SMR Wallpapers

Admin approved features. Once a feature has been approved by the admin team they are placed here until they are posted to the RaF in game for voting by the community.

Moderators: JettJackson, Holti, jouldax

RCK
Beginner Spam Artist

Re: SMR Wallpapers

Post by RCK »

N.ator wrote:All i am saying is that if you create these wallpapers, and people install themon the computer, i think it would be overtime generate a better playerbase. more people would play smr the first time they log in because they see smr! if we create cool wallpapers, that people want install then it would be effective!
This part of his logic is sound... :)
Grey Death
Admin Emeritus

Post by Grey Death »

N.ator wrote:
seldum wrote:people like poca will just plagiarize stuff and put SMR on it dont really think its that good of an idea, if we had graphic designers dont you think they would have offered up some services already?
Thanks seldum.

Last time i checked. if they its on the web its on the web! if they have a water mark and you take that away from it then its plagerism. if you change the image 60% or more then its yours!

All i am saying is that if you create these wallpapers, and people install themon the computer, i think it would be overtime generate a better playerbase. more people would play smr the first time they log in because they see smr! if we create cool wallpapers, that people want install then it would be effective!

FYI: from http://www.lawmart.com/forms/difference.htm

What Is a Copyright?

Copyright is a form of protection provided to the authors of "original works of authorship" including literary, dramatic, musical, artistic, and certain other intellectual works, both published and unpublished. The 1976 Copyright Act generally gives the owner of copyright the exclusive right to reproduce the copyrighted work, to prepare derivative works, to distribute copies or phonorecords of the copyrighted work, to perform the copyrighted work publicly, or to display the copyrighted work publicly.

The copyright protects the form of expression rather than the subject matter of the writing. For example, a description of a machine could be copyrighted, but this would only prevent others from copying the description; it would not prevent others from writing a description of their own or from making and using the machine. Copyrights are registered by the Copyright Office of the Library of Congress.

The purpose of a copyright is to protect works of authorship as fixed in a tangible form of expression. Thus, copyright covers: a) works of art (2 or 3 dimensional), b) photos, pictures, graphic designs, drawings and other forms of images; c) songs, music and sound recordings of all kinds; d) books, manuscripts, publications and other written works; and e) plays, movies, shows, and other performance arts.

Any art including pictures of fictional planets, artwork, writing and such are considered automatically copyrighted on behalf of the artist. It does not matter if it was posted on the internet, a BBS, or anywhere else; if you use it then you need permission of the artist to do so otherwise you are open to a suit for copyright infringement. If you change the image significantly then you can typically use the item.
Grey Death
Leader TLS and former War leader KAOS
-A conquered people should know when the are conquered!
Anonymous Roman General
N.ator
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by N.ator »

"If you change the image significantly then you can typically use the item."

yes thats why i added the part where you have to change it at least 60% or more
ImageImage