New planet buildings

Moderators: JettJackson, Holti, jouldax

Harry Krishna
Beta Test Team Leader

New planet buildings

Post by Harry Krishna »

It appears that there are randomly assigned values for energy, minerals, and land mass for planets. This limits their function as some planets aren't big enough or don't have enough energy or minerals for certain purposes. I'm proposing that there be a way to boost these numbers.

Energy satellites could be built to gather and process solar power and boost a planet's energy score. The time to build would be 6 hours, resources required TBD, and each one would increase the energy by 5. Perhaps limit the number of satellites to 10. This could be dependent on Advanced Research being completed on a Research rock.

Terraformation would create artificial land mass and minerals. Each terraform treatment would take 48 hours, resources required TBD, and it would increase land mass by 10. Limit of 3. Dependent on Advanced Research on a Research rock.
that which pods you makes you stronger
Baalzamon
Destroyer of his own FU

Re: New planet buildings

Post by Baalzamon »

HK, talk to OR about it. He's the one that designed the new planet system, and he would be a bigger help with this then anyone else.
Legend
Quiet One

Post by Legend »

can we get a description of what each building does (maybe a mouse over description) because whats the point of building something that in your opinion could be useless but you didn't know what it did
who has a signature now days
Baalzamon
Destroyer of his own FU

Post by Baalzamon »

Legend wrote:can we get a description of what each building does (maybe a mouse over description) because whats the point of building something that in your opinion could be useless but you didn't know what it did
http://www.azool.us/baalz/planets.htm

also, the 1.5 forum is open to te public. you can go in there and find all the planet info you want
Harry Krishna
Beta Test Team Leader

Post by Harry Krishna »

Baalzamon wrote:
Legend wrote:can we get a description of what each building does (maybe a mouse over description) because whats the point of building something that in your opinion could be useless but you didn't know what it did

also, the 1.5 forum is open to te public. you can go in there and find all the planet info you want
For one thing, most of the 1.5 info is old and not current with what is going on now. For another, this is the suggestion thread, so if Mr. OR wants to comment here on my ideas, he is welcome to.
that which pods you makes you stronger
Baalzamon
Destroyer of his own FU

Post by Baalzamon »

The planetary buildings have not been changed since open beta began. And I told you to talk to OR to help your suggestion and figure out fine details.
OmegaRenegade
Admin Emeritus

Post by OmegaRenegade »

We actually added those values to purposely limit what kinds of planets can be built, forcing alliances to use some variety and build at least several of the different types as well as cause a bit of strategy when it comes to what planets are built where.
My ties are severed clean, the less I have the more I gain, off the beaten path I reign, rover, wanderer, nomad, vagabond, call me what you will

Nariis

Post by Nariis »

I'm going off on a bit of a tangent here, but it still has to do with planets.

Since we cannot remove goods once they are dropped on a planet, can it be set so that you can only drop the goods needed for builds? Otherwise space is taken up by nonessential goods and it takes quite a while to get rid of them, depending on how much was dumped.
OmegaRenegade
Admin Emeritus

Post by OmegaRenegade »

Nariis wrote:I'm going off on a bit of a tangent here, but it still has to do with planets.

Since we cannot remove goods once they are dropped on a planet, can it be set so that you can only drop the goods needed for builds? Otherwise space is taken up by nonessential goods and it takes quite a while to get rid of them, depending on how much was dumped.
If people are gonna use planets to dump goods then ya gotta deal with it, if your players are excavating and fill your planets with goods you dont need then you should tell them not to ;) However Resource planets have a structure called a "Cargo Pod" which basically shares all your goods between all your planets and gives you a whole lot more space (60000 i think). Also there were plans that the Goods Exchange building would liquidate excess goods for the base market value of that good but that hasn't been added yet.
My ties are severed clean, the less I have the more I gain, off the beaten path I reign, rover, wanderer, nomad, vagabond, call me what you will

DWill
Admin Emeritus

Post by DWill »

Harry Krishna wrote:
Baalzamon wrote:

For one thing, most of the 1.5 info is old and not current with what is going on now. For another, this is the suggestion thread, so if Mr. OR wants to comment here on my ideas, he is welcome to.
HK is right in that the 1.5 forum is near useless for planet information :).
-when there is a will there is a way