CROSSROADS -- GP EDITION -- 14

News from the "Galactic Post" and "The Space Merchant Reporter" and "News Control"
LotuS
Beta Tester

CROSSROADS -- GP EDITION -- 14

Post by LotuS »

To the major allainces

This is a fun game for Armada and The honorable society, because they play the game the way it is suppose to be by building planets, trading, hunting, then planet busting. I have no disrespect for the alliances of Minor Eclipse, and Cereal Killers but flat out I do not believe they are alliances. I have many friends in both alliance this has nothing to do with personal attacks just alliances. These groups of people are not even alliances they are no more then a bunch of thugs(wanna be's) they should be stricken from the alliance charts and alliance kills because alliances are a group of people which share assets and the biggest asset is planets and they don’t even have the balls to try and own/ keep planets from the beginning. I know ME has come along way since the start so I really don’t blame them, but CK is/was to chicken to even try and they being the of the top "alliances" should have tried to own planets. All they do is hide in federal space no chance for the alliances to fight back against them. This game is a give and take game you go blow some planets up, the other alliance tries and come back and do it to you, that is what makes this game fun not some alliance hiding in fed. I also know TD does own too many planets I know they are trying but they also just skipped the process of building planets, many TD say the game is not fun anymore well why is not it because you don’t play it the same way you once did. Bottom line to the alliances listed above GROW some balls and come to play next game. ~Prince Valiant PS: lets all push for no war birds in FED so that next game CK have be chicken and hide in fed.

Cash-Strapped Feds Curse Bounty-system

In their latest Quarterly Liquidity Statement, the Federal Mint slammed civil servants in racial governments for their loose administration of the bounty-system. The Mint coffers have reached an all-time low and it's this situation that Fed officials blames on local governments. In recent weeks local officials have been competing to offer ever higher bounties on a number of high-profile members of the Underground. These civil servants - the Fed insinuates in their report - did this to further their own careers by "acting tough on crime". Recent combat activities has however led to the deaths of some of the most notorious criminals by the hands of the THS alliance. Thus the alliance has in recent days been claiming bounties in excess of a quarter of a billion credits, causing the current liquidity meltdown. Fed officials insists that the current bounty-system cannot continue unchanged - though the THS alliance maintains the fairness of the bounties, in light of the costs incurred while bringing the bandits to justice. Meanwhile - for a time - the space lanes are once more safe to travel ...

ME proves again why they are indeed THE BEST alliance.

It was a quiet Friday morning in SMR, not much was happening. If you pressed onto your slick "CPL" button you noticed that there were 9!!! ME online and ready.... what were thy planning? I talked to an Armada member aka Naked Circus Midget. " I think they are going to clear 4 sectors of Armada's mine field you better watch out, here they come" Well, its sad to say that the Naked one was mistaken, ME decide to PR in Ik galaxy, after a bunch of low level PRing, ME lost a guy to a level 4 port.... Not to be harsh but a Level 4 port isn't what I would call tough by any means. So if ME isn't the best then who is? I guess we'll have to let time tell us the answer :) Until next time ~I'm but a Ghost, you can't see me or feel me until you are dead.

Is The End Near?

This is a question that has popped in the heads of many recently. The SMR community has so far fell short of the new server they wish for... When the game went down for a short period recently, it shocked many players and forced them to see the reality that the game they love so much could be in serious jeopardy. As MrSpock and the rest of the admin team desperately ask for donations, some SMR players still turn their back. Has the thought of not logging in and wrecking havoc hit their mind yet? Or has the well of Money just fallen short with the recent job shortages and cut backs being made. SMR is in trouble, and now is the time to realize it. As our valiant game maker quotes " Don't ask what the game can do for you, ask instead what you can do for the game. People of SMR, we ask you to donate to SMR. (If u can't use PayPal for any reason contact Nariis. Either use the Contact Form in game or through IRC chat) The fate of SMR may Depend on you. Donate today!

Target: Armada, part 1

The Deliverance, Lords of Melnibone, and The Honorable Society joined forces once again to form the temporary alliance known as Smash 'n' Grab. Their target? What else? Armada. Uther Doul and his alliance were unconcerned though as SnB came pouring through the warp, destroying forces and deploying through part of the galaxy. In fact, Nariis and Mad Martha didn't even pause in their debate over music and discussion as to which CDs they should swap as SnB attacked the port right above their heads. However, once Uther Doul grew tired of the racket, he ordered everyone in their ships and to launch. Nine SnB took the fast track back to their respective Fed HQs as the Armada planet builders showed what they were made of, walking away with the majority of the kills.

Target: Armada, part 2

Smash 'n' Grab rallied together to launch a second attack on Armada, proving to be slightly more successful this time, though not totally succeeding as hoped for. Armada once again jumped them in sector, issued them out another twelve pods, but ended up taking ten pods themselves. Final pod count: 24 pods to SnB, 10 pods to Armada.
Ingenius, Armory Armory v2, Lords of the PingsSuckas, AoC, Green Skulls, DoW, Shadow, MoM, Xenocide, NE, ST, HA, PI, FI, Armada, DC, LoP, AS, Lom, MH, RC