News Control - Fourth Issue

News from the "Galactic Post" and "The Space Merchant Reporter" and "News Control"
Rosebud
Quiet One

News Control - Fourth Issue

Post by Rosebud »

News Control – The paper that the GP wishes it could be (GP under question)

Letters to the Editor

Editor’s note: The views expressed in no way represent those of the paper, its editor, or the sponsors of this paper. It is with this in mind that we publish these letters.

To the Editor:
You’re doing an awesome job with the paper. I just wanted to say you guys are doing a nice job with the paper and I hope to see more issues out soon. W00T W00T!

-excited and hoping

News Control encourages responses from its readers. Send your letters to Rosebud with a topic of “letter to the editor.” Please keep shorter than 150 words for it to be published.

DC and DoW – Hounding the Dogs

Early in the week a DC fleet went into DoW’s home galaxy with the objective of capturing themselves a level 70 planet. During the bust, many DC birds became victim to the destruction of the planet’s Combat Drones. Well prepared for this type of abuse, the DC pods quickly turned into top racials and reappeared to further bring down the beast of a planet. Once the planet neared the fall of its shields DoW was able to amass its own fleet of 10 birds and cut off some of the unoing DC fleet. DoW made quick the demise of these few ships and prepared for the oncoming DC fleet that was left inside the galaxy. The DC birds still inside the galaxy, wounded due to the last planet attack, quickly reorganized and made ready to attack DoW. This was to be the battle of the Dogs of War versus DC’s hounds of hell. 12 semi-wounded DC hounds gathered at the warp and scanned ahead to the Dogs. Seeing that DoW was mining the warp DC knew it had to strike fast and that it did. Before DoW could make any more mine runs the ships of DC raced through the warp and pummeled the Dogs down. Now with DoW having 10 new pods the newbie stocking ensued. Finding it pointless to keep shooting a planet that was being restocked by protected ships, DC decided to go home. When reached for comment on how the operation went Rosenkreuz simply replied, “No, we didn’t take the planet. However, we didn’t have to since the cream came to us.” With that he winked and walked away.

- Zummer Fielder

Sector 7G in Your Sector

Recently S7G had come under the verbal attack of many of the community saying how they were nothing but fedded traders who couldn’t work together. This was soon proven wrong by the members of S7G who attacked a lvl 70 planet. While unsuccessful at the operation in respects to obtaining the planet, they did manage to pull off something greater. The proof that they could come together as a single unit to mount an operation. Will this be the new trend of S7G or was this a one time thing? Only time will tell but I sure hope there is more to come.

-Velma Violence

DoW’s GP Propaganda Tool

Immediately after the fight between DC and DoW the GP amazingly printed an article about the day’s event. It was reported by the Galactic Post that DoW was outnumbered 2 to 1 but News Control begs to differ. Data sent to us here, including a picture of the event with every ship from both sides, CONFIRMS a 12 to 10 fight. This leads us here to believe DoW is using the GP as a propaganda utensil ONCE AGAIN against several alliances. Not only has DC found itself as the victim of this propaganda this round, but Sector 7G has as well. But why are S7G and DC only being the ones attacked by DoW’s propaganda tool? I did a little research on the matter by inquiring to the head of the GP a few weeks ago. I was slammed down with no real responses. It was then I looked at where DoW stood against S7G and DC. I won’t say the reason is jealousy but lets look at the facts. Both S7G and DC are ahead of DoW in kills and in exp. You can come to your own conclusions but both S7G and DC are against this blatant abuse of power.

-Tiny Tony Timmy

Rant of the Day

You know what ticks me off? Ship insurance. That’s right, ship insurance ticks me off. You want to know why? Because you pay all this money and if you don’t have proof of insurance you have to pay more money from a ticket. Here is my suggestion to the Federation. Make ship insurance a government run business. That is step one, which actually solves nothing until you realize that the Federation should then perform all charges through the cost of gasoline. That’s right, make gasoline more expensive by having insurance charges. This solves LOTS of problems. You get in an accident and asked if you pay insurance… HELL YES you pay insurance, you bought the gas to drive didn’t you? Next is money. Insurance killing you then don’t drive as much. No more flat rates, insurance now depends on how much you drive. The more you drive, the more risk, the more money it costs. Makes sense to me.

- Nardsworth Stevens III

Classifieds

Doctors in Ziavudd
Recent outbreaks of violence in this formerly quiet galaxy have boosted up the demand for doctors. Quite frankly we don’t care if you are just thinking about becoming a med student. Get your rear out here and help. LARGE PAY is offered as many of the wounded are top traders.

WRITERS!!!!
News Control is looking for writers. If you are feeling that the GP isn’t providing the right type of news then here is your chance to show how it should be done. Apply to Rosebud today and he will get you the information you need.

SMR Anonymous
Looking for help with your addiction to the game? The first step is acceptance. Please join your fellow addicts and help yourself by admitting your addiction. Come to #smr, we can help.

Personals

Remember folks, for now the personals are free. Just send a private message to Rosebud with the topic of “personal” and we’ll get you in here for the next issue, but please keep them to 75 words or less. Run time for a personal is two issues so you’ll have to resubmit every second issue.

Vtreka: I’m an Ik’Thorne with an exotic taste, if you know what I mean. I am looking for VERY discrete relationship from an exciting and kinky Creonti. Please respond only between 4 and 6 in the morning. If a female voice answers HANG UP!

Sterling: I am an outgoing type of person who loves long walks on the Ik’Thorne moon beach. I also enjoy fine wine and women. Right now I’m not looking for anything serious but someone who would rather have some fun while they still can.

Rosenkreuz What can I say about myself? I like bras and panties, that is for sure. For you humans ladies I guess my best correlation I could make is that I am similar in features to your black males… athletic *wink wink*

- Personals

Crossword Puzzle

Cancelled until further notice…

Letter From the Editor

Death Knoll here. News Control is back up and should be running on a more regular schedule now that we are all back from our respective holidays. Well, except for those lazy Thevians who have that forty day whatever it is they do. I have to admit that this isn’t our best edition and I’m sorry for that. Time constraints have put us at a disadvantage this round but I promise to make this paper the best one out there. And on that note I would like to say that News Control will be taking on the GP in a vicious battle. Quite frankly we’re tired of its use as a propaganda machine and we feel that this should be stopped. That is why if you want to complain about the GP feel free to write your letter to Rosebud and we will start to post responses from our readers about it. BRING IT GP!!!!!

Thank you and enjoy,
Death Knoll