The Strip - GP Archive: Pocket Bullets

News from the "Galactic Post" and "The Space Merchant Reporter" and "News Control"
Harry Krishna
Beta Test Team Leader

The Strip - GP Archive: Pocket Bullets

Post by Harry Krishna »

SMR2

Report have been coming in that a new parallel universe is starting to be discovered. These reports are very scarce, but from what we at the GP can gather there is a group of about 10-15 traders currently exploring this universe. The GP was fortunate enough to catch one of these explorers, who will remain nameless for his/her safety.

GP: So you have been exploring this new universe, correct?
Trader: Yes, it is....very intersting to say the least.
GP: What can you tell about what you have seen and discovered so far?
Trader: Well, each trader is confined to certain aspects of the universe. If I told you much they would surely know who I am. Also due to the drastic changes in this universe we have not yet been able to get our ships around and moving. We are currently working on this and expect full power by the end of the week. Everything we have seen has been through great distances so what I know is scarce.
GP: So there is nothing you can tell us useful?
Trader: Well....okay. We have seen some...things...moving around. They apeear to be incredably small so we can't get a good look at them. But we believe they may be races just like ours. We expect them to be fairly different however...since it is a parallel universe many things would be the same...but 1 event can cause anything to be different.
GP: Anything else?
Trader: Not at this time...im sorry. I have probably already said too much. I will try to send some more information as it become available...but I am not sure how long I can manage to do so.

This is all we could get out of the trader. But we at the GP are working as hard as we can to get this information to you.

Keep reading the GP for more updates about this newly discovered universe.

Nintendo OP Hits Reset Button

Residents living near the warp sector of 3202 in the Tangeria galaxy spotted a fleet of Nintendo Strikes Back ships in what appears to have been a military operation. The fleet, estimated at ten capital ships, were heading through Tangeria. Witnesses say their apparent target was the Flamingo galaxy, reputed to be the home of the Crusaders alliance. Given that the Crusaders have been making small raids into NSB territory and are said to be responsible for the deaths of several NSB pilots, locals are speculating that this could have been an act of revenge by NSB.
But whatever the reason, fortune was not on the Nintendo team's side this time. It happened that the Crusaders had planned a level 9 port raid for that very evening and as is their custom before an OP, they were in the middle of a big party. Well into the fourth course of food and drink, and being entertained by naked dancers of all races and sexes, the Crusaders were alerted to scout reports coming in of the NSB fleet's approach. Tossing aside both dancers and tankards of brew, the Crusaders pilots scrambled to their ships and prepared for launch.

Eyewitness reports say the Nintendo fleet had advanced by this time, coming to the UNO in sector 3074, and were holding their position. The Crusaders fleet of 13 ships, now fully mobilized under RandyOrsolo's solid lead but still rowdy as hell, made their way down to where the last scout ping had sounded. The Crusaders grouped up and in a single movement rushed into the UNO sector. A couple of the drunker pilots missed the mark and ended up in adjacent sectors briefly, thus reducing the firepower of the initial attack, but these ships soon rejoined the fleet and added their guns to the fight.

Both sides fired coordinated broadsides of laser and torpedo fire at the other, and ship hulls were collapsing under the combined pressure of exploding plate armor and the vacuum of space. Official reports show that eight NSB ships and three Crusaders ships were lost in the fight.

At least two NSB ship were seen fleeing the UNO during the fight. It appears that one of these ships remained in the area and was later destroyed by patrolling Crusaders as they executed their planned level 9 port raid. Analysts are watching this situation closely but are fairly certain that the agression between these two alliances is likely to continue.

A Paid Advertisement for DiaperStrikers

Do your friends at the Space Station Tavern avoid you because you smell bad after a rough ride home? Do you get embarrassed by the skid marks on the back of your shorts after being sent back in a pod? You should try DiaperStriker Adult Underwear, guaranteed to hold even the biggest Alskant dump.
Available in Human Rose, Creontio Fuzzy Bloom, or what ever nice smell you desire. Your mother (for those races that actually have one) would be at peace knowing that if you piloted your way into an accident you were wearing DiaperStriker Adult Underwear.

