Planet changes

Kuwl
Beta Tester

Post by Kuwl »

That's the beauty of not knowing. It's all about strategy, when to launch, should you launch? It would take the fun out of launching to see how many wb's are IS and landing again without someone firing on you... Putting this tech into the game will just ruin the whole "I wonder if this planet has cream" philosophy. All you would have to do is scan the planet, see nothing, and go on!

That means, all you would need is like 5 FU's to clear forces, then 10 top racials to come behind, scanning each planet.. and you wouldn't even waste but 150 turns total on the bust (for the top racials)... boring... stupid
Grey
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Grey »

Wanna know their strength? Look at the damage they do in each shot.
Wanna know when to launch? Wait for the attack message icon.
Vober
Beta Tester

Post by Vober »

most people just get the guy who took a pod, has 100 newbie turns, and not enough truns to actually arm come and sit over the planet for big ops anyways....

just makes things easier....
JettJackson
Fledgling Spam Artist

Re: Planet changes

Post by JettJackson »

Rejected, you can already see if there are ships and forces below the planet, anything more overpowers it.
Lead: Sesame Street, Rogue Squad

Co-Lead: Suckas, Black Sun Ascending, Wraith Squadron, Fool's Errend, Team Poker, The Phantom Order, Toxic #5

Member of: Team Pup and Suds, Nintendo Power, System Failure, Crusaders, new dawn, Cereal Killers, Armory, Armory V2, _-=`Perfection`=-_, The Guild, Ragnarok, Heimdall, United Rebels, ilLegitimate Basterds

I've seen and done it all
RCK
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by RCK »

I disagree.

There is no <waits for JJ to cover ears> LOGICAL reason why a planet wouldn't be equipped with a scanner. However this should be a building that has to be built at some stage, not on planets by default.
JettJackson
Fledgling Spam Artist

Post by JettJackson »

RCK you want to know what is IS, launch off the planet and then land, there has to be a risk value in finding out the information. If you want finite information it is only LOGICAL to launch and get said info.

Co-Lead: Suckas, Black Sun Ascending, Wraith Squadron, Fool's Errend, Team Poker, The Phantom Order, Toxic #5

Member of: Team Pup and Suds, Nintendo Power, System Failure, Crusaders, new dawn, Cereal Killers, Armory, Armory V2, _-=`Perfection`=-_, The Guild, Ragnarok, Heimdall, United Rebels, ilLegitimate Basterds

RCK
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by RCK »

If you know there is a ship(s) above your planet then you already have scanners.. and if thats to far a reach, all ships on the planet would have scanners.. therefore its only logical you can scan the sector the planet is in.
JettJackson
Fledgling Spam Artist

Post by JettJackson »

RCK wrote:If you know there is a ship(s) above your planet then you already have scanners.. and if thats to far a reach, all ships on the planet would have scanners.. therefore its only logical you can scan the sector the planet is in.
It give more of an advantage to a landed fleet, they could just scan and see less scan IS and launch off killing them. Without the risk of launching into a fleet. The whole point is there is no risk involved in adding this and you'd probably see less successful 70 busts because of it.

RCK
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by RCK »

Landed fleet is already at the disadvantage typically. And whats the problem with adding some strategy to SMR?
JettJackson
Fledgling Spam Artist

Post by JettJackson »

RCK wrote:Landed fleet is already at the disadvantage typically. And whats the problem with adding some strategy to SMR?
It is strategy to launch off and see who is there, I am not against strategy, I am against riskless moves. The ability to scan off the planet costs nothing and gains a lot of free information.