CROSSROADS -- GP EDITION -- 11

News from the "Galactic Post" and "The Space Merchant Reporter" and "News Control"
LotuS
Beta Tester

CROSSROADS -- GP EDITION -- 11

Post by LotuS »

Turmoil in Valheru

After a pair of back to back incursions made into the Valheru Galaxy by FtV and then Armada on Monday night, a large amount of real estate in the area has left local realtors scrambling to move the property. We contacted Thadius Rosencrantz, an agent who's been working in the area for some time now, who had the following to say: "We've been trying to move the property, but have been experiencing some difficulty finding interested traders. Valheru is Closely knit neighborhood, centered near commercial zoning. A number of fixer-upper properties. The market is open right now to any buyers willing to go in and claim their real estate. Your minimal initial investment could turn out a big payoff. I really don't see what's so undesirable about Valheru right now." Rosencrantz went on to add that Gateway Realtors, his agency, has opened the market to any prospective residents of the Valheru Galaxy. One thing is for sure, though. With the busting that went on Monday night, whoever inhabits the Valheru galaxy in the future is not likely to be left alone.

Vampires Dying in the Light

It seems that yet another alliance has begun the death spiral. FTV a top exp alliance for the last few games has started to break apart. After a last ditch op as well as being busted all within a short time frame has finally pushed the alliance over the edge. It seems that the alliance was made up of two factions, the traders and the fighters, and unlike in most alliances, balance was not found. Having a trader as leader was like the stake into the heart, the fighters had little or no direction, and when the ops were planned and lead by Candy, history shows that they usually ended in failure. While its too bad that this alliance that has been around for the last few games is dying, many upon reflection will say it was overdue, the sun came out and they dont have any shadows to hide in.

Getting Forces Too Dangerous? Nah

In this new game the Newbie game and the Veterans game are combined, Crossroads. Now must of you have probally noticed that all the combat accessory shops are in the Schattenreich Galaxy. So i decided to get some opinions from some people. Meathead was the first person I caught up to. Meathead said " I like the idea. It makes it a little more difficult to get them to planets, but they are still available and it doesn't give any one race an added advantage." After I found Maku Maku I asked him what he thought. " It is a good idea, because this way every player has to go to this neutral galaxy to get forces. Also because Schattenreich is the central galaxy of the whole game, it is much more easily accessable. Formerly if any one race galaxy had a combat accessory shop that race would suffer due to hunters hunt more often in that galaxy." Stranger had the same opinion as those two did " I think its a good idea. Now everyone is obliged to go to Schattenreich if he needs forces and strong alliances will have difficulties to control the galaxy with all that traffic." Well that was the opinion of those three, I will have more opinions next time.

Fear The Minors?

The fall of FTV has left many members scrambling for a place. An agreement between FTV and ME has merged the two into a so called "super alliance" other members of both FTV and ME that were unhappy with this have sought out other berths, one ex-ME member was heard to have said something along the lines of: I was kicked out cause they didnt want me in the super alliance and I dont want to join the secondary cause they suck" The question however still remains, is thisnew alliance an improvement for both alliances or will the new alliance fall into failure

Cereal Killers Enter Livstar

6/24/003 : 12 PM Galactic Standard Time: A Massive Fleet of 15 Warbirds and Hunting Ships from the Cereal Killer Alliance entered the galaxy of Livstar. Livstar, a planetary system occupied the former top syndicate, Black Sun Ascending, was quickly over-run. The mine-strewn galaxy was easily cleared, making way for roughly a dozen planets inhaled by the Cereal Killer juggernaut. 13 pods were handed out by the armada with no losses, further increasing the massacre Cereal Killers have dealt upon the galaxy. Smacks and Eklo, Eklo who is a candidate for president, destroyed the most ships in the ensuing action, annhilating 3 ships each before leaving. Frosted Flakes, the CK Crime Lord, was heard muttering "Bah, plz don't invite me to PB you again Half Elf! It's a waste of time" as he left the galaxy.

Alliance Killer?

What is it about this game that seems to push alliances to the breaking point? We've already seen CoS vanish, and TSG, although still around, isn't anywhere near the contender it was. Crusaders has all but vanished, FTV is dead and rumor has it that BH is next in line. Is there something special about this game that causes alliances to break apart? Maybe its the length of the game that is daunting to many? Or maybe the rigors of a vet environment is just too much for newbie alliances. Whatever the cause many have wondered who is next, will other alliances formed in the NG's fall as well, or maybe a vet alliance will be the next ones to fade. Like so many other things in this universe, only time will tell.
Ingenius, Armory Armory v2, Lords of the PingsSuckas, AoC, Green Skulls, DoW, Shadow, MoM, Xenocide, NE, ST, HA, PI, FI, Armada, DC, LoP, AS, Lom, MH, RC