Librium - GP Archive: Raiders Digest

News from the "Galactic Post" and "The Space Merchant Reporter" and "News Control"
Harry Krishna
Beta Test Team Leader

Librium - GP Archive: Raiders Digest

Post by Harry Krishna »

Pilots Cautioned to Observe Proper Warp Transit Protocol

Officials from the Intergalactic Transit Authority issued a public saftey notice in a recent news release. It seems there have been numerous protests coming from certain trading alliances regarding the warp turn-toll that the Federation has imposed. The ITA has warp beacon surveillance video showing that on several occaisions there is "mooning" going on by pilots. The identity of the "mooners" is unknown and no cartels were mentioned specifically. Rumor in the taverns has it that they are "The Black Hand" and the "The Grey Death Legion" but this may be just the normal rumour mongering.
The ITA press release stated that "mooning" is extremely hazardous, since it involves the display of certain posterior parts of the anatomy during that time of transit when the warp point becomes translucent and reflects whatever light is available. This often produces a "noticable white streak, somewhat like a comet" was one dazed witnesses description. Others find it to be in rather poor taste altogether.

The hazards that are involved however can be serious and officials caution warp travellers who feel the urge to show their displeasure in this way. When passing through the warp point, the temperatures are close to absolute zero, but rise incredibly fast as the energy generated takes the ship through it's gravitational anomaly. This could lead to the potential of "flash freezing" and then "flash burning" of one's... exposed areas, which in turn could impact the pilot's ability to manuever their ship properly. The ITA is strongly reccomending that this practice come to and end as it may be hazardous to the cargo as well.

This is Twice Daley reporting, from the Alskant/Creonti warp point.

Space Lonely-Hearts Club

The perils of cross-galaxy communication were again highlighted today when Masterblaster destroyed a pilot who was busy using his com-link.
Veteran pilot Animal was shoved into a pod as Masterblaster crept up in sector #1530 and destroyed the trader's ship in a few well placed shots.

Initial reports indicate that Animal was online with U-Date, the service for lonely space pilots. Reports indicate that Animal’s alliance, ‘The Hollow’ may be lacking in female pilots thus causing pent up loneliness among the alliance’s male pilots. Unfortunately for Animal, it looks like this loneliness was his downfall.

Federal authorities caution pilots that they should only engage in long distance communication when they are under the protection of federal beacons or safely parked behind the thick skin of a high level planet.

Tribute to ~The Shadow Guild~

A long time ago, around NG5, this writer was in a small alliance, complety newbie and foreign to this kind of game. I remember when I said "...mmmm RAID, what that could be?." Like most of you I never read the manual, so I figured out by myself how to die and avoid dying. I remember I was about to quit the game because I was left behind enemy lines like 2 or 3 times in a row by the same "leader", then my best SMR friend Dave told me about an alliance with cool people and with 25 members in the roster.
That alliance was ~The Shadow Guild~, aka TSG ruled by ~Shadow~. Yes!!! this article is about an alliance that taught me that life could suck but if you want to have fun and find FRIENDS, they will be always there :).

I would like to say THANKS to ~Shadow~ who taught me almost everything and never left me behind enemy lines, not even once. How many others could say that about their leader?.

We learned a lot of things together and spent tons of hours training new players. Some of you reading this passed through TSG, and some were formed into it like this writer. Now seems to be that it's time to "keep going" and try new things, but you all know that ~The Shadow Guild~ was one of the finest alliances, that respected everyone, playing without cheating and fighting with the resources it had.

So I would like to say THANKS again to those guys who were part of something really good and especially to you ~Shadow~ cause you taught me how to have fun.
~Storm

Password Maps Slips from Top Ten

One of the oldest and most respected alliances has fallen from sixth place to twelfth in the rankings, and political analysts say this may spell trouble for the longtime alliance.
Password Maps is well known for its skill in mapping, scouting, and its open policy of sharing the information that it gains. But recent days have seen its membership decline, and with few traders coming on board to replace those leaving, it's only a matter of time before the end. One member who left PWM recently for a more active alliance complained, "All they do is map and share maps...It was boring. So I left for a much better alliance."

Still some are hopeful that the alliance can regain its stature and return to the glory days of old. "I remember my days in Password Maps," recalls one former member who declined to be named. "All the scouting, the adventure of exploring new territory, the comraderie of it. You wouldn't believe some of the laughs we had in chat. Good times. I really hope they can find a way to keep going."

It is unknown what Password Maps intends to do to slow its rapid nosedive. The Galactic Post left several messages but was unable to contact the leader of Password:Maps for this story.
that which pods you makes you stronger