Politics - How to Improve?

Azool
SMR Coder

Re: Politics - How to Improve?

Post by Azool »

Jester- wrote:
jouldax wrote:I have fewer fleshed out ideas on politics, but I'll throw some funny ones and reasonable ones out there:

5. Let evil people be president. If an evil person becomes president, give them the vote option to legalize evil goods (no fed inspection at legalized ports). Exp gains might need to be modified so good people have just as much a chance of becoming president as evil people.
This idea could grow. You would need to counter-balance it though with a good president having more exp/cash for the top good "goods." Like if you're a good align trader you get 5% more cash/exp.
Agreed. There has to be some negative to being evil (or rather some positive to being good)
Men are born to succeed, not fail.
-Henry David Thoreau
N.ator
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by N.ator »

Jester- wrote:Maybe make new kinds of votes like sharing technology, weapon only peace, trading only peace etc?

i like that idea..

One thing that i think is lacking though is more notifications on the main home screen.. maybe a count down clock when the vote is up. i bet a lot of people forget to vote, or to check it.. i know i forget all the time!
ImageImage
Freon22
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by Freon22 »

The problem with letting evil players being president is that is what every race will end up with. "Evil Presidents" Trading evil goods makes more cash/exp per trade then Good traders make. It would also be hard to balance since they will say they make more because of the risk of being caught and having to pay the fines. Which is all true so you can't cut that down and they will feel it is unfair if you allow Good trades to make equal to what they make with out the risk of paying a fine. I hope you guys can see how this way play out?

I think if you want to improve Politics a good starting point is to give the president of each race a little more power. Like when they cast a Peace vote with a race the relations with that race should move up even if the vote fails. If the President cast a war vote then the relations should move down even if the vote fails.

I also liked an idea that HK had a few years back by ting trading goods to peace/war. So that if you are at war then if there is a port that you are at war with then that port will not be used in the distant between ports. But this could/would lead to super routes in neutral galaxies.

Another idea I remember hearing is make the President a popular vote by all players of that race. Also if the president should receive a pod then a new vote for president would have to be done.

Anyway I will try and do some searching and see if I can find some of the other ideas from the pass.
piratedan
Quiet One

Post by piratedan »

well how about having an evil president being allowed but those members that are evil in alignment are subject to more rigorous searches while trading and if caught or podded, that brings down their administration?

i liked the options allowed but would define them a bit further....

trading agreements
common - means ports are open but subject to tax requiring a simple majority
allied - requires 85% super majority to enact and allows no tariffs and allows access to fed

tech agreements

access to ships
access to weapons
JettJackson
Fledgling Spam Artist

Post by JettJackson »

Add in 'good' only goods and that should balance things out with respect to good/evil presidency.
Lead: Sesame Street, Rogue Squad

Co-Lead: Suckas, Black Sun Ascending, Wraith Squadron, Fool's Errend, Team Poker, The Phantom Order, Toxic #5

Member of: Team Pup and Suds, Nintendo Power, System Failure, Crusaders, new dawn, Cereal Killers, Armory, Armory V2, _-=`Perfection`=-_, The Guild, Ragnarok, Heimdall, United Rebels, ilLegitimate Basterds

I've seen and done it all
RCK
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by RCK »

Medical supplies and something
Freon22
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by Freon22 »

Cool idea RCK "Medical supplies" that would make a good Good thingy. lol But how is add a good only good item going to balance this JJ? Evil players make more cash/exp trading evil goods because they run the risk of being caught and having to pay a fine. So what will the risk be in trading "Medical supplies"? What tir goods will they be? How many different Medical supplies will there be? Evil Players have three evil goods.
JettJackson
Fledgling Spam Artist

Post by JettJackson »

Freon22 wrote:Cool idea RCK "Medical supplies" that would make a good Good thingy. lol But how is add a good only good item going to balance this JJ? Evil players make more cash/exp trading evil goods because they run the risk of being caught and having to pay a fine. So what will the risk be in trading "Medical supplies"? What tir goods will they be? How many different Medical supplies will there be? Evil Players have three evil goods.
I am sure there would be 3 tiers and when caught with them they are donated to the port along with a percentage of your money, this could be another way of upgrading a port while trading it albeit more random.
Lead: Sesame Street, Rogue Squad

Co-Lead: Suckas, Black Sun Ascending, Wraith Squadron, Fool's Errend, Team Poker, The Phantom Order, Toxic #5

Member of: Team Pup and Suds, Nintendo Power, System Failure, Crusaders, new dawn, Cereal Killers, Armory, Armory V2, _-=`Perfection`=-_, The Guild, Ragnarok, Heimdall, United Rebels, ilLegitimate Basterds

I've seen and done it all
RCK
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by RCK »

JettJackson wrote:
Freon22 wrote:Cool idea RCK "Medical supplies" that would make a good Good thingy. lol But how is add a good only good item going to balance this JJ? Evil players make more cash/exp trading evil goods because they run the risk of being caught and having to pay a fine. So what will the risk be in trading "Medical supplies"? What tir goods will they be? How many different Medical supplies will there be? Evil Players have three evil goods.
I am sure there would be 3 tiers and when caught with them they are donated to the port along with a percentage of your money, this could be another way of upgrading a port while trading it albeit more random.
in that case... it wouldnt be 'caught' it would be 'donated' :)

For instance "Port XXXX is suffering a viral outbreak! You have donated xxx Medical Supplies to the relief efforts"
Freon22
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by Freon22 »

Well you two seem to have worked it out. It sounds good and looks like it would work out ok. So as long as both Evil and Good players have an equal chance then >>>>> Bring on the good/evil presidency!!!!!

Good job RCK and JJ