Planets

Trigek
Admin Emeritus

Planets

Post by Trigek »

I mentioned a couple of ideas to promote the use of planets in the autolaunch thread, discuss and expand on them here.

"make bonding dependent on the number of people parked on the planet, the more people the higher percent... or put back interest in alliance accounts but make the interest based on the amount of alliance members not parked in fed (interest is calculated every fixed amount of hours, 36-48?, and the number of alliance members not in fed is counted at a random time during those hours)."

As for the first suggestion, I would combine that with the current system of determining the interest rate so that build lvl and amount of people on a planet matter. For example, say for each member on the planet you get 20% of what you would get now, up to 100% at 5 members (I would however suggest that higher levels of planets be better at bonding than they are now). In addition, limit the amount of money that can be bonded on one planet, say 200 mil, this will make big alliance spread out their bond and people.
Live to Win, Dare to Fail

To: Trigek
Subject: thanks
just wanted to say thanks for trying to control the situation on webboard. it's all the people around me who keep up their great work.
smr lives through you!
SPOCK
OmegaRenegade
Admin Emeritus

Post by OmegaRenegade »

I kinda like those ideas, but I can see them not doin too much to the game play overall
My ties are severed clean, the less I have the more I gain, off the beaten path I reign, rover, wanderer, nomad, vagabond, call me what you will

Freon22
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by Freon22 »

I said it in the autolaunch thread its a good ideal, so I wanted to make sure I say it here also. I can see good in both of your ideals, the one on planet bonding will help to add more value to planets and more players will park on them to increase their bonds. Which means less fed parking, and the other one with AA account is a good one also. Alliance members will have to park on planets to get interest in AA. I would like to see one or the other tryed in the game, it would be a small step. That is how things should be done in small steps so that over time the game changes slowly.
Warlock
Quiet One

Post by Warlock »

Again, I believe that bonds should fall with a planet. Not immediately, as it would simply give the defenders a VERY good chance to run off with the bond, but on a 30 min timer. Like stocking planets used to be.
Hate
Quiet One

Post by Hate »

I also think that a level 70 planet needs to be able to produce the max for bonding. Everyone does their work to get their planet as safe as possible. So level 70's would make the best cash. With like warlock stated and as i have stated before that the bond should be able to be picked up rather quickly after a successful bust.
B.O.B.
Admin Emeritus

Post by B.O.B. »

Hate wrote:I also think that a level 70 planet needs to be able to produce the max for bonding. Everyone does their work to get their planet as safe as possible. So level 70's would make the best cash. With like warlock stated and as i have stated before that the bond should be able to be picked up rather quickly after a successful bust.
No, shouldn't the rates be relatively higher for lower lvl planets? It's like a high risk investment with the possibilty of great returns. However, at the same time you could lose alot. While as the lvl 70s a relatively safe and thus low risk and low return. Just my opinion.
SGT Johnson, B.O.B.
Countries Visited: Afghanistan, Italy, Iraq, Kuwait, Kyrgyzstan
Countries Lay Over: Germany, Ireland, Turkey
Warlock
Quiet One

Post by Warlock »

You missed the earlier part of the discussion, B.O.B. CHeck other threads.
JettJackson
Fledgling Spam Artist

Re: Planets

Post by JettJackson »

this could require some more discussion, as I mentioned this as a possible fix to promoting people landing together on 70s after the combat change
Lead: Sesame Street, Rogue Squad

Co-Lead: Suckas, Black Sun Ascending, Wraith Squadron, Fool's Errend, Team Poker, The Phantom Order, Toxic #5

Member of: Team Pup and Suds, Nintendo Power, System Failure, Crusaders, new dawn, Cereal Killers, Armory, Armory V2, _-=`Perfection`=-_, The Guild, Ragnarok, Heimdall, United Rebels, ilLegitimate Basterds

I've seen and done it all
jouldax
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by jouldax »

I wouldn't mind seeing some more ideas thrown out there like:

Bonus turn regen for group landing?

Bonus interest rate for >15 landed players (number negotiable, can be a sliding scale)?

Bonus defense for mass landing?

Bonus production speed (incentive to mass land before planet is level 70)?
Astax
SMR Coder

Post by Astax »

I would love to reopen this discussion, since I'm poking in the planets. What I really would like to get consensus on first is what are we trying to promote exactly...

Is it our goal to reward landing on planet vs fedding? Is it our goal to promote building a single planet or multiple planets? Stuff like this...