Spockology - GP Archive: Dark Matters Abroad

News from the "Galactic Post" and "The Space Merchant Reporter" and "News Control"
Harry Krishna
Beta Test Team Leader

Spockology - GP Archive: Dark Matters Abroad

Post by Harry Krishna »

Four Killed in Manton Skirmish

Manton - (Galactic Reuters)
Members of the Crusaders and Reincarnation alliances reportedly battled briefly today. Crusaders leader Harry Krishna assembled a fleet of six Crusaders ships near the warp between the Manton and Lupus galaxies. Witnesses say the Crusaders pilots had begun clearing mines at the warp when a Reincarnation ship piloted by RedDragon flew amongst the fleet and was destroyed.

A short time later, the Crusaders were heading across Manton to the Clacher warp point when Reincarnation pilots DW, Orca, and Izzanods intercepted them. Cloaked Crusader Briz, separated from the Crusaders fleet, was cornered and mined in by Orca and Izzy. The two Reincarnation ships, reportedly low on fuel, closed in on Briz as they waited for highly experienced DW to arrive and trigger. Briz signaled a distress call and jumped into his escape pod just as DW came in sector to decloak his ship and destroy it.

Too late to save their fallen comrade, the Crusaders fleet arrived moments later and fought briefly with the three Reincarnation pilots. Several heavy blasts of laser and torpedo fire were exchanged. Orca and Izzanods were podded in the fight, and DW escaped with a few hundred plates of armor on his Death Cruiser.

The remaining Crusaders were seen leaving Manton after the incident. Complaints about the violence as well as eye-witness reports have been forwarded by local Manton residents to the Federal government for investigation.

Heads Roll at Galactic Council

There was a shock today at the Galactic Council of Races, when Alskant Leaders informed the council that women did not make good hunters, and luckily reporter Sarah Snow was there to get the full picture.

The Alskant leaders informed the commitee that due to biological differences between the sexes women did not have the mental capacity to deal with, and i quote "pointing and shooting." They then went on to say that "women would be better off trading or sitting on their planets building generators, and therefore we shall be voting to ban all women from any hunting activities."

The Alskants have always been one of the 'crazier' races when it comes to new ideas. But they claimed to have proof off this with shocking new genetic studies. They claim that a test undertaken by Vladamirs Vodka Tavern proved that women could not hunt. Another test by Bottoms Up Bar and Grill showed that women given toy ships would call them "mommy ship" and "baby ship" and then tried to dress them up in skirts.

Not surprisingly after the speech, an uproar broke out at the Council, and the Alskant Leaders fled and are now believed to be in hiding. Reports have come in of some large Creonti women in Devestators around the Alskant Federal Base.

A petition has gone round at the council, asking for the Alskant Leaders' heads. I for one have already signed the petition and currently getting a first hand look at what happens when a Devastator meets a Trade Master.
This is Sarah Snow saying "Goodnight Galaxy."

One Players Opinion: Why Shady is Good!

My friend Shady is a Good Guy! With a capital GG! He's willing to help little old lady traders across the warps between galaxies and he's always searching Federal HQ's to let people know when they have too many guns.
He does his best to promote interspecies harmony by conversing with female players in #SMR chat. He lets the kids ride on his spaceship for a nominal fee, and he lets the good looking moms sit on his lap for pictures!

One time I heard him speaking to another player saying that they should leave the sector that they were in before any bad guys showed up. He is a rightous dude! Shady is a GG!

Interspecies Dating Scam!

Twice Daley reporting that there has been a development in a interspecies dating scam uncovered here in Livstar. Thanks to help of the Crusaders Kyron Redaxe, who played the "patsy" for the intergalactic cops, they were able to round up a ring of insterstellar scam artists posing as "available for a good time" to worn and weary space traders looking for a bit of "companionship" while plying their wares on the spaceways.
Kyron Redaxe had the following statement when approached about his part to play in the procedings....."Well I can't really go into too much detail but the Feds said that they wanted someone that would meet certain criteria in order to help them pull off this sting operation. They informed me that due to the profiles that they ran on certain traders indicated that I was as close a fit as they could manage for this kind of dangerous endeavor."

When approached, Steven Goldblat D'Hasa, the WQ Human representative elaborated that they were looking for someone who would appear desparate enough for some "companionship" and according to their files, Mr. Redaxe has a long history of purchasing the type of "road aids" that would indicate he would be ripe for the scam artists to exploit. When asked to indicate just what he meant by "road aids" he refused to elaborate further. Now that these evildoers are ensconced in the hoosgow, those legitimately plying the seamier trades can all breathe a little easier.

Space Bowl IV

In what is sure to be a battle of epic proportions Space Bowl IV preparations have begun. Having reached the finals of the coveted Space Bowl, the Creonti and Salvene teams have already started the propaganda. However, celebrations are kicking off in this Year's host Galaxy- Human.

"I've never seen a parade go through 8 different solar systems," said Fud, a big Creonti fan and season ticket holder. "It was cool when the floats blew up." Unfortunately the parade planners forgot to factor a comet in their Beta Sector, and couple of space floats were destroyed.

