Awakening - GP Archive: Evolving Vengeance

News from the "Galactic Post" and "The Space Merchant Reporter" and "News Control"
Harry Krishna
Beta Test Team Leader

Awakening - GP Archive: Evolving Vengeance

Post by Harry Krishna »

Newbie Alliance Attacks Port!

The Federal Port Authority has reported an attack on one of its ports. The port, which is located in sector 2767of the Qirekin galaxy, was rated a level 9 by the FPA.
Witnesses at the port say they saw a single ship approach the shielded bulkheads of the port and open fire. "I could see his shield disperser guns flashing from the port lounge," said one stunned observer. "I looked for more ships, but I think it was only him."

When he saw the ship approach and fire on the port, portmaster Abento Xanamar signalled a call of MAYDAY to all available defenders. At the same moment, the 10 port turrets returned fire and the 1000 combat drones launched to attack. The single ship was instantly destroyed.

The pilot, identified as barg the big (343), was a member of the Human Newbie alliance. As the ship's hull collapsed, and its escape pod flew barg the big off on his big journey back to Human HQ, a dock worker at the port shook his head sadly and commented, "Next time, buy a Mothership if you wanna port raid alone. And bring some friends if you're going to take on a level 9 port."

Experts on port defenses estimate that it would take at least one ship per port level to successfully attack a port. Given the lawless nature of the galaxies and the feeble influence the Federation authories have on such events, port raids like this (and even more successful ones) are bound to continue.

The State of Scanner Technology is SAD!!

What kind of universe do we live in, anyway?
Men and women fly around the galaxies in all kinds of spiffed up tin cans, shooting EM Flux Cannons and every sort of souped up weapon at eachother, but the best scanner you can buy doesn't tell you squat.

I'm talking technology here. I bought a top of the line W-3452 series ScanMaster at the local hardware shop and installed it into my InterStellar Trader. When I fired the little baby up and fine-tuned it, the best it could do was a blurry readout. 140 enemy ships? 320 enemy forces? It's like watching crosstown traffic on Vega9 using CreoFizz-bottle glasses. I mean c'mon!! It's time the Federal authorities put a little money into R&D on this.

Pilots unite!!! Write your council members, bribe your alliance leaders, yank out your scanners and throw them out into the space lanes in protest! We want decent scanners and we want them now!!!

Return of the Elves

Everyone remembers the Elves of old. Constantly flexing their muscles and making themselves heard. Not many remember how they ended. Their systematic raiding and furious battling brought on the attention of the great alliances such as Dogs of War, Death Control, Choose Your Poison, and Black Sun Ascending.
Caught in the middle of a furious battle that shook the universe, the Elves retreated. Their traders were finally caught on the planets and ran fleeing into the woods at the arrival of the Death Control Assault Team. A quickly as they came, they disappeared into the forest.

Now under the leadership of Deathsite, the Elves have come out of hiding. Quickly establishing themselves in the top 10 of experience (and deaths). They are poised to make a run at the top 5 alliances at the first sign of weakness.

Vacation

The time has come to say : "Real-life aint far away"
Some have to go, some have to blow.
Vacation...aint it sad?
Missing a few players is so bad.
So make the best of it,
So the other teammates can fit in.
I find it sad for the people who are left behind.
For the fuller routes they probably find.
Maybe it's better this way.

People on vacation.
Because the routes are much more fuller,
And school is such more duller.

~Apollo

Tales of the Bar Fly

Today I found myself in bar that had seen better days, days when stars and high rollers alike were as plenty as the beer nuts on the tables. This bar was none other than the Galactic Parrot Lounge. At one point in this bar's fine life you could be sure to see a famous actor or two. Rose N Kreuz, famous Ikky/human half-breed decendant of the human star Tom Cruise, would stop by at least five times a week if for nothing more than to say hello.
The Galactic Parrot Lounge wasn't just a place for the famous but the infamous as well. Underground members such as Alan Cope, Gums Baron, and Jill Hind Goren were frequents as well. As I sat down trying to take in all of the history that lived in this place I saw a familiar face belonging to that of Rose N Kreuz. Walking over towards, him I asked if he minded me sitting and chatting. Being ever pleasant he told me to go right ahead.

Sitting with the legend himself I ordered us a round of beer and a tequila shot to start the conversation off. Mr. Kreuz asked me not to print our conversation but instead he'd just like to sit there, drink, and talk with me. I didn't object. So there we were for six or so hours, just drinking and talking. It was quite pleasant actually. 3 tequila shots, 2 whiskey shots, a few martinis, a couple of gin and tonics, and 8 rounds of beer later I found myself ready to call it a night just as Mr. Kreuz did.

We parted ways at the table after a firm handshake and the formal goodbyes of hoping to see each other some time later. As I left the Galactic Parrot Lounge I now felt a connection to the past I hadn't felt before...but also a huge buzz. So to Mr Kreuz: here is to better times, better women, and of course better booze. -Durnk Dryver
Remove this article from Evolving Vengeance

Need a New Career? Be an ICF

Would you like to be loved by women? Admired by men? Want to work in a highly competitive, safe, and lucrative job environment? If so, then keep looking! We at Dumbar and Associats are looking for that special highly self motivated individual to train in the exciting field of Inhabital Celestial Fabrication or ICF.
At Dunbar and Associates Instructional Institution you will be schooled in the science of wood construction, food distribution, and mineralogy. You will learn the latest in machine and computer technology. You will be taught the fine art of haggling for goods, buying a low cost ship and even evasive flying techniques in case of an extremely rare celestial body dispute.

Courses include Federal Protection Ordinances, Care and Distribution of Weapons, Shields 101, Basic Combat Accessories 110, Deadend-or-Planet Parking Theories, Sleep Avoidance, and many more.

Don't wait or foolishly ask someone about ICF, start your new satisfying and self rewarding career now. With locations conveniently located universe-wide why delay? Start your new career in ICF now by calling this almost toll free number: 1.88E53.6W54.23g56.34234 ext. 759.

Operators are standing by 34 hours a day, why wait, Call now!

The Order Brings Chaos to DC Space

There have been several attacks on the Taurus and Sagitta galaxies, reportedly home to the Death Control alliance. The attackers have been identified as members of The Order alliance. Few details are known about the attacks themselves, but the accounts coming out of those galaxies say the attacks were brutal in nature, and witnesses speak of swift fleets of warships smashing thru planetary defenses with deft skill.
On at least two occasions in recent days, as many as 15 warships bearing The Order insignia were sighted entering DC space in the Taurus galaxy. The attacks lasted for nearly an hour and when the TO ships returned to their own homeworlds, they left between two and six battered planets behind.

Political observers have rarely seen this kind of attack waged on the veteran DC alliance, known for it's own brand of swift and well-organized attacks. But one savvy pundit spoke out recently, "I have studied Death Control for many years, and they do not give up. Given time, they will certainly even the score."

One thing is for certain, however, and that is the war between these two alliances has only begun. And the Galactic Post will be there to bring you as accurate and up to date information as possible on these events as they unfold.
that which pods you makes you stronger