Planet changes

Grey Death
Admin Emeritus

Re: Planet changes

Post by Grey Death »

Actually,
I would be ok with implementing this for the planet scanning up only. However, make the scanner building take up the space of one turret thus causing the tradeoff that if you want to see who is there then you do 250 dmg less on every shot the planet makes.
Grey Death
Leader TLS and former War leader KAOS
-A conquered people should know when the are conquered!
Anonymous Roman General
RCK
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by RCK »

Sounds reasonable.. i would like to see a revamp of planets.. could be part of it
JettJackson
Fledgling Spam Artist

Post by JettJackson »

Grey Death wrote:Actually,
I would be ok with implementing this for the planet scanning up only. However, make the scanner building take up the space of one turret thus causing the tradeoff that if you want to see who is there then you do 250 dmg less on every shot the planet makes.
I would be fine with this, though it should be like any other building, in that it can be killed off during the bust.
Lead: Sesame Street, Rogue Squad

Co-Lead: Suckas, Black Sun Ascending, Wraith Squadron, Fool's Errend, Team Poker, The Phantom Order, Toxic #5

Member of: Team Pup and Suds, Nintendo Power, System Failure, Crusaders, new dawn, Cereal Killers, Armory, Armory V2, _-=`Perfection`=-_, The Guild, Ragnarok, Heimdall, United Rebels, ilLegitimate Basterds

I've seen and done it all
Grey Death
Admin Emeritus

Post by Grey Death »

Agreed JJ, make the scanner take one turret slot and be destroyable during pbs.
Grey Death
Leader TLS and former War leader KAOS
-A conquered people should know when the are conquered!
Anonymous Roman General
jouldax
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by jouldax »

If GD and JJ agree, it has to be a decent idea :). I say we move this to the "to be implemented" or "approved suggestions" forum
RCK
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by RCK »

fine by me
Jester-
Admin Emeritus

Post by Jester- »

If it is to easily destroyed no one will want to put it on the planet. I myself would rather have a turret than a scanner that could be killed on any given shot. That 250 dmg early on in the bust can sometimes make or break an op.

If it is to be destructible than maybe make it only after there is less than 6 turrets or at a lower rate to be downgraded.
Truth

Post by Truth »

Could also give an idea for a new equipment for races. A jammer for scanners. has a % chance of showing inaccurate results. Maybe an alskant item? Since they are the "Trading" race you would think they would have something to mess up scanners to run off hunters :) Thus making the scanner on the planet not overpowered but helpful.
jouldax
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by jouldax »

Interesting idea. New racial equipment is something that should be fleshed out more thoroughly, but will obviously impact balancing issues. For now, let's stay on the planet topic here, though.

In re-thinking JJ's idea to use up a turret slot, unless we implement other defensive measures, I'm not sure that anyone would sacrifice the potential killing ability for a sector scanner. I suspect the ultimate implementation of this idea might come when we make planets more robust and potentially start adding buildings. You could have a coms building that gives you a full galaxy scan. If we need a near-term fix, you could just add scanning from planet to the planet sector - I imagine you'd be able to see an incoming fleet if you were parked on your home planet.