News Control First Edition

News from the "Galactic Post" and "The Space Merchant Reporter" and "News Control"
Rosebud
Quiet One

News Control First Edition

Post by Rosebud »

News Control – The paper your mom buys

Viral Outbreak Afflicts Community

It’s that time of the year when the Garboxian flu runs its course throughout the galaxy infecting billions and killing millions. This year the strain seems to have taken on a much deadlier form than years past. Apparently the Garboxian DNA has yet again mutated, this time with the ability to dissolve the inside organs of the Nijarin and Salvene. It would appear that this comes as a curse and a blessing. In years past, as I’m sure everyone recalls, the Garboxian flu has hit every race strong, but this year can ONLY affect the Salvene and Nijarin. True, it is much deadlier for these races but it doesn’t affect anyone else. While casualties are expected to be high, it is not thought that they will be anywhere close to the numbers in years past.

- Randy Ron

Loose Lips Sink Ships

While in a bar the other day I met a fine young Ik’Thorne going by the name of Rosenkreuz who seemed to have his liver swimming more comfortably than an Oranian Tropical King fish. I was interested in whether or not information could be solicited from the drunkard. I as talked to the drunk, who soon asked me to call him “THOR” for some odd reason, he seemed to warm up to me and bought me a few drinks. While inquiring further about his personal life I soon dove into questions about the alliance he was part of, Death Control. At first he was a little reluctant to tell anything but soon I had the information coming out of him like no other. Now personally I don’t have a problem with writing down the information he told me but I would much rather wait to publish the information in the next issue as this is some pretty nice information and I’m on the rocks with the editor… If I don’t have anything to write next time I get fired and I really want to keep my job. That’s why everything you want to hear about Death Control will be published in the next issue of News Control.

- Zan Clork

Personals

I’ll be your personals writer for our newly formed paper. As we are new and unheard of before this first edition we only received one personals ad. Since we are trying to flourish if any reader would like to have a FREE personals ad published, please leave a private message with Rosebud.

Sterling: I am an outgoing type of person who loves long walks on the Ik’Thorne moon beach. I also enjoy fine wine and women. Right now I’m not looking for anything serious but someone who would rather have some fun while they still can.

Letter from the Editor

It’s your old friend from that OTHER news source, Death Knoll. As you can see I have taken on the job of forming News Control, which promises to be an interesting journey. Sure, this job doesn’t pay much or anything actually, nor will it probably have the reading base of my previous employer but it does promise more writing privileges for me and a few others. Many of my articles I wrote in the past were not published but instead thrown away merely for the colors of the alliance I bear. I, along with other writers who have also been discriminated, have formed this news source now known as News Control. We are not here to bash our competitor, but merely offer an alternative with a crisp, clean attitude to writing. At the time being we are using our own time and money to support this paper hoping to get an official backing by some charity group. At the time our writing staff is full but if you’d like to submit an article to be published please leave Rosebud a personal message and he will relay the information to me. I can not promise anything but if we have room you might get a spot.

Thank you and enjoy,
Death Knoll
z-money
Quiet One

Post by z-money »

the flu virus doesnt have DNA, just thought you might want to know. it has RNA. unless it's some weird outer space type of flu.
~slowember~

Post by ~slowember~ »

You took a perfactly good story and brought reality crashing down. DNA or RNA doesn't matter it's the contents that count although you are technically right :P
I am the beginning and the end!
Blum
Chat Troll

Post by Blum »

Who are you to tell Garboxian flu that it can't have DNA?
~slowember~

Post by ~slowember~ »

I don't care what it has I just know I don't want it :lol:
I am the beginning and the end!
Rosebud
Quiet One

Post by Rosebud »

Blum wrote:Who are you to tell Garboxian flu that it can't have DNA?
gald someone got the point ;)
B.O.B. - Rosebud is one of craziest cool drunks I know.
Shesmu
Quiet One

Post by Shesmu »

z-money wrote:the flu virus doesnt have DNA, just thought you might want to know. it has RNA. unless it's some weird outer space type of flu.
doh - that's exactly what it is :lol:
--
A word from our sponsor: NEW ISSUE OF NEWS CONTROL !
http://smrcnn.smrealms.de/viewtopic.php?t=3412
NEWS CONTROL - 24/7 Independent SMR News