Submitted Articles - Never Posted Batch 1

News from the "Galactic Post" and "The Space Merchant Reporter" and "News Control"
LotuS
Beta Tester

Submitted Articles - Never Posted Batch 1

Post by LotuS »

FIRST DEATH OF THE GAME!!!

This happens every game... And we see it in the news from the beggining to the end of the game... Over and over again... Some newbie player with a NMV, armed with a laser, trying to raid a port... This time it happened just two hours and 43 minutes (2:43:45 AM) after the game actually started... *MAYDAY* *MAYDAY* The port in sector 1720 is being attacked by members of Newbie helper. Immediate backup requested! And from this reckless attack resulted the first POD of this new game: Boylover (190) was killed while invading a port in sector #1720 And now what can a guy do in a POD with no money at all... trade with his 5 cargo holds?!?!?! Maybe we should think of some kinda way to warn them that they shouldn't do that, or try to prevent it... I dont know, it seems kinda unfair to ruin an entire game because of a newbie error...

Déjà Vu

Did you ever get the feeling that you’re doing something all over again? Well, you better, because we just did, and you will again. Confused? Me too, but let me explain: Contrary to the idea of most, the universe is not infinite. Trust me, I was at the end of it. Still confused? Then stop thinking and let me finish. We all know of that fossil’s equation E=mc2, and that energy cannot be created or destroyed. Okay so far? Like on a spring or pendulum, there should be some point at which all energy (a finite amount) in the universe is kinetic, and that is where the velocity of all celestial bodies is the speed of light, creating an infinite virtual mass. We’ve all suffered through the mandatory hypermathematics and quantum relativity courses at Thevian High, so I won’t bore you with the details. It turns out that the finite amount of energy is located not only at the end of time (which is where most people think the universe ends), but also at the end of space. The end of space is designated by a big brick wall, of fine craftmanship. Yes, that’s right, there is a brick wall at the end of space. This leads me to conclude that the third dimension of space is also the time dimension (since universal volume depends on time). Back to the point I strayed to from the point: I was commissioned to find the end of space (formerly infinity, now a brick wall), and found it at the same time the universe reached the point of total kinetic energy and infinite virtual mass (good timing, eh?), which is precisely the amount of mass that is critical to the universe’s expansion. The universe contracted. In contracting, the volume of the universe decreased, and since time is the third space dimension, it was politely asked to contract (or reverse, if you will) as well. “What happened to me?” I might ask, which I did. While everyone else proceeded to have time and two space dimensions in the negative direction, I then had two space dimensions in the negative direction and a time dimension in the positive direction. Translation: time reversed on me while I was out putzing around. While you live forward in time, I live backward (and vise versa). In many respects, I am the Merlin of the cosmos – the Cosmerlin if you will, and even if you won’t. THE REAL POINT: If time infinitely oscillates to no point (much like this article until now) due to the increase and decrease of virtual mass, then what is the purpose of it all? To be cliché, what is the meaning of life? We have just started over, so to what end do we continue to buy and sell meaningless goods, build and destroy planets, etc.? I really couldn’t fire a Human Space Shotgun in the vicinity a guesstimate, but I bet the answer is beyond that bloody brick wall! If you tend to be more accurate than me with firearms, let me know what you think is behind the brick wall (or if you have other questions you’d like addressed) by messaging me, the Cosmerlin, via trans-galactic electrosynthetic communiqué at hemberger@nni.com

Going All To Peaces

The newest rage on the political scene, from where many sit, seems to be great peace. The relations are slowly creeping up, with the most stark vote being from the Humans, suggesting a peace with the Creonti, the vote now standing 17/1! The Post is sending interview requests to the presidents of both races, asking for their opinions on foreign policy. We here at the Post will keep you updated with all the latest news. -Leonidas

Being Number One

Being in the number one alliance is an honour to every trader, but is being the number one alliance really that important? I think it is great fun being the best, but being in the Crusaders i would say that! The Crusaders have been top alliance for the last two games, some alliances such as the Omega Reg. argue that this great alliance won because all the members were traders. Hunting traders is a great sport, im sure you'll all agree, but that isnt going to get you the same experience as trading! Keep up the good work all you alliances out there that long to be the best. Flame

A Separate Peace

Now, while many races are becoming quite peaceful, a few are sparking their own little wars. The WQ humans have begun to fight hard against any and all of their enemies, while pirates of all races are already beginning to prowl the galaxies, in search of unwary traders. The trend seems peace, but some peaces will be icier than others, and many more will most assuredly fall before too long. -Leonidas

Game Notes

With the new game all accounts were deleted, so anyone who wishes to become a vet player again please contact a admin in chat. All vet status does is make it so you are in a vet racials not newbie and this will not allow you to fire on newbie players nor see them. Everyones account is still ranked as newbies even if you are changed to vet. Thank you ~Admin team

All In All A Good Week

Well the first few days in our new universe and already the big hitters are beginning to be seen and the great trader Meathead has already leapt ahead of the locals to become the most experienced man in our little realm. This coupled with the return of organizations such as "Fear the Vampires" and "Communist Armada" reestablishing themselves as a record pace Podding has begun with people running out of newbie turns the blood bath that this game was before will begin again and may the good times roll.

