Public User Ranks

XDemonX
Newbie Spam Artist

Public User Ranks

Post by XDemonX »

Alright so one thing SMR missing in my eyes is motivation to play game after game.

The real only motivation to play for some people who are casual players is working up the Hall of Fame to the top. The main stat being your User Ranking. Of course as you all know the current ranking system is a point system.

Newbie - 0 points.
Beginner - 244 points.
Fledgling - 2456 points.
Average - 9486 points.
Adept - 24749 points.
Expert - 52069 points.
Elite - 95613 points.
Master - 159835 points.

Personally, I hate this system. I have no idea how many kills i need or exp I need to trade to get to Master. The old way was much better in my eyes. It just needed a few more tweaks so a true "Master" of the game can excel at all aspects of the game.

Now to make it even more motivating for players to try to get a higher rank is a public rank next to your name on Current Player List that everyone can see. Everyone loves competition and seeing a rank like that will actually promote people playing game after game to get a better rank. The easiest and cleanest way to do it is add another column on current player list currently it is set up like this:

Player Race Alliance Experience

New way would be:

Player Rank Race Alliance Experience

So now for the new parameters to achieve higher ranks. Lets start off about talking about a player that can be considered a master. SMR is a game that involves joining and supporting a alliance. A true master can't just login trade all day, logoff and do that day after day. They need to be able to prove they can effectively Trade, Hunt, Op, and Utility work. So that is 4 categories of course each will be weighed differently.

Now of course those are rough ideas. Kinda scaled them off of the Hall of Fame. So data would be pulled from Hall of Fame and put into effect. Of course no one is even close to Master but that is sort of the point to keep working towards it.

Not only will this promote more competition, but it will promote more teamwork and replay-ability which SMR needs.

A clean way to view your progression towards the next rank is by using that chart with.

Everything is rough drafts of course.. can tweak as needed. This is just something that would make the game more enjoyable for me. Would be extremely easy to set up too.
This is a beat, you just can't touch.....
Incognito
Quiet One

Re: Public User Ranks

Post by Incognito »

I like it. It really pulls from multiple aspects of the game.
I+N+C+O+G+N+I+T+O=Not you

I took a calculated risk. Unfortunately, I am bad at math.
jouldax
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by jouldax »

Hmm, we'd have to figure out the appropriate level cut-offs, but I really like the idea. I'd also like to tie this in with a public profile of some sort, so even if you change your name in-game, your player name for that particular game is tied in to one general account.
seldum
Beta Tester

Post by seldum »

Great idea no more hiding. Change ranking system however you want if it means no more hiding.
JettJackson
Fledgling Spam Artist

Post by JettJackson »

seldum wrote:Great idea no more hiding. Change ranking system however you want if it means no more hiding.

Yeah I don't understand the need to hide so many things on the Hall of Fame, good teams know what people are doing anyways.
Lead: Sesame Street, Rogue Squad

Co-Lead: Suckas, Black Sun Ascending, Wraith Squadron, Fool's Errend, Team Poker, The Phantom Order, Toxic #5

Member of: Team Pup and Suds, Nintendo Power, System Failure, Crusaders, new dawn, Cereal Killers, Armory, Armory V2, _-=`Perfection`=-_, The Guild, Ragnarok, Heimdall, United Rebels, ilLegitimate Basterds

I've seen and done it all
Freon22
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by Freon22 »

JettJackson wrote:
seldum wrote:Great idea no more hiding. Change ranking system however you want if it means no more hiding.

Yeah I don't understand the need to hide so many things on the Hall of Fame, good teams know what people are doing anyways.
I guess the same reason some of the players want to hide their names.
JettJackson
Fledgling Spam Artist

Post by JettJackson »

Freon22 wrote:
JettJackson wrote:

Let those people hide their names then, beyond that most people would like to see these stats as they are interesting to compare and contrast with others. No sense in hiding all of this.
Lead: Sesame Street, Rogue Squad

Co-Lead: Suckas, Black Sun Ascending, Wraith Squadron, Fool's Errend, Team Poker, The Phantom Order, Toxic #5

Member of: Team Pup and Suds, Nintendo Power, System Failure, Crusaders, new dawn, Cereal Killers, Armory, Armory V2, _-=`Perfection`=-_, The Guild, Ragnarok, Heimdall, United Rebels, ilLegitimate Basterds

I've seen and done it all
XDemonX
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by XDemonX »

Freon22 wrote:
JettJackson wrote:

Every game people always do that for fun.. Few weeks in everyone knows who they're. There is no reason to hide the ranks.
This is a beat, you just can't touch.....
Freon22
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by Freon22 »

XDemonX wrote:Every game people always do that for fun.. Few weeks in everyone knows who they're. There is no reason to hide the ranks.
Imagine that everything does do a full circle! In the beginning everyone was proud of their name and stats. Then it was hide my stats and hide my name I don't want anyone to know who I am. At least the few that post here now wants stats available.

Don't get me wrong I have always thought stats should be available to everyone. Not knowing who I was playing with or against was one of the reasons I stopped playing. When you take the social part out of the game it isn't as much fun and is easier to quit.

So anyway I agree with XDemonX as far as the point system, it sucks. But I do not agree with his system completely either.
A true master can't just login trade all day, logoff and do that day after day. They need to be able to prove they can effectively Trade, Hunt, Op, and Utility work.
So a hunter can not be just a master hunter, or a trader can not be a master trader? So if I do not want to go out and kill newbies I can never be a Master? The old way you could be a master by trading it was just harder and took longer. How are you going to record this? Exper, and Kills are easy to record. But Operations and Utility may be a little hard to record. I am guessing Utility would cover planet building, mining, refreshing forces. But Operations what will that cover? Ops? You need 10 thousand Operations points how many points will you get for going on an Op. Also how does the program know you are part of the Ops? Would it be that you have to be in sector when the planet or port pops? What will happen if you ran out of turns before the planet poped. Or would it be in sector on each trigger? If so couldn't this be abused by hitting planets early and low level ports. I could go on some more but that is enough for now and remember I said " I do not agree with his system completely". I do like the overall idea I just think it needs a little more thought.
jouldax
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by jouldax »

We could always have a "master" level for each category, and you can only obtain the "spooky" player title by becoming a master in all categories