Librium - GP Archive: Port Raiders Bi-Annual

News from the "Galactic Post" and "The Space Merchant Reporter" and "News Control"
Harry Krishna
Beta Test Team Leader

Librium - GP Archive: Port Raiders Bi-Annual

Post by Harry Krishna »

One Player's Opinion: New Formed Alliances

I would like to talk and say thanks to those new pilots that joined smr this game, and specially to some vets that created alliances and recruited them.
We all know that forming a good smr player takes time, patience and lot of effort, but seems to be that some vets took the challenge.

I'm really happy to see that alliances like Whitfield, Merc for Hire, and Willowstrance are active and having fun. Though sometimes they are shot down too often, they stand up and keep going again and again and again, THAT'S SOMETHING SOME VETS FORGOT !!!!

But as we all know every vet was newbie once, and those who are old smr players should think about this new wave of newbie players. When we were newbies we didn't have such agressive players with really fast connections, neither this kind of alliances that are 100% more accurate, and competitive. All this makes life harder to new alliances so I take off my hat to them cause they are showing us that no matter how, when or who...they keep playing and keep having fun with smr. Learning and making friends like always.

From Creonti Space an old newbie salutes u guys !!! Keep going you are the new generation.

New Alliance Gets Back to the Roots

Alliances today are all work and no play. Trade for cash and spend it, all in a useless effort to take and keep planets. Finally, two brothers banded together with Crusaders to form a new sister alliance, The Crew (TC).
The Crew will get back to the roots of the game. The first rule is that you must have fun and respect your team, if you dont, you're booted. Though the alliance is small now, it shows great promise. Already, The Crew is ranked #11 in the alliance rankings. Analysts expect that this alliance will breaking into the top 10 very soon.

Currently they are looking for more players. Veterans and not so experienced players are welcome. Anyone who just wants to get back to the fun of the game, be they traders or fighters, should contact The Crew leader Vober.

Chill Factor Frozen

At the creation of the new universe, traders saw 5 possible super powers: Crusaders, Virus, The Hollow, Legitmate Bussinessmen, and Chill Factor. All of these alliances quickly established a homebase, and got ready for the massive wars to commence. All except one that is... It seems that Chill Factor (CF) was never able to set up a home base. As time went on, morale decreased, and now there is talk about the alliance falling into nothingness.
The future of CF is unclear, but the fact is that right now, big players seem to be leaving, and the alliance rank is falling. Political analysts continue to watch these developments closely.

Port Raids Continue as the Federation Stagnates

Reports of port raids are coming in daily from nearly every galaxy, at a maximum so far of nearly 35 raids in 24 galactic days period of time. The tradelanes are buzzing with news and gossip about possible raids on nearly every level being attacked some of them more than once!
In one incident apparently the pilot was booted from the local bar and took out his rage on the nearby port. According to police reports, a shop owner emerged with a rude sign and waving a firearm at the pilot shortly after the ports defence systems went down. But the pilot saw them coming, jumped back in his ship and took out the rest of their aggressions and the safety shield in the general area which sucked the shop owner out into space and vaporized sections of the non-defended port once again.

Officials warn that shop owners really should be prepared for flyby shootings, especially if you are going to emerge with rude petition signs and bearing firearms! And it should be noted that a handheld firearm may not be quite as effective as the ship weapons mounted on most ships. But besides issuing futile warnings, it appears that Federal authorities are doing very little to hunt these criminals down.

Four days in the Doriath Minefield Prison

This interview of recently released criminal Harry Krishna was conducted by Twice Daley......
TD: So how was your incarceration?
HK: It was brutal, no booze, no drugs and the only thing the common room holograph would televise was the Animal Planet Channel Special, "When Nijarin Space Hounds Attack!"
TD: Do you have any regrets?
HK: For what?
TD: Ummmmm..... well you know, the brutality at the PR... well.... you know?
HK: Ohhh that..... well I don't care to elaborate on whether there were liberties taken with the staff at the port *wink* but we settled those accounts and let's just say we'll move on from here.
TD: and what about this, um ... "colorful" reputation that you have acquired and the way that you... ahem.. supposedly run your *cough* "alliance" (wanted to use "gang of thieves", but my literary license only goes so far)
HK: Hey, it's a free galaxy isn't it? If you don't like it, you can leave...for a nominal fee of course.....
TD: and your future plans are or rather what does the future hold for you and your Crusaders comrades?
HK: Death. We all die in the end. If you don't take the time to enjoy life, you might end up missing it.......
This has been Twice Daley, Reporting from Thevian HQ.

Newbie Perspectives: Mines Suck

Plebian trader Flying_Gypsy held a news conference in front of the Nijarin racial HQ. A crowd of people gathered around where he stood on the steps of the capitol to listen to his words. "Hey citizens of Librium, I'm new to the game and thought I'd give you a picture of what the game is like in the mind of a newbie...
First of all, and A-number one: mines suck

My ship was destroyed by mines the other day, and I'd just run outta newbie turns... I think you shouldn't be destroyed by mines if you don't have any..."

A smatter of applause broke out as he finished speaking, and the newbie trader descended the steps and made his way to the docking hangar where his new Interstellar Trader lay berthed.

Pod Collectors Face Pod Replacement Blues

Federal Pod Authorities have noticed that even though there is a dramatic increase in pod replacements, some veteran players refuse to swap their old pods in for new pods. Many of them are keeping them for souvenirs and memorabilia. The Galactic Post asked around to get reactions from folks in the shipping lanes. "Pretty soon even the Vets will have to replace their old pods no matter what! The new Fed rulings will force them to!", according to Pod Agent Pok Marked.
Federal Pod Authorities spokeswoman Ilka Scrapps explains. "We are cracking down on some of these pods that are so dinged up that they won't pass inspection! If they don't pass inspection they won't be installed in the owner's new ship. One pod we found had been refurbished with so much Bondoo pod putty that the pod was more putty than original pod plating!"

According to Pod Shop Owner / Operator Kublai: "I don't mind fixing these old pods... I'll give the old one back to the owner but they have to have their own storage facility for it... Some of these pilots just don't want to give up their memories you know! And then there are some pilots who can remember nearly every scratch, ding, and dent in their pod and which pilot put it there."

The Virus Threat

For some time now the Librium universe has been dominated by one major force known to most simply as: The Virus Threat. Dispite this threat, many alliances think that there is not much to worry about with the Virus.
One anonymous alliance leader was quoted saying, "Really they just have a few hunters and mostly traders, nothing great."

Based on this information, alliances are now focusing on the Virus stronghold, trying to someday bust one of their planets and let it pop, yeilding its denizens of traders just waiting to defend their rock and be killed. Will this day come, or will we remain forever under the shadow of The Virus Threat?
that which pods you makes you stronger