The game is a tricky combination of weaponry and skill, the object being the first team to land a small sphere (1 kilometer diameter) on a pre designated moon orbiting around one of the host system's planets. This year the landing area it is on the moon Titan orbiting the planet Saturn in the Human galaxy Sol. Humans in that solar system have gobbled up all the tickets and last reports of scalper prices were somewhere around 50,000 credits. Advertising for a 30 second spot is set around 10 gazillion credits.

The fans are in for a treat, as this year's game features a solid Creonti defense against a solid Thevian offense. "We are not worried," says Lydia, coach and General Manager of the Creonti Squad (and holder of two previous Space Bowl tittles). "We are just going to lay down our usual Creonti Particle Cannon spread and then flank with some torpedoes." When asked about the Thevian Flux capability, Lydia was not too concerned. "We have our strategy and we will win".

Reincarnation Territory Attacked; Clacher Port Raided

Clacher - (Galactic Reuters)
The Clacher galaxy was the site of an ugly crime today as the Crusaders struck a blow against territory held by rival alliance Reincarnation. Most political observers in the Spockology universe had predicted aggression by some of the top alliances against Reincarnation, and locals in Manton and Clacher knew it was only a matter of time before something like this would happen.

Clacher officials report that Crusaders leader Harry Krishna took a fleet of 13 ships to the warp in Manton, cleared the mines blocking the entrance, and entered Clacher space. The fleet continued clearing mined sectors as it made its way into the galaxy. One Crusaders ship was reported destroyed during the clearing operation. Finally the invaders settled over the level 20 planet in sector 4223 and simultaneously opened fire on the small planet's outer defenses. Panicked residence fled for cover as warning claxons around the cities blared. The Crusaders fleet lit up the sky with laser fire until the defenses dropped and the planet was taken.

At that point some in Clacher hoped the attack was over, but the Crusaders fleet moved on thru the Reincarnation minefields to their next target: a level 9 port situated in sector 4226. After a dozen blazing shots at the heavy shields and armor defenses, the shamefaced portmaster was forced to surrender the port's cash to the raiders. Port officials declined to comment on the amount taken from the port, but rumors in the trade routes and taverns say the raiders made off with over 120 million federal credits.

A small number of Reincarnation pilots were scrambled to Clacher defense, and they dropped stacks of mines across the exit path out of the galaxy in an effort to stop the attackers. Two human Crusaders pilots jumped out of Clacher with the stolen cash, while the rest of the Crusaders fleet, with ships heavily damaged in the port raid, tried to clear the defensive mines in their path. Four Crusaders ships were destroyed in the mines on their way out. No ship-to-ship battles were reported. No Reincarnation ships were reported lost.

Political analysts have noted that many alliances are gearing up their war machines at a very rapid rate. Most see this attack as the opening volley of what will become one of the bloodiest chapters in the Spockology history.

Fudwrecker Clones Himself

Utilizing the latest technology in biology Mr. Fud has managed to clone himself 7 times. "Sweet," says Mr. Fudwrecker, "I think I can kick off my flip flops and hang around the beach all day.while the other Fuds do stuff. Like I really feel sorry for Fud #2 trading in the Thevian Galaxy, bugger is prolly going to ride a pod back home."

Fud #4 and #5 have teamed up to screw around with quarks and smaller stuff to create a new warp engine, and between them they have 154 patents already pending. Fud #3 is designing a new golf course and theme park not far from Salzik fed space.

"I'm not sure if I'm Fud #7 or #6," said a confused Fud. "I'm thinking maybe Fud #3 should put in a 1/4 Gee force par 4, 5765 Meters, but he thought of it before me and did it already."

"Weird," mutters Fud #2 ."I'm thinking maybe I'm Fud #7 because Fud #1 got lost some where."

"But if I was Fud #1," says Fud #7, "I would be over at the tavern chatting up the ladies."

There you are, Fud, right where I thought you would be. Twins :)

Adult Swim Holds Off Reincarnation Invasion

Details coming from the outer galaxies are sketchy, but reports are coming in to the Galactic Post news desk that Reincarnation made an attack on the Adult Swim alliance's home galaxy but were held off by the defenders.

According to sources inside Adult Swim, a fleet of 14 Reincarnation ships advanced to the warp sector leading into the Valheru galaxy. There they were met by a small defensive fleet of mixed medium class Adult Swim ships. The two sides faced off, Reincarnation pilots making a few runs into the Valheru side to clear the mines that AS had put down. A couple of Reincarnation pilots were killed in the forays. As time wore on, the Adult Swimmers were able to increase their fleet to 13 ships, though still made up of mid-class and a few warbirds.

With nearly matched fleets and the prospect of mines to deal with, the Reincarnation commander ordered his fleet to withdraw. Reports are that Reincarnation then moved on to bust a nearby port, one used by AS traders.

Spokesmen from both alliances are claiming victory in the confrontation. Political observers are watching the situation closely, as most believe that it may heat up very soon into a full blown turf war between the two alliances. But seeing as Reincarnation also has its feud with Crusaders on the horizon, some are wondering how Reincarnation will fare having to battle on two opposing fronts.
that which pods you makes you stronger