The Strip - GP Archive: Snake Eyes

News from the "Galactic Post" and "The Space Merchant Reporter" and "News Control"
Harry Krishna
Beta Test Team Leader

The Strip - GP Archive: Snake Eyes

Post by Harry Krishna »

Overdose Deaths in Creonti Sector Cause Alarm

Galactic Rueters-
In the last week Creonti teens have been falling vicim to a new form of stimulant. This previously unidentified narcotic has claimed a number of unsuspecting partygoers when their head explodes. Numerous bars and taverns in the area are worried.

Creonti authorities are blaming the sudden influx on Thevian drug traders, but lack any solid evidence. "We are sure this drug is manufactured in grow houses on the Thevian home world and trafficed here for a big profit." claims Fudwrecker a respected member of the Creonti council.

The Creonti Government is considering levying a bounty on all Thevian drug traders and are increasing the frequency of Federation contraband searches in and around the Creonti home world.

Reincarnation: a Buddhist View

On an interview with an old hermit in the middle of nowhere, I decided with all the pods flying around that this old fart had seen a lot of devestation. So I stopped to inquire about what had been going on. I think the guy has problems, because this is all I got out: "F.ff.f..for an al.l.ll..liance called Rei.i.i.i..incarnation, th.t.they sure k.k.k..kill a lot of peop.p.ple."

I asked him what he meant by this, and he went into detail about how after Reincarnation podded so many for apparently no reason, their reasoning was that maybe they'll be more lucky in the next life. I guess that's all in where your beliefs lie. Until next time...

The People Demand a Recount!

Some of you may or may not remember a few weeks ago when you were asked to vote for either Frost or Denial in a popularity contest - creatively titled, "The Presidential Election". Frost won the vote, but some have stated that it may have been an unfair vote because Denial was not in SMR at the time and therefore could not rally up any voters.
Well, the people have spoken. Since a recount will accomplish nothing, the election would have to be done all over again.

Will Frost, with his enormous ego backing him, accept the challenge from Denial, the people's person? Is Frost's ego really as big as he thinks, causing him to accept the challenge? Or is he afraid to lose arguably what is not his?

It appears that this has become more than just a popular vote, but a heated rivalry. This rivalry should make not only for a good Election, but a good battle between E.P.I.C. and Nintendo Strikes Back. Listen around for what is going to go down. EPIC vs NSB, Frost vs Denial - who will claim the glory?

Ship Insurance Rates Skyrocket

Insurance rates have shot to an all new high as the number of ships being destroyed continues to climb at an alarming rate. Many insurance brokers refuse to offer insurance rates on anything but heavily defended trade vessels such as the Planetary Super Freighter or the Alskant Trade Master.
Traders all over are complaining about the prices, and some traders can't get insurance period. Protesters rallied recently outside of their respective Government HQ and petition for a cap on insurance rates.

"There is really nothing that we can do," says Federal Commisioner Yak K'urshinia, "Most insurance is offered privately and we would be over stepping our bounds to set a cap, we are looking at funding a Federally Owned Insurance Policy, but it will not be ready for anytime in the near future and will have many stipulations." What will come of the current galactic insurance situation? Only time will tell in The Strip. -- GPW #4.

What is E.P.I.C.?

The halls of inter-galactic commerce have been awash with speculation about the meaning of the alliance acronymically named E.P.I.C. So the Galactic Post sent it's reporters out into the trade lanes to chase up some answers.

Evil Psychotic Insecure Criminals
Entirely Pathetic and Ineffective Crybabies
Escape Pod In-Coming
Escape Pods Incurred Constantly
Egomaniacal Psychotic Insane Clowns
Easy Pinko Indiana Commies
Eject Pod If Confronted

Galactic Post readers are encouraged to send in their ideas on what this enigmatic alliance could stand for.

**MAYDAY*MAYDAY**

Distress calls flashed on the communication screens of anyone within a 2 galaxy radius of the Rozenkreuz galaxy last night. Members of the top ranked Reincarnation alliance rallied together to raid 4 separate ports during the night.

The war party began by attacking 2262 located in Rosen and finished with 1858 in Monte Carlo. Whether the attacks were purely for looting purposes or they are building trade routes is a question still up in the air. I tried to contact a few Reincarnation members rumoured to have been a part of the attacking party, but they offered no comment. -- GPW #4
that which pods you makes you stronger