Racial Death

Imagine it! There you are in some backwards sector, carefully minding your own business making a few repairs or perhaps giving your crew some much needed rest and recreation when bam, out of the big black comes death screaming at you at lightspeed, you scramble your crew to fight for your very lives. Suddenly your comms officer screams "its a pirate, and one of our species" In disgust you load your torpedoes and let loose your first salvo, in the resulting chaos of photon beams and attack ship explosions the pirates run. You give chase but they are well versed in survival when the tide turns against them. This reporter eagerly awaits the councils response to this tragedy, these idiots could at least attack those we are already at war with and then they would be heroes instead of pirates Know this our memories are long and the alliance will hunt you down if you turn against your own

PODS INC WILL RETURN

Two games ago pods inc. ruled the game. But because of moving on to vet games and people going to other alliances the gang broke up. But rumor has it that they are to rise from the ashes and reclaim their throne as the #1 alliance in the game once again.

Studies Show...

Recent studies have shown that X does not mark the spot. Researchers from the Livstar Galaxy have just completeed a ten yaer project researching wether or not X truly makrs "the spot." "We assumed the spot was some sort of good thing," says researcher James Kilroy, "we then checked wether and X marked it." After ten years of research,. mankind has moved another step forward in their quest for the answer to life.

Experience Race, Part II

Meathead is also planning to take the lead, in an exclusive interview the Meathead and an undisclosed location, Meathead said he is determined to take the lead, and he will do anything to take the lead. He says he has a suprise waiting for smor, as soon as he can find his location. The race has continued, withe smor breaching the 40,000 mark, and he is planning to keep the lead.

Why Play?

Recently most of the racial galaxies and also some of the others have been rapidly filling up with traders, fighters, explorers, and of course Newbies. While this may not yet contain an imminent danger to many of the higher ranking officers, but to the lower placed players, it's kill or be killed. With the best routes taken by the greatest players no one wants to try to mess with them, I mean having a couple people after you for just messing with one just makes it hard for one to survive in this dangerous universe. As for the other safer and easier routes, well let's just say their clogged with all the other players. So what is one to do?? The alliances don't help either, mostly because one race is always in war with the other 6. That makes the chances of non aggresive teamates pretty slim. Having logged out for 2 hours and coming back to a pod does seem to discourage those with light of heart. That bieng said, I have seen many newbies come in and never get past level 5 before they quit, and there's no shortage in those numbers as they might find out by going to the Rankings. It shows how common the numbers of 0 experience plague the game. Even though the great number of players that leave and go without a thought, a sliim number makes it through those grueling levels to finally succeed and say that no one really wants to mess with them. And to those people I say, no matter how competitive it seemed at times, how difficult it was to go on, or how many times you wished to quit you strived forward. Why?? Because its a fun complex game that suddenly becomes simple. Or is it the great hours you spend just to reach a certain point to become happy? Or, is it the great competition you play with those around you. I would think the answer would differ between the players you ask. So why do you play?? -GoldenMercury-

Ainulindalë My Ass

Whoa. I was reading this article in the second most recent exlcluding this one article of the GP and i came across the article "Ainulindalë," a message of piece to the destroyers of all and their leaders. A mere uneducated attempt into not getting pod ist seems on my end. How can we coexist without blowing each other up? Diplomacy is a tool used by the powerful that leads the weak into thinking they are making a choice. You cannot truly decide something using "diplomacy." All diplomatic neogtiations are one sided, the one with the biggest gun being in charge, Alliances cannot solve problems by talking, neither can races. That is all. Hope someone somewhere gives you something logical taht is worth thinking about.

Fear them...

Fear the Vampires!!!! They have taken first rank and are slowly invading galaxies. Are they a peacful alliance or the scourge of the universe? The Vampires have returned! Watch your necks, wear garlic, and keep in at night... No one is safe, the alliance wars have begun. Keep your ships in tip top condition or you could end up alone in the cold darkness of space.

It's the end of the universe!

Tests of an emergency universal destruction transmission have disturbed traders everywhere. Who is broadcasting these messages? Why are they broadcasting these messages? Where have all the stars gone? All traders are advised to keep shields at full power as the galactic status is yellow-orange.

Melinda : Bonker Dumped Me For a Male Goat.

Bonk as we all know, grew up in a small country near England on old earth, also known as Wales. It seems it was accustomed young males would experience the mystery of sex with their beloved sheeps. Lately, 1 of our brave reporters came back from a sheep therapy on a distant planet, with amazing report. Apparently while "playing" with the sheep he stambled into Melinda, which was Bonk old SheepFriend, and she had an unheard story to tell. While they were on a vacation 10 years ago, Bonk met a young goat named John. He immediately fell in love with him. Whatever Impact John has on Bonk, Bonk is no longer intrested in sheeps. Thats a very bad news for 43,563,267,981 sheeps all over the known universe.
Ingenius, Armory Armory v2, Lords of the PingsSuckas, AoC, Green Skulls, DoW, Shadow, MoM, Xenocide, NE, ST, HA, PI, FI, Armada, DC, LoP, AS, Lom, MH, RC
LotuS
Beta Tester

Post by LotuS »

Authors:

FIRST DEATH OF THE GAME!!! written by Volrath
Déjà Vu written by Travdan!
Going All To Peaces written by Leonidas
Being Number One written by Flame
A Separate Peace written by Leonidas
Game Notes written by Zeek
All In All A Good Week written by Voracer
Racial Death written by Dread
PODS INC WILL RETURN written by Truth_be_thy_destroyer
Studies Show... written by ~jenkl~
Experience Race, Part II written by skylark
Why Play? written by GoldenMercury
Ainulindalë My Ass written by ~jenkl~
Fear them... written by Crusader
It's the end of the universe! written by Crusader
Melinda : Bonker Dumped Me For a Male Goat. written by Eklo
Ingenius, Armory Armory v2, Lords of the PingsSuckas, AoC, Green Skulls, DoW, Shadow, MoM, Xenocide, NE, ST, HA, PI, FI, Armada, DC, LoP, AS, Lom, MH, RC