GP Archive: Phoenix Legacy 1.5

News from the "Galactic Post" and "The Space Merchant Reporter" and "News Control"
Cnh-

Post by Cnh- »

er oops I cant edit it lol

Rumours of SM!

Recently Johnathan Manton, original funder of SM has resurfaced. He posted on the webboard and asked if anyone wanted to see SM come back. Right away numerous players jumped at the offer, completly dismissing SMR as if it was nevermade. Even though there is no security in SM, and no guarantee to have coders as good or as dedicated as Mr.Spock or Azool, some players jumped at the chance to have it come back, blinded by their old memories. Though, some members stood by SMR and the two coders who are so greatly apreciated by most. Saying that they would rather keep SMR. Azool and Spock will be continuing with SMR dispite SM's possible return. Yesterday in Creators Hour, Azool anounced that Spocks university has decided to fund SMR with a new server. And that they are reworking the code, giving it a script run time of 0.0019!!!!! Sorry Manton, SM never had that kind of speed. This reporter and many other players all see the potential this game has, and with some hard work, some blood sweat and tears, (maybe not blood) SMR may one day surpass what SM use to be... - Written by GP writer K

SM..

While it is nice to see the many players standing by Spock and Azool and all the hard work they put in - as they deserve it - I have to say those players either never played SM or didn't play much of it. For those of us who did play a lot of SM, the chance to go back is like a miracle. Of course, not much is known yet, on how much support it could get.. but just the hope of having SM back makes me feel giddy. If we could get half of the great playerbase back from SM, the game could once again be wonderful. I guess only time will tell....

The Bust on The Edge

Today members of legendary aliance HOA tried to bust a planet owned by The Edge. The planet was said to be level 53 and very deadly. HOA could not get more then 8 players IS at more then one time, That resulted in a big pod and loss for HOA in the form of SM great Deke Fentle. DekeFentle (71) was killed while invading a planet in sector #2489. On the Ensuing shot another huge pod and loss. Bender (77) was killed while invading a planet in sector #2489. HOA eventualy had to retreat as they relized they could not take the massive planet. A crazed TE member was quoted as saying "[09:00] HAHAHAHAHA [09:00] From: DekeFentle (71) Date: 1/19/2003 2:57:35 PM [09:00] Your planet DESTROYED DekeFentle in sector 2489 [09:00] HAHAHAHAHAHA". HOA with half an inactive roster gave it their all and went in guns blazing, all though they did not succeed you have to hand it to HOA for trying. HOA managed to bust the planet down to lvl 50 it is said. And after the PB many more HOA had quit playing. Although there are very few HOA left playing, the 7 that have not given up yet are greatly respected and admired. Great player, hunter, and person Imhotep was quoted as saying this "Me and the other 6 actives in HOA will still try and defeat all the forces of evil in the game". While most Hoa turn tail and quit these few brave HOA remain. This reporters hat is off to those HOA who have not quit. -written by GP writer K