The Strip - GP Archive: Royal Flush

News from the "Galactic Post" and "The Space Merchant Reporter" and "News Control"
Harry Krishna
Beta Test Team Leader

The Strip - GP Archive: Royal Flush

Post by Harry Krishna »

Trouble Times, part 3

**BEEP** Cargo-hold room to the Bridge
“Yes, Lieutenant?” said IceStorm over the Intercom.

“We have a problem here sir” said Lieutenant.

“What problem?”

“Permission to speak freely, sir” said Lieutenant.

“Granted.”

“I don’t know what you did in the negotiations with Port 5643, but there is no such thing as Cows Disease as a illegal good sir. We got 60 units of Nijarin slaves here, how do we bed them down?” said Lieutenant.

“WHAT!!?? YOU SAID WHAT!?” shocked IceStorm shouted.

“There no such thing as cows disease as an illegal good, sir, and the cargo bays are full of Nijarin,” replied Lieutenant.

“ARG! I have been TRICKED!! DEATH TO PORT 5643!!” shouted IceStorm when he turn the Intercom to broadcast throughout the ship.

“Get weapon systems online” ordered IceStorm.

“I’m sorry sir, but I can’t get our weapons online,” said Ensign.

“And why not?” asked IceStorm.

“We don’t have any weapons mounted on the USS Bite Me sir, unless you mean you want us to RAM the USS Bite Me into port 5643 sir” said Ensign.

[IceStorm puts his hand on head and shakes his head] “Why are we unarmed?” asks IceStorm.

“We were armed Captain, I think the computer jettisoned the weapons without our knowledge,” said the Commander.

COMPUTER VOICE: “Yep, I jettisoned the weapons awhile back.”

“And why the hell would you jettison our weapon for!!!” screamed IceStorm.

COMPUTER VOICE: “Because I felt like it!”

“OO God!! I can’t believe I’m dealing with a ship with a mind of its own!!! YOU STUPID IDIOT!! Are you trying to get us killed!!??” asked IceStorm.

COMPUTER VOICE: “In a way, yes”

[IceStorm tries to beat the computer to death with his own Captain chair but is held back by the Commander]

“Hey now we need the computer to get back to the HQ,” said Commander.

COMPUTER VOICE: “That’s right and you know it IceStorm”

[IceStorm sighs with anger and orders the crew] “Head back to HQ, I got a score to settle with The Dealer. ”

“Captain what should we do with the 60 Nijarin?” asked the Commander.

“Nuke them, I guess,” said IceStorm.

[Crew looks at their Captain oddly then realises he was joking]

Sector 1476

Sector 1476 in the galaxy WQ human is the most deadly sector in the universe with over 84 battles in the area. In the same area is a weapon shop called ‘Check Your Pulse’.

We went to this sector and asked around, but we got no answer and the weapon shop owners were out, the doors and windows boarded up. Is this area in danger of being destroyed too?

*MAYDAY* MAYDAY* the Attack of the Lords of Melnibone

Lords of Melnibone have been attacking ports everywhere in the galaxy! With this number of attacks, the Lords of Melnibone are up to something which could mean life and death to others. So beware when trading. Or if you own a port, you are advised to build up your defences against this vicious port raiding party.

One Players Opinion: Warp Killing And The Players

There was a time that this Galaxy was a peaceful place.. Not any longer.

People are mining warps and the new explorers trying to get through them are giving up, packing up their belongings, and going home. If thats what your going to do your a coward. If you leave your just telling these big alliances that it's okay to mine warps and that it's okay to kill innocent people, and you're not going to do anything about it.

We the people of the galaxies have got to let it be known that warp killing and,warp mining must stop. The big alliances want to drive us small people out of the galaxy and we can't let that happen. These galaxies are ours too, not theirs only, and they have to get that through their thick heads.

Who will stand up to these people and let them know that this will not last any longer? I SURE WILL

Rebels Rant: NAP Time for Crus?

No, I'm not worrying about the Crusaders sleeping habit. In this case, NAP stands for Non-Agression Pact, and it seems the Crusaders have been getting their fill of those lately.

With a high level pact standing amongst Crus and LB, and a joint OP by Crus and E.P.I.C. in recent weeks, it seems as though Crusaders has been trying to make sure NO ONE will attack them the entire game. Already starting off with a pNAP and no-fire agreement around the Tangeria CA with LoM, the alliance has multiplied, making itself immune from all but the ballsiest alliances.

