Newbie Objectives

N.ator
Beginner Spam Artist

Newbie Objectives

Post by N.ator »

There has always been an idea such as this and i feel that it is time where the game progresses and finally creates this newbie objective list.

I am sure that some of you are aware with a game called "Astro Empires" , and if you look at there player base they are very successful and some of the reasons for all of there success is because of the whole Objectives concept.

Ideas
1. These objectives have to be basic instructions in doing something within the game. IE. scouting 10 sectors (once completed #1 is checked off)

After this the next objective will be something related to entering a port and buying goods, etc.
(i think you guys understand where i am going about this)

Basically we need some system where it SPECIFICALLY tells the player what to do, so when they first join they can be semi independent and play the game!

suggestions on this idea. i can come up with some more specific ideas, but i dont want to do work if i know it wont be codded in so Page, or someone, please send me a message.

N.ator
ImageImage
RCK
Beginner Spam Artist

Re: Newbie Objectives

Post by RCK »

Great idea, and this ties into the Tutorial idea that has come up more then once,

Though doing it in this manner maybe simpler... like you said things like exploring 10 sectors etc...
N.ator
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by N.ator »

RCK wrote:Great idea, and this ties into the Tutorial idea that has come up more then once,

Though doing it in this manner maybe simpler... like you said things like exploring 10 sectors etc...

yes exactly. if you emplement it directly into the game then they will do the tutorial instead of going to a 3rd party site.

if you look at any successful game (tribal wars, astro empires etc.) they all have a tutorial system. afterall the most important players are the new ones! and right now we have nothing for them!
ImageImage
SalvaNos
Quiet One

Post by SalvaNos »

I too remember talking about this on IRC a while back. If it's a set destination, then perhaps bring back the segregation of newbie and vet galaxies for this purpose until the tutorial piece is completed by the newbies and have the sectors explored in the tutorial be shown as explored when things are brought back to normal. This way, only the newbies will have the option of going through this, and if they want to they could skip this and head straight into the game without that added benefit.
Holti
Quiet One

Post by Holti »

I've suggested many of these ideas for a newbie practice game that I'd like to see run alongside the regular round (with newbies being allowed to play both the practice game and the regular round)
N.ator
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by N.ator »

What happens if we made a tutorial road that can be started anytime someone wants. When cmleted you earn money in real game. But can only be due once per account t get the money
ImageImage