CROSSROADS -- GP EDITION -- 5

News from the "Galactic Post" and "The Space Merchant Reporter" and "News Control"
LotuS
Beta Tester

CROSSROADS -- GP EDITION -- 5

Post by LotuS »

Crossroads Edition -- 5
Fortunes of War

While many these days are screaming out for peace the rest of us are sharpening our figurative swords. Face it, war is good for business. The simplest expression of this is the military payments one earns for killing an enemy race. But there are much better reasons too, take for example hunting traders, not only do you decrease an enemies exp, but make them get a new ship as well as earning all the cash they have on board. War also fuels the economy, with ships being blown into space dust, more ships are being purchased means more need to be made. Not to mention the many weapons that are being bought, as well as the various hardwares means that factories are hard at work. And when the factories are hard at work, there are more jobs, and they use more goods, which increases the demand, which makes trading more profitable. So of course we could try this peaceful co-existence thing out, but why?

The Fall of CoS?

Just one week ago, ~Carnival of Souls~ set off at a killer pace, racing to the top of the exp rankings. But lately things aren't looking so hot, daily they slip lower and lower in the rankings and some members have been seeking other membership opportunities. Is C.o.S. really doomed? Or is this just a temporary stall. Are those that prophesied their fall going to be proved right? At this early date nothing is certain, but it looks like it's only a matter of time until the end occurs.

A new beginning for an old alliance?

I had the opportunity of speaking with Lord_Sovereign the leader of the Armada of the Southern Cross and I had several questions to ask him. One of which was will the ASC be able to meet their old standards? He replied "We will try our hardest even though we haven't been able to make a big impact on the game we plan to get big enough to bring attention to us". Though the ASC was not well known last game they still made a small impact on the game with their sometimes-strange tactics towards planet and port raids. As far as I can tell from my talks with Lord_Sovereign he has big plans for the ASC. This reported wishes the best of luck to him and the Armada of the Southern Cross.

Crackdown

Federation has been cracking down on all narcotics and weapon sales in the last couple of months.... Ever since the U.G. became a space wide name the explosion of evil traders have sky rocketed...When the federation started to realize this, fines and more fines have been enforced with routine checks throughout ports. But this seemed to have little or no effect on the shipments. The word on the street is that the Federation has been planning some kind of operation or resistance against this new drug threat. Since no other method has had any influence on the sales. Many drug lords have hardly noticed these rumors. One dealer quoted "It aint that I'm too big to listen to the rumors, its just I'm to damn big to pay attention to them" This has been the attitude of many, that the U.G. is untouchable.... Are they right has the UG taken control of the trading world? Or does the Federation have a say in who really controls this universe.

Rumors Spread About Paralell Galaxies!!!

The parallel galaxy theory, first proposed by noted mad scientist I. M. Azool is now starting to regain credibility amongst traders that are finding it continually harder to trade goods. The theory states that parallel galaxies exist in which traders we can't see or hear can trade goods that exist in our own galaxies. The theory was promptly dismissed earlier because of Azool's known drinking problem, but is now gaining momentum given the scarcity of goods in the racial galaxies. When asked about the problem, trader Xerroz stated, "I've been sitting in ports and watching the goods disappear before my eyes! There can't be THAT many cloaked ships!" Trader Blum when asked what we should do if we came in contact with traders from another galaxy responded "Keeeeeeel them! Keeeeeeeeeeeeel them all!" Whatever is causing the lack of goods in the racial galaxies; it is definitely causing the local traders to become restless.

End of the Crusade?

At the end of the last game the trade alliance Crusaders finished in first place for exp (although only 14th for kills) and had 30 members. This game however they are currently ranked 14th exp-wise and have less than 2/3 of the players. When asked what happened to them, their leader stated that this was a "rebuilding" game for them, that some of their members were off in other alliances learning new things (spying?). Since their birth halfway through NG4 they have always put up decent trade figures, but we'll just have to see if they can pull it together this game or if the crusade really is finished.

Old footage from the humans...

A recent discovery in the sol sector uncovered old human video footage. The film, entitled "The Matrix: Reloaded", fortells the destruction of the human race through their technology. This was quite an amusing view on the terran culture as they were nowhere near to predicting their own demise. Today commemorates the destruction of the terran galaxy, sol, and the fall of "Earth", a "Class M" planet which was originally the human homeworld. A temporary cease fire is being discussed for this day of remembrance.
Ingenius, Armory Armory v2, Lords of the PingsSuckas, AoC, Green Skulls, DoW, Shadow, MoM, Xenocide, NE, ST, HA, PI, FI, Armada, DC, LoP, AS, Lom, MH, RC