Ancient knowledge

Moderators: JettJackson, Holti, jouldax

Target
Quiet One

Re: Ancient knowledge

Post by Target »

Baalzamon wrote:It is random, but, like the random SC losses, theres an average chance of it. By limiting the amount of an action, you're going to see a very low return for it.
That seems to be more the key. By not refreshing you increase the possibility of getting a large amount of the same, or a few goods. However, I'm not sure if this is the way it should be. If you turn in 600 manuscripts, you shouldn't have less of a chance of getting ancient knowledge than if you turn in 6 ancient probes, 34 manuscripts and 4 of something else (you get the idea).
Azool
SMR Coder

Post by Azool »

Every time you turn in an ancient good there is a 45% chance to get ancient knowledge from it. The more goods turned in, the higher the ancient knowledge gained. Refreshing CS quickly will increase your chance of getting ancient goods, but it will be in a lower amount, whereas not refreshing has the potential to bring in 100s of high level goods, but not as often. Theoretically, over time, both methods balance out.

The goal is to make 2k points obtainable over 2-3 months of trying to get it (it is the excavator's equivalent of getting spooky). And just as everyone fears someone with 500k (or 2mil in the new version) experience, or everyone fears the guy with 50 kill, everyone will likewise fear the guy with 2k ancient knowledge.
Men are born to succeed, not fail.
-Henry David Thoreau
Venganza
Quiet One

Post by Venganza »

are you sure it is a 45% chance? throughout the game i have gotten maybe a 15% chance to get knowledge. tonight again i turned in around 12 stacks of ancient goods and got 6 aether knowledge from all of it. 1 out of 12 gave a return.
Holti
Quiet One

Post by Holti »

No longer used in game.