The Strip - GP Archive: Going All In!

News from the "Galactic Post" and "The Space Merchant Reporter" and "News Control"
Harry Krishna
Beta Test Team Leader

The Strip - GP Archive: Going All In!

Post by Harry Krishna »

Fud Inc. Buys Creonti Rapid Fire Weapon!!

In a startling move, Fud Inc. has bought a brand new Creonti rapid fire device. Offering 50 million shares in his own company to the public, he has claimed the patent on the Creonti weapon.

"I'm gunna stick that on a '79 Trans Am and smoke the poor f-ker in front of me!" says Fud, who may just be enjoying his insanity. "That is beyond cool." Fud stills own 58% of the company's shares and will not be removed from the board easily.

Mandalay Bay Fishery Receives Donation

(Rueters IGP)
Fud Inc. donated 7 billion credits to the Manadalay Fishery, yesterday. In a press conference, CEO Fudwrecker was asked as to why he would throw the entire Cronti economical situation into flux by doing this. Fud responded, "I was thinking I could grow some Sun Fish hatchlings." Unfortunately, his staff could not find where the money should go. Fud was ;) "I pay you people a bazillion cronkites and you can not even find this planet?"

Fud has hired 23 Scouts and Aquaboy - (he knows fish stuff ) to find the Planet.

Crusaders Launch Assault on Reincarnation Stronghold

Galactic Rueters - Monte Carlo
Crusaders ships attacked a Reincarnation outpost in sector 1850. According to official reports, the fleet of 16 ships were seen entering the Rosenkruez galaxy as they cleared a path between the UNO and the warp entrance to Monte Carlo in sector 2262. A brief skirmish between the leading Crusaders ships and four Reincarnation defenders resulted in deaths of one Crusaders pilot and three Reincarnation.

Witnesses in Monte Carlo say the Crusaders fleet then entered the galaxy and gathered their ships over the planet in sector 1850. The planet was rated a level 70, the maximum rating given by the Federal Planetary Defense Board.

Residents on the planet say the approach of the Crusaders ships was heralded by the blaring of Blue Oyster Cult songs at full blast volume over super-sonic speakers. "If that was some kind of a scare tactic, it worked!", said one local man who declined to give his name. "When I heard Don't Fear the Reaper, I jumped out the window."

The Crusaders ships opened fire on the planet and laid waste to its cities. Citizens ran screaming for their lives. Ten of thousands, including small children and animals, were killed or left homeless as flames engulfed and destroyed everything. Huge purple laser bolts lit up the sky as planetary defense systems responded. Crusaders losses were heavy during the attack. Officials report that ten Crusaders ships were destroyed in the fight over the planet, while nearly 15% of the buildings in populated areas of the planet were destroyed.

During the attack on the planet, a small group of Reincarnation fighters added to the number of lost Crusaders ships, taking them down as they strayed from the fleet to UNO or return to the scene of the planet bust. Some restocking of the planet's shields was also accomplished, preventing the Crusaders from breaching the planet's defenses.

Officials have not released the details of the final battle by Reincarnation defenders, but one local man says that about seven Reincarnation ships rallied against the attacking Crusaders in the planetary sector. Jack K'thumi watched the battle from his backyard, and he says he saw a pitched battle between the two in which one Reincarnation ship was destroyed and five Crusaders pilots jettisoned to HQ. "That seemed to end the attack against the planet and the remaining Crusaders ships withdrew from the area," he told the Galactic Post.

Given the recent battles between Reincarnation and the Crusaders over territory in Flamingo, and the strong level of competition between the two alliances, most locals aren't surprised to see this sort of ruthless attack on planets in Monte Carlo. Indeed, many saw it coming and knew it was just a matter of time. And the successful defense by Reincarnation was not a surprise either as the skill of Reincarnation pilots is well known. The question people in Monte Carlo are asking now is: what is the Federation going to do to stop the lawless violence across the galaxies? Public Health and Safety officials won't say, so for now the residents are left to pick up the pieces of their shattered neighborhoods and move on.

LoM Storms NSB

Reports are coming in of an attack by the Lords of Melnibone against the Nintendo Strikes Back alliance. Details of the fighting are minimal, but it appears that a fleet of 14 LoM ships made their way into the MGM Grand galaxy and attacked a level 70 planet in sector 1952.

The planet's defenses took down as many as twelve LoM ships but the Lords of Melnibone would not be stopped. They successfully busted through the planet's defenses, killing a small number of defending NSB pilots in the process.

Political analysts are watching this development closely. Many remember the fierce days of yore when the Lords of Melnibone ruled a large part of the universe and battled toe-to-toe against the top alliances of the day such as Death Control and Black Sun Ascending. Some are now wondering if those days are returning.
that which pods you makes you stronger