Librium - GP Archive: Fleet Fighters Quarterly

News from the "Galactic Post" and "The Space Merchant Reporter" and "News Control"
Harry Krishna
Beta Test Team Leader

Librium - GP Archive: Fleet Fighters Quarterly

Post by Harry Krishna »

DW and Frost are Chillin in CF

After a number of confrontations with their alliance mates in Virus, master killers DeathWing and Frost have joined Chill Factor. Sources inside Virus say that at the beginning of the game everything was fine and dandy and DW and Frost were having a grand ol' time. Then later, Frost requested a Death Cruiser ship, but with only 9k experience, team Virus refused to give him one. For not having his way, Frost left Virus. Two Virus members died that day to his planet defenses and mines.
The next day, Frost said he wanted back in, so Virus voted and gave him another chance. Insiders say it was a little shaky at first but he was back in!! or was he......

Later Virus had a OP going on, when Frost and DeathWing started complaining about an issue going on between the alliance and got all cocky...then left alliance. In Virus' rage they podded DW and Frost.

No where to go, DW and Frost turned to Chill Factor for help. CF took them in under their wing after they had betrayed Virus. Is this the end? Will they acutally stay in CF for the rest of the game or will they get mad at CF also and leave?....So far, so good!!

Port Attacks are on the Rise

Over the past week, the Federation has seen a rise in the number of attacks on ports. Local residents and traders want it to stop, and are working with law enforcement officials to protect them. Some are calling for smaller alliances in the Librium galaxies to team up against some of the stronger alliances who are responsible for the attacks. So far there have been few alliances willing to do so.
Reporting from sector 190 this ...oppps cant tell ya.... signing off.

The CBD Saved my Life

The following is an unsolicited and unpaid testimonial for the Creonti "Big Daddy" Torpedo.
Hi, my name's Jimbo and I just want to say that if it wasn't for the Creonti "Big Daddy", I'd be riding a pod right now. You see, I was making use of my jump drive thru the Doriath galaxy, on my way to Thevian space to meet my sister Lulabelle and her husband Jake and see my cousin Iselda and her new baby Kronk. Suddenly, I landed in one of the biggest clusters of mines I've ever had the chance to see up close. My little Interstellar Trader ship was all shook up. But I made it through safely thanks to the firepower of the two CBDs on board my ship. They chewed up most of the mines coming at me and I got to my sister's house in time for the mince-meat pies.

Thanks, Creonti Munitions Corporation for getting me home safe!

Haiku Corner

Thump! against my shields
Distant, delicate the sound
Approaching thunder.

Fragile Innocence
All that rises must converge
Spinning slowly down

Top Alliances Busted

A federal sting operation led by the famous crime-buster Elliot Armchair Ness recently nabbed leaders from three of the top alliances. According to charges lodged in federal court, alliance leaders Jester of The Hollow, Hadeslady of The Hollow, Kuwl of Virus, and Harry Krishna of Crusaders were arrested and booked on charges of using cruel and unusual means against port employees to extort huge sums of cash from port vaults. The accused were released on 250 million fed credits bail pending their appearance in federal court.
This comes as a shock to many in the Librium universe. But others weren't so surprised. An angry crowd gathered outside the main federal courthouse calling for justice to be served. One Omar resident in the crowd was very vocal. "Harry Krishna is to blame. I bet he put the others up to this, even. He has been nothing but trouble ever since he came to Omar and started letting his unruly Crusaders run around like hooligans. And ladies of the evening on every corner! Mark my words, Krishna is going down!"

A federal court panel is expected to rule shortly on the fate of the alliance leaders. If found guilty and sentenced, they would do time in the Doriath Minefield Prison for their crimes.

Grus is Hollowed Out by Crusaders

The Grus galaxy was rocked by violence once again when a fleet of 10 Crusaders ships launched a surprise attack on The Hollow, breaching their defenses and storming their planets.
A small fleet of four ships belonging to The Hollow were destroyed as they sat at the warp between Grus and Valheru. The Crusaders, led by the intrepid and terrible RandyOrsolo, then set about clearing the minefields in the area and converging over the level 30 planet in sector 3215. After a series of devastating attacks on the planetary defenses, and the Crusaders losing one battle cruiser in the process, the planet's shields fell and a fleet of a dozen The Hollow ships launched into orbit to defend their busted planet.

The Crusaders fleet fell back, but not before losing 2 slow ships to the defenders' guns. Regrouping in the adjacent sector, the Crusaders then attacked the defending fleet and destroyed them all in a single run.

What followed was a series of planet attacks, the likes of which are rarely seen. The Crusaders brutally laid waste to the entire area and seven more planets fell to their terrifying onslaught. According to sources in Grus, the planets were all rated in the mid 20s. Witnesses fleeing the area say there was nothing left to go back to after the Crusaders were through.

Ships losses for The Hollow were high, totalled at sixteen. The Crusaders reportedly lost three ships in the attacks. This sort of brutality seems in keeping with recent rumors about the Crusaders decadence and lack of honor. Visitors in the area are cautioned to approach with extreme care.
that which pods you makes you stronger