Traders have been heard grumbling on all sides of these pacts, from LB, which had one prominent member call the recent LB/Crus OP a "goat rodeo" and saying "you can quote me" on that. They have burned their bridge with E.P.I.C., and now seem to be eyeing Whitfield as a potential partner in crime. How much longer will the pNAP stand between LoM and Crus? How many more allies will Crus go through? Who knows where my remote is? All these and more in the next edition of the Rebels Rant.

Sweeping Changes to Federation Regulations Proposed; Ship Searches Imminent

The federation is not only searching ships for illegal goods they are now searching war ships for illegal technology. It seems that some hunters have secretly installed a black market auto-firing mechanism. The device automatically targets any ship that enters the space with them. Good or bad, friend or foe it makes no difference, it can fire at a unbelievable rate of 20 shots per Creonti second, sometimes even faster depending upon the speed of the ships onboard computer and the type of network interface between the computer and the ships weapons.

This ultimately will result in Cross Universal changes taking place. If the current legislation before the Federation Council passes, the manufacture of all weaponry will subject to increasing governmental regulations. A limit to the number of times a weapon can be fired in a second will be implemented.

In addition, searches of ships at all UNO facilities, bars and warps will begin. If any auto firing mechanisms are found, the punishment will be banishment from all known galaxies. It is thought that this will ensure that NO ships have been outfitted with the new weapons.

These wide sweeping changes are really going to affect the way that some hunters hunt. It will render the super fast onboard computers and the upgraded network interfaces installed in some hunters ships almost completely useless for super fast attacks, giving the traders a little more breathing room.

It is a shame that a few hunters who are breaking the current regulations by having illegally installed equipment are causing such sweeping regulations. The universe as we know it will be changed. The balance between hunter and trader will be upset.

Yet, there is a small group petitioning the Federation Council to appeal to the hunters one last time to abandon their illegal practices and turn in their auto firing mechanisms. I personally implore the Federation to please give one more chance to these wicked and ruthless hunters. I appeal to all those using this illegal technology to turn it in before the face of the universe is irreparably changed for all of us. Maybe the Federation can find another way to disable these devices without having to implement the proposed changes, but so far no one has come forward.

Mandalay Bay Under 2-Day Siege

The inhabitants of the planet in sector 1910 of the Mandalay Bay galaxy found themselves under attack this week. The isolated planet owned (but not cared for) by the Crusaders alliance received a slow but steady series of attacks. Rather than the normal frenzy of fear and panic that normally comes with such an event, people here were confused as they watched the attacks go on for hours and even days.

Residents were puzzled, even disappointed, as the attacks continued for 36 hours. No defending ships had come to rescue them, and their planetary defenses, despite a Federal rating of only level 12, were still holding. Very little damage had been done after repeated barrages of up to 8 points per shot from the apparently lightly-armed enemy fleet. And worst of all, the warning sirens wouldn't stop!

Finally, at 1:09 AM Galactic Standard Time, the planetary defenses fell, and the inhabitants saw the identify of their attackers - it was the entire alliance of Perfect Chaos equipped with fully armed Galactic Semis and apparently there to...well, cause some chaos.

Amidst all the confusion of installing a new government on the planet, a passing Crusaders trade ship finally arrived to investigate the disturbance, and the Interstellar Trader engaged in a 2 vs 1 battle with the invading ships. While it managed to destroy both of the Perfect Chaos ships, it did not have the firepower to take the planet back so it remains in the hands of Perfect Chaos.

Most of the population seems lukewarm at the prospect of a new government, and many apparently just want the next attackers whoever they may be to move a little bit faster. "Semis?" scoffed citizen Lukewarm Jackson. "I've been living on this planet for 80 years, seen many governments come and go, and I've never seen anything like this...if you're going to bust a planet, then for crying out loud BUST THE PLANET and don't screw around. At least Reincarnation finishes it up quickly."

All Alliances on Each Other: Was It a Plan?

The other day nearly all of the top alliances were OPing at the same time. Seventeen Nintendo Strikes Back pilots took on Crusaders while nearly a dozen Crusaders were defending. Meanwhile at least 15 E.P.I.C. pilots were hitting Reincarnation with a half dozen Reincarnation on line to defend. Then there was the Legitinite Businessmen were out raiding ports.

Some observers speculated that while this was all happening, it had been planned so LB could raid the ports without getting attacked.
With over 80 people on the CPL and four alliances in action, it came as a shock to others watching from other alliances to see so few pilots ride a pod. Only in the NSB/Crusaders squabble did any significant losses occur: Nintendo lost 10 ships to Crusaders defenders that day. The question here is...was LB getting help from NSB or EPIC so they could porrt raid safely? If the answer is yes, what will happen next........?
that which pods you makes you stronger