GP Archive: PL Issue 1.1 (#5)

News from the "Galactic Post" and "The Space Merchant Reporter" and "News Control"
Itchnov
The Uber Noober

GP Archive: PL Issue 1.1 (#5)

Post by Itchnov »

This Weeks Speicals

This week, makers of The Edge are offering numerous specials. If you buy a Large One Topping Pizza for $8.99 you can get a medium to go with it for only 5 bucks. Thats right $5!!! We also have a large stuffed crust pizza for $10.99 and an additional $0.99 for each topping. Hurry to a pizza shop near you. These specials are only available while supplies last so don't be the last one in line.

Twinkle Twinkle Little Mine

With the Galactic SOS Net flooded by cries of help, many innocent citizens are now going without emergency care due to a massive overextension of Federal resources. The wave of calls are pouring in from traders getting hit by random mines sprinkling numerous galaxies. These nasty little buggers are triggered by your ships electromagnetic field, naturally drift towards anything their sensors detect. While they do little damage, the nuisance value is on some spacefarers "Top 10 Worst Things To Hit With Your Ship" list, directly above "Abandoned Biological Waste Tanks" yet below "Cosmic Elk." Galactic Fleet High Commander Uzt Nus had this to say about the smattering of loose explosives, "We are doing the best job we can about the mines, the sheer number of them is staggering and the public must take it upon themselves to lower the risk of accidental collisions. We advise that you turn down the microwave to its lowest setting." While the source of the mines is in dispute, they seem to be eminating from a region of the galaxy held captive by the Faded Image Alliance (FIA). Will Federal Fleets scramble or will the beauracratic inadequacies of the Federal System smother the galaxy with red tape?

Inter-Stellar Combat Heats Up

Keeping true to their pure evil reputation the Horsemen of the Apocalypse have already started the sensless killing of inocent traders. One of our insider agents has obtained this un-named source within HoA as saying"We feel that there is some un-finished business with a few of these alliances, and we will make our statement with our guns". Needless to say I'll be checking my scanners more closely. I have to wonder if the resurgance of TE or maby North Star, a newbie alliance, can supress this comming mahem. If past history is any indication, I fear we will all be doomed.

Fantasy Football: SMR League News

For those of you who didn't know, this NFL season a fantasy football league of SMR players was assembled and a hard fought battle ensued. When the dust settled after a 14 week regular season, the 4 teams that made the playoffs were run by SMR veterans Izzanods, Madd Matt, Inferno Death, and Trigek (These are their player names from last vet game, some may have changed). Led by Peyton Manning, Ladanian Tomlinson, and the NY Giants defense, Madd Matt has moved on to the SMR Bowl by defeating the number 1 seed Inferno's Flamers 104 - 71. In other action, the highest scoring team of the year, Izzys Goons, trounced Time Saver Cardio Fat Burner, owned by Trigek, 119 - 63 on the shoulders of Clinton Portis' 4 TDs against the Chiefs. (Trigek has 1 player to go, but the chances of Troy Brown burning that much fat are slim and none, and slim has done packed.) This means the SMR Bowl will feature former Celestial Mauraders alliance mates, Madd Mat and Izzanods. Both put on a good show in the first round, but this is the game that counts...for all the bragging rights!

Settling into the galaxy

As the game slows down into a steady pace we start to see how the players and alliances are settling down into life in the new galaxy. With galaxies scouted and planets teraformed we see how the early work of the alliances are paying off. Alliances scramble to raid ports and colonise planets in order to make a safe home for their precious war birds and traders alike. With people of all races and alliances spread out among the galaxies questions begin to arise. Who will lead the way to the first Level 70 Fortress? Will we see an abundance of mega trade routes to speed up the experience race between alliances? And also to these very questions themselves come more questions… Since the new galaxy formed it has become clear that not more then 10 ships will be able to viably fire at any one time to take down these planets and port so the question arises if we shall we see any level 70 planets fall to vicious but well co-ordinated attacks or will it be all too much.

Tabloids in Space

That's right folks, even in space the rumor mill exists and who else would dig up the dirt and pass around rumors then the tabloids. In coming editions of the GP we will see the rumors of SMR and the dirty secrets of our top well known traders and hunters, and get down deep to get the story. If there are rumors being passed around that you know about send us a letter care of Vtreka... player id (2) and we will track these rumors down.

Forces getting a mind of their own?

In a period lasting a little over 24 earth hours there has been a reported number of four deaths due to forces. It brings to question whether or not someone has finally made forces with a.I. ability or if traders have just gotten sloppy. This many deaths in this little amount of time calls in some serious question. This writer will be doing some more research on the matter to get to the bottom of it all. As soon as the information is obtained I will get it to you, the public. Until then...

Sorry

The Galactic Post is having some trouble with its systems which has caused the editor to be unable to edit articles. This means some articles may not be very good in spelling, grammar, content, ect. I am sorry but there is nothing that can be done until MrSpock or Azool, the creators of the computers used by the Galactic Post, make some bug fixes.[/b]