game mode ideas

Admin approved features. Once a feature has been approved by the admin team they are placed here until they are posted to the RaF in game for voting by the community.

Moderators: JettJackson, Holti, jouldax

silverx2
Quiet One

game mode ideas

Post by silverx2 »

something for a future between game fun.

1.)Invasion

Everything starts as if the game in towards the end of the game. One planet galaxy for the defenders that is setup in a linear fashion as if it was an actual galaxy the center planet being "earth" the strongest of the planets, each planet outwards has a max level slightly lower.

The invaders will be comprised of the team that "won" the previous game(could also have the leader of that alliance pick and choose 25-30 players they want on their team). They will be an "unknown" race and will have access to all ships/weapons as well as unlimited funds and a much fast turn rate.

The goal is to see how long the defenders can fight off the invading force(unlimited funds, seemingly unlimited turns) constant waves of attacks against the planets.

2.)squad wars
max alliance size is 3 people. Max planet level 15(up or down would need to be balanced) money not a factor. high turn rate. Short game with small team sizes for quick fun shootouts in team like setups.
i killed orca.
LotuS
Beta Tester

Re: game mode ideas

Post by LotuS »

this is also a good solution
Ingenius, Armory Armory v2, Lords of the PingsSuckas, AoC, Green Skulls, DoW, Shadow, MoM, Xenocide, NE, ST, HA, PI, FI, Armada, DC, LoP, AS, Lom, MH, RC
Cowboy
Beta Tester

Post by Cowboy »

I like the squad wars idea, sounds like fun :mrgreen:

This is what i wanted to inspire in the alliance cap post, come up with ideas not just sit there and complain :mrgreen:
Cowboy
N.ator
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by N.ator »

wow i think this is great!!! i would love to play this right now!

i think after every big game have a little small game like this! it would be alot of fun and change some stuff up for a bit..
ImageImage
RCK
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by RCK »

both require custom coding... so would depend on page, but both ideas sound cool
Page
SMR Coder

Post by Page »

"Squad wars" should be pretty easy to implement now, when you say max planet level of 15 are you thinking of decreasing the max hangars/turrets/generators, or keep the same max but mean that you can total level 15 so 45 hangars would be level 15 and you could build nothing else, or split it, for instance 10 turrets, 30 hangars, 5 generators?

"Invasion" would take a bit more work but should be pretty doable, although I'd be interested to know how many people would be interested in it first.
Jester-
Admin Emeritus

Post by Jester- »

I'd be interested in both and more interesting ideas.
silverx2
Quiet One

Post by silverx2 »

with the planet levels a max of 15 and let people choose how they are going to build. do you want the planets to hit hard, but only for a small amount of time, Or hit softer, with more duration? if a planet only has hangers, the attackers can go all armor and Destroy the planet, but if they need to take out the shields first the drones have some time to work.

With the invasion idea, the main goal is to have the kind of activity we have at the start of every game, but instead of scouting/early trading, Its all about just fighting and blowing stuff up, Getting that release out before the next game when its 6 weeks of scouting trading and working your way up to a psf/hunter.
i killed orca.
Grey Death
Admin Emeritus

Post by Grey Death »

Both concepts are intriguing and the Coder has said they are doable....Approved
Grey Death
Leader TLS and former War leader KAOS
-A conquered people should know when the are conquered!
Anonymous Roman General
RCK
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by RCK »

Approved.