CROSSROADS -- GP EDITION -- 13

News from the "Galactic Post" and "The Space Merchant Reporter" and "News Control"
LotuS
Beta Tester

CROSSROADS -- GP EDITION -- 13

Post by LotuS »

Future Alliance in Brewing

Rumours have latly been heard of the new cult appletly named "The Cult Of Uranus" Springing up across the galaxy. So far it has yet to be known who is behind this consipring cult but rumour has it that already they are seaping into the racial and goverment communites, and gaining power and infulence. There is also rumour going around that the Cult uses secret abalities to transform matter, and that there power is derived from a long destroyed planet that was destroyed in the human galactic wars of 2134. Perhaps it is as this reporter has stated that this may be just a rumour started by some random anarchist, but this reporter is not so sure.

A guide... for alliance leaders?

Well as everyone has noticed, and about which much has been written, many alliances during this 'Crossroads' have fallen and crumbled, often in response to what seems to be a common issue- leadership, or more to the point, lack thereof. Leaders being too strict... too lax, too n00bish, or simply too stupid; the list goes on. Some Alliances have risen from thin air and then dissapeared as quickly as they came, some more established alliances have finished their reign by quietly disbanding as one by one the members gave up all hope of fixing the internal issues. So the question has to be asked... why is it that so many leaders fall short of their clan members' expectations? And then, in order to answer this, what exactly is it that we expect in a leader? What does indeed, make the ideal leader? So, I'm looking to all of you SMR-players to help me in my quest for knowledge. Are all SMR's in the end a bunch of democracts? Autocrats? Do we like having power hungry dictators at the helm? I would then like each of you to contact me with your own ideas and stories- ways in which you feel your Leader has impressed you, dissapointed you, and how you think a leader should behave. Of course some of you may have bad things to say about current leaders, so naturally, all quotes will be taken from anonymous sources- all names will be changed, unless you request otherwise. Thank you for your co-operation and I look forward to writing up the results of this investigation before the end of CrossRoads.

Armada Succeeds in Defense Again

In a poorly executed attempt, the alliances The Deliverance and Lords of Melnibone formed a temporary alliance, Smash and Grab, which turned into smashed and burned when their attack on Armada failed earlier today. The initial strike looked promising as the interlopers cut into the huge Armada minefields , cycling quickly and covering ground fast. Before long they had claimed a local UNO as their own and turned their attention towards planets. The nearby planet Hoth was singled out as the first victim , and the agressors circled round. After the dust had settled Hoth had fallen - a barren and uninhabited planet on the fringe - it never stood much chance of holding out. When asked about this event it's up-till-then owner Felix commented - "It's a rock, no indigenous life." The intrepid interlopers then turned their attention to the planet "Trespassers Will Be Shot" after a few minutes of waffling around on what planet they would aim for next. The planet lived up to its name though, taking out Honkey McGee, Raymzter, and Sterling before the interlopers decided that it would be best to tuck tail and retreat back to safety. Sadly to say, Wyrd and qwerty didn't reach safety quick enough and they were both sent back to their respective HQs with a box of Nariis's homemade fudge included with their pods. Once the smoke cleared, Armada quickly rearmed their defenses, once again proving that Armada is not an alliance to be trifled with.
Ingenius, Armory Armory v2, Lords of the PingsSuckas, AoC, Green Skulls, DoW, Shadow, MoM, Xenocide, NE, ST, HA, PI, FI, Armada, DC, LoP, AS, Lom, MH, RC