Building Planet Experience

XDemonX
Newbie Spam Artist

Building Planet Experience

Post by XDemonX »

When I think of the word "Experience" i think of experience gained through playing the game. Almost every aspect of the game should yield experience. Just to focus on one main point planet building should yield A LOT more experience than it does.

Usually when you have a decent builder in the game they are probably one of the lowest experienced members in the alliance, yet they might be the most active and knowledgeable in the alliance. If you've ever built a few planets, its a full time job. You don't have time to go trade, stock planets, and get builds. You only have enough turns to barely stock planets and gets builds. The requested change is to increase experience gained from completing planet builds by a significant amount.

Proposed change and why:

Increase Completed Generator Build to 500 experience
Increase Completed Hangar Build to 1000 experience
Increase Completed Turret Build to 3000 experience

Now, that is 180k for a level 70 planet. You are probably thinking "Holy :D that is A LOT of experience!".. Exactly.. What this promotes is more people trying to build planets because they can be top experience by building planets. But there is a cost. Usually if you want to build, you must stay in planet galaxy so there is no fed protection, you risk getting podded. This promotes more activity as well. To build a level 70 you must realize it takes a A LOT of activity. With this type of experience incentive there will be usually more alliance members willing to chip in to build planets.

Building planets will no longer be considered "b**ch work" but a active strategy in the game that can be rewarding.
This is a beat, you just can't touch.....
RCK
Beginner Spam Artist

Re: Building Planet Experience

Post by RCK »

I like it.

Numbers might need tweaked a bit... but otherwise a sound proposal.
Holti
Quiet One

Post by Holti »

I like it as well. Hugh was an awesome planet builder, he had it down to a fine art. I definitely approve of players like him getting more reward for their effort.
N.ator
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by N.ator »

couldnt someone just jump out, build 5 turrets on 5 different planets then jump back to fed, and then get 15k!? thats a lot..
ImageImage
seldum
Beta Tester

Post by seldum »

thats a lot of exp for 3 clicks... land build launch
RCK
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by RCK »

Why not tie this in with the new building time forumula?

Lower the build time lower the exp, so when you finished the last turret it would be the full 5000 exp vs 1st being 500 exp
N.ator
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by N.ator »

maybe make it so you have to stay on the planet to get full experience. so if you only stay on planet for 1 hour then you get only 1/(time it takes to build planet) of experience
ImageImage
Incognito
Quiet One

Post by Incognito »

N.ator wrote:maybe make it so you have to stay on the planet to get full experience. so if you only stay on planet for 1 hour then you get only 1/(time it takes to build planet) of experience

Only problem I have with this idea is that it means the builder will only get experience for one planet at a time. Instead of the builder being on the planet, might be better if the builder just had to be in the planet galaxy.
I+N+C+O+G+N+I+T+O=Not you

I took a calculated risk. Unfortunately, I am bad at math.
Infinity
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Infinity »

You only have enough turns to barely stock planets and gets builds.
This is not actually true, cause Hugh would both build and stock and manage to trade some. Also, your numbers are way off... 4 planets would have brought me this round... 550k xp (total would be 720k, but I didnt get all builds).

It is fine as it is.
Use The Force(s)!
XDemonX
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by XDemonX »

Infinity wrote:
You only have enough turns to barely stock planets and gets builds.
This is not actually true, cause Hugh would both build and stock and manage to trade some. Also, your numbers are way off... 4 planets would have brought me this round... 550k xp (total would be 720k, but I didnt get all builds).

It is fine as it is.

People are missing the point of making a change like this.

Sure it would have gotten you 550k. But with a change like this MORE people will be inclined to grab builds so it will be more difficult for one person to hoard all the experience from the builds.

I've played with Hugh many many rounds. He is hands down the best builder I have seen. Almost every single game though he would be the one with the lowest experience in the alliance because of this. Being a planet builder is not exactly a glorious route to go.
This is a beat, you just can't touch.....