Submitted Articles - Never Posted Batch 2

News from the "Galactic Post" and "The Space Merchant Reporter" and "News Control"
LotuS
Beta Tester

Submitted Articles - Never Posted Batch 2

Post by LotuS »

Another Pointless Artcile About an Alliance Has Recently Been Printed!

Reportrs have said taht yet another useless article about an alliance has been printed. Last issue (Galactic Post 5) containted an article about CoS. Concerns have been flying about that the Galactic Post might have to rename too "The Galactic Uselss Infomration About Alliances Post." Many reporters poose this as the acronym "GUIAAP" is just damn too long, while everyone else hates it because it is such a stupid name. Galactic Movies has even thought about making the "useless information about an alliance article" the centre of their next big movie. A protest next Tuesday in Livstar is being advertised by "Mothers Against Uselss Infomation About Alliances Articles."

Let loose the dogs of war

I was on route to a space station only to look out into the distant void of space, to find a human attacking a fellow human's vessel. Now this puzzled me because later, after leaving the space station i saw an Ik'thorne destroying a Human ship. Now why were the humans fighting each other when they could of both converged on the Ik'thorne and destroyed him. I say it is time to end petty squabbling, disputes over trade routes, and to let loose the dogs of war! Join in arms with your brothers and fight against the opposing tyrant, who rules his people with an iron fist. Never has an all out war been even thought of let alone waged. I leave you, in your supiriors shadows, offering you the one chance to destroy a whole race. Yes Genocide.

VOTING

Written by: Ritz Probably no the best idae to purt my name on this thing but who cares. How would you guys like a faster better game. Dont tell me you people don't want somthing like that. There is two ways donate money to the admin or vote. WE need some voting for this game if you voted in the past vote again vote until we are number on I say again vote til we are number on. Comon say it with me we are number one we are nuber on we are number one good now keep thinkin that while you are playin this game.

The Crimson Wolves -- Unstoppable?

The Crimson Wolves have been gaining strength since the beginning and are becoming more and more of a nuisance to many traders, especially in the Salvene galaxy. Strong traders have been hit time and time again by nasty mines, and spied on by scouts. As far as this reporter can see, the Crimson Wolves are on a roll, and it would seem that they have yet to reach the top of the hill.

Drinking bars

Written by: Ritz Did you ever go to one of the bars in our small galaxy and you bought a drink. Well i bought about 20 drinks and it said you have to go to the bathroom. I slipped and fell and when i woke up i was missin 30,000 credits. that was my life savins right there. Man if this game let me i would have blown that bar sky high a real firball. O yeah on more thing if you run into "MARTINS DISCO BAR" dont go in becuse the first thing that guy does is take your money.

EARTH.......THE........TRUE.........STORY

written by Ritz Today archeologist have found the remains of an old earth documentary. It was found among the remains of the great planet as well as a few other discoveries. My sources inform me that among the debris that there was found true information about what caused the explosions which ripped apart the human homeworld. Further evidence points that it was a fight between the human race and the nijerians. The Nijerian counsel refuses to comment, pointing out it was the humans who brought the war on themselves. The human retalieted with a ferocius attack upon the Nijerian trade ships. Also among the debris was and old nuke with the power to destroy a galaxy. These are dark days indeed.

WebBoard forgotten by many!

Note to editor: is this kind of material acceptable? I am not sure if it is or not... //////////////////////////////////////////////////// When is the last time you visitied the WebBoard? It seems many of us have swept it under the carpet, like dust. The handful of us that visit the WebBoard regualarly know that it is a superb resource for strategies and wasting time when one is waiting for turns. Why not drop by the WebBoard and fill your mind with juicy knowledge.

Who Killed The Coyote?

Alright, as many of you have noticed the locations site has vanished leaving a void. Many are scrambling trying to track down the writen notes they had and sorting threw garbages and hoping those files weren't deleted so they will have some sense of direction. Many others feel a great sense of loss, like a part of them has been ripped away leaving a terrible empty void that they seek to fill by wandering aimlessly around. Utter choas is sure to follow if something doesn't replace it soon, it will be like trying to navigate the interstate system without a map

Ships for sale

What is the best ship. For your chance to have your name appearing in the Galatic Post, send a message to Ryhmes with purple, telling us the best ship that you have found, as well as its stats and what species it belongs to.

Smor, a hunted man?

Yesterday when this eager reporter visited a local bar in the WQ system he stumbled upon a number of advanced hunting crafts, the owners appeared to be some tired and very frustrated hunters. curious as always i approached them and asked what brought them here. They told me the reason for their frustration. It appeared that they had been hunting Smor, but he had outrun them in a Thief and they lost him when he entered a banking sector, none of them however were willing to tell where they hunted him though, however they swore to me that the last of this hunt werent over and they had him once and would have him again... will that then be the end of Smor as the #1 trader in the universe? will these hunters help Meathead claim his title back? and who are paying for all these hunting ships? is it true that some high ranking traders have hired hunters to take competitors out of the race? this reporter will look into it all the unconfirmed rumors....