"I was glad I wore Diaperstrikers when General Lee jumped me from behind" Claims satisfied customer Fudwrecker. "The Pod ride shook the hell out of me and no one even knew I had had given birth to a little baby Fudwrecker in my space suit."

Customers all over the galaxy are reporting similar astonishing stories. Put DiaperStrikers brand adult underwear on your shopping list next time you visit your local UNO.

Violence Erupts in Flamingo

Reincarnation has struck again. Approximately 30 hours after their brutal attack on the Lords of Melnibone in Tropicana, the Reincarnation fleet returned to the area, this time selecting the Crusaders home galaxy of Flamingo as their target. Witnesses aboard a sight-seeing tour ship said the Reincarnation pilots worked to clear a path to the warp at 3248, where a single Crusaders pilot was killed at the warp inside Flamingo. Then the Reincarnation fleet proceeded to clear their way to a level 20 planet near the warp.
The attacking fleet surrounded the planet and in several combined shots, punched through its defenses to the surface below. Finding no pilots parked there, they then moved to another planet futher inside the galaxy. After a number of shots at the shields and drones, the defenses were destroyed and this time a mixed fleet of 26 Crusaders tradeship and fighter pilots launched into orbit to defend.

The Reincarnation fleet was prepared for this however, and fell back to the adjacent sector. The Crusaders pilots held their ground and reclaimed their shattered planet. They then prepared to fight off the attacking fleet down to the last man, woman, and those things like Thennian whatever they are.

Reincarnation made a number of feints into the sector, but the Crusaders only managed to damage their ships, while losing two trade ships of their own. Two Reincarnation pilots were reportedly destroyed among Crusaders mines as they flew to the UNO, but otherwise their fleet was unharmed. One astonished witness to the attack said, "It didn't look good for the Crusaders this time. They were getting whittled down like a bar of soap in a knife shop."

At last, using a strategic maneuver from Crusaders veteran Gunslinger, a broadside attack made deadly contact. Five Reincarnation warships and five Crusaders trade ships were destroyed in the exchange of fire between the two fleets.

A brief pause ensued as the Reincarnation fleet UNO'd and regrouped. The online Crusaders pilots refilled shields from neighboring planets, and two Crusaders podded a lone Reincarnation pilot

The total of ships lost on each side was eight for Crusaders and eight for Reincarnation. Observers say that the Reincarnation fleet was seen leaving the area shortly thereafter. Their fleet commander had most likely taken stock of the remaining ships, fuel, and supplies and called for an organized withdrawal from the area. Shell-shocked inhabitants came out of their attack shelters, as Crusaders pilots worked to clear enemy forces and restore the shattered planets to order.

Political analysts are debating now what the future may bring for these two alliances. This is the first major conflict between them, but most feel that it will not be the last. The odds-makers in The Strip are listening carefully to the pundits talk, and are preparing to place their bets on who may come out on top.

Reincarnation Aggressive Moves

Dateline Tropicana (UPI)
Last weekend Reincarnation warships were sighted as they started to clear forces around the Combat Accessories shop and to get to a smuggler craft. They then mined a path leading to the warp into Tropicana, where they knocked down all of LoM's planets.
While they were clearing forces and destroying planets they also podded 1/3 of Lords of Melnibone members.

But the LoM members moved quickly into their new ships, hungering for Revenge. Talk on the tradelanes is that LoM aren't the only alliance looking for revenge. So the question is.....when will the revenge be and by how many alliances will do it?

More about What is E.P.I.C.

I don't rightly know what E.P.I.C. is actually....
When the galaxy was young, I thought it meant "Everyones Private Investment Cachet".

Time has gone by. Over this time some people just watching from the outskirts of time and space have come to think of E.P.I.C. more as "Everyone's Personal Insect Company", "Everyones Private Inception Company" or "Every Penal Institute Consolidated".

However, if the last one was the the case I suppose it would be E.P.I.C. (at least in some gaming communities!)
that which pods you makes you stronger