna wrote:I don't think it's the chance of it happening that is the problem. The amount of loss per incident should be reduced. Losing > 5 SC should be a rare occurrence, and losing > 10 should be very very unfortunate.

And while we're on the subject I also think that losing 1 SC when your trade is rejected by the port master is :D. Losing SC while moving cargo makes sense, but nothing is moving around when the offer is rejected. We're losing SC left and right already, so just make that stop, please.
I agree (and I believe I've said as much) with the first statement.

Second is also correct.
What, you want something witty?
Venganza
Quiet One

Post by Venganza »

i prefer it the way it is currently. It is just different then people were used to before.
Infinity
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Infinity »

I think I've actually gotten used to this system though if I lose SC it's rarely under 11-12.
Use The Force(s)!
Legend
Quiet One

Post by Legend »

i think we should keep it,

already there are people 300k+ and it has only been 2 weeks.

i say keep it.
who has a signature now days
Venganza
Quiet One

Post by Venganza »

I agree it sucks to loose 25 sc on your first trade of the day, has happened to me a few times. Just deal with it and keep trading.