Overrun Ports Lose

If you havent already noticed, ports across the galaxy are being not attacked so much, but rather over run with way too many traders. I mean c'mon people, kill the weaklings, and THEN youll be able to see the meat on the bone, whatever that means. LOL. Anyways, yeah....................-X-

Smor isnt afraid of Hunters!

in a quick interview Smor confirmed the rumors about him being hunted is true, however ´Smor is quoted: "noone ever decloacked me so i was prety safe. my alliance helped me when ever i needed help", it appears the current #1 trader is safe unless some hunters find a way to decloak him...

What Happened to Zero Hour Faction

In the previous game ZHF runned by Dynip was a fairly good alliance now in this game it ended up with seven players, Dynip wanted them all to be thevian most of the privious alliance didn't join suddenly the alliance fell four members left two of them started The Rouge Element with now eighteen players Xerroz and Detania are teaching newbies how to play which is a good influence to other newbies Well Done Xerroz and Detania for this alliance.

The Underground Found

The enemy underground has been located by the Federation. It is located in sector 3431 and is currently being investigated by Federal officials. There is soon to be a large crackdown on all evil traders, just as a warning. The underground better be on their gaurd, and watch out for anyone snooping aroun their sector. Again, it is in sector 3431, and the federation can use any help they can get.

Hunters

If you look at the alliances alot say they are in the trading phase. Now for people who want to hunt there is an alliance that you might want to join. The alliance is The Gray Death Legion. That alliance is pretty good. The leadership is great and the people are at an OK level. If you are interested in joining contact Lord Ghostbear. Also money makers are needed to support the hunters so if you want to make money for them, contact Lord Ghostbear.

A Poor Little Boy

This article is about one little boy. The little boys name is pete7489 and he has no alliance. Now pete is really sad since he cant get an alliance. Every alliance he asks turns him down. So if you want to help a poor little boy please recruit him.

Alliance Friendship Betrayal

By: =|= Elven Shadow =|= When any two given alliances decide to become friends, and enter in union, they make an inter-galactic statement. After weeks of friendship, a rouge from one of the alliances strikes out on the other. Jihad (holy war) has begun. This happens usually when one alliance is significantly weaker (in experience points) than the other. The mass bloodshed (podding!) that this causes, is not pleasant for anyone to watch. So in future, don’t break your alliances’ unions.

Another entry into the history of SMR

Well, following up on some articles over the past few weeks it seems that some people's hopes have been fulfilled, some people's dreams have been crushed, and the majority... just get another lesson to learn about how not to command and drive an alliance. Manton is now squarely under the tight fist of the Beer Alliance, although time will tell how long they keep hold of it. After such a strong defeat, and with many in the alliance voicing dissatisfaction with the quality of leadership in CoS, Mario and Exodus have quit, Exodus moving on to create his own alliance, White Lights, which he says will rise like a phoenix out of the CoS's ashes under his leadership. The fault, though many lay it all on Mario's shoulders, is to be shared by all in the alliance, and then just some luck. To take some away from Mario, Carnival of Souls had really been on the slippery road to extinction since the beginning when some of the current strongest players ditched CoS for more established alliances looking to take on new talent. Throughout the beginning it seemed a lot of the alliance members were there just for their own good, with the most important asset, Manton, being left to one or two players with one or two financial backers and the rest of the alliance sitting back, saving up money on their own and complaining about things that they should have been contributing to. The recruiting strategy may also be to blame, being fairly lax and open to just about anyone with a bit of experience at the start. Two members were kicked out on a tip that they were about to steal everything the alliance had, and many others who had been in the alliance and had inside information proceeded to hunt down CoS members and planets. But as an enemy is vanquished, an opportunity squandered all those in CoS can take heart in the fact that there are many ports out there to trade with, many newbs left to kill, and many alliances willing to give someone a chance.
Ingenius, Armory Armory v2, Lords of the PingsSuckas, AoC, Green Skulls, DoW, Shadow, MoM, Xenocide, NE, ST, HA, PI, FI, Armada, DC, LoP, AS, Lom, MH, RC
LotuS
Beta Tester

Post by LotuS »

Authors:

Another Pointless Artcile About an Alliance Has Recently Been Printed! written by ~jenkl~
Let loose the dogs of war written by ryhmes with purple
VOTING written by ritz
The Crimson Wolves -- Unstoppable? written by Elven Shadow
Drinking bars written by ritz
EARTH.......THE........TRUE.........STORY written by ritz
WebBoard forgotten by many! written by Elven Shadow
Who Killed The Coyote? written by OmegaRenegade
Ships for sale written by ryhmes with purple
Smor, a hunted man? written by Felix
Overrun Ports Lose written by Ecks
Smor isnt afraid of Hunters! written by Felix
What Happened to Zero Hour Faction written by Danny
The Underground Found written by skylark
Hunters written by Lord Ghostbear
A Poor Little Boy written by Lord Ghostbear
Alliance Friendship Betrayal written by Elven Shadow
Another entry into the history of SMR written by Arokoth
Ingenius, Armory Armory v2, Lords of the PingsSuckas, AoC, Green Skulls, DoW, Shadow, MoM, Xenocide, NE, ST, HA, PI, FI, Armada, DC, LoP, AS, Lom, MH, RC