The Seige - GP Archive: Edition #9-01 - The Seige Begins

News from the "Galactic Post" and "The Space Merchant Reporter" and "News Control"
RCK
Beginner Spam Artist

The Seige - GP Archive: Edition #9-01 - The Seige Begins

Post by RCK »

A New round, A New Editor, A New Beginning

I would like to take this moment to welcome everyone to The Siege.

With the start of a new round, I will be our new GP Editor. For those that don’t know me, I’m RCK (Red Cross Knight in game) Be playing for a few rounds now (lost count) and am eager to help out the SMR community.

I’m hoping that this round the Galactic Post will thrive with new talent and lots of editions. My goal this round is to put out at least one edition of the Galactic Post a week. But this can’t be accomplished without everyone’s input. So I’d like to take this time to invite new and old writers to apply and submit news articles, poetry, and anything else that can be thought of. I look forward to seeing many new faces and some old ones and hope that this round will be beneficial to all players. Please don’t hesitate to contact me, either in game, or in #smr or #GP on IRC.

Thanks again, Hope everyone has a good round!
RCK

Pest Control

We have recently been having complaints that many new ships have been having problems with ants. We recommend one of two products. The first is Zap350. This spray causes the critters to scream then combust into a ball of flame. This can be used on any surface. The second product is the CritterKiller Super Trap. This is the newest product from CrittterKiller inc. People prefer its small size and light weight. This will kill the pests and won't set fire to your ship. These items can be found at most hardware stores near you.

Tick

Wanted: Ship Sitter

I will be leaving in a few days and need someone to watch over my ship. It is a small pod with low maintenance. It only needs to be cleaned once. Payment is 1 million. Call me if you have any questions. Mr. ToCk
Remove this article from The Seige Begins

Trader's Twitch

Danger!

A new disease has been reported among traders in The Seige! Traders everywhere are suffering from what has been dubbed "The Trader's Twitch". Affected pilots are seen to show symptoms of extreme aggressive demeanor, paranoia, and an uncontrollable twitch in their left eye or visual sensor. General population and local law enforcement are advised to stay away from any creature displaying these symptoms or they may find themselves victims of violent nerve-induced psychotic overreactions.

"Holy cow", reported one food court server "this guy absolutely flipped out when we told him that we just ran out of Creonti ale. He pulled out a blaster and started to shoot up the place. He kept screaming ‘not another dry port' and proceeded to destroy our new R2D2 bartending droid". Other stories of Traders gone crazy are heard throughout the universe. One trader reportedly fired his administrative assistant out the port torpedo tube. His excuse was that she just looked at him funny when he dropped his pencil.

Some say that the Trader's Twitch is a natural reaction to the hazards of deep space. A trader's life is filled with great peril and terror as they navigate through hunters, mine fields, and hard-bargains as they scratch out a meager living or fill the ever-hungry alliance war chest. Dr. Iwana Plowyew claims to have known a few traders and survived to write a book. "When you first encounter a trader, don't look him in the eye" he says. "You might provoke an offer you can't refuse". He goes on to mention that these traders are generally an unsavoury lot. "I'd rather deal with a hunter any day" he continues “at least you know what you’re going to get”. As of the writing of this article, Dr. Plowyew has been reported missing and is rumoured to be hiding somewhere in the Ik'Thorne sector.

Good Luck Dr. Plowyew!

Incredible Hulks

WQ Human (Reuters)

Witnesses couldn't believe their eyes as two planetary super freighters went into combat mode and started firing on eachother today. It happened at a port in sector 1504. The two lumbering opponents were seen maneuvering around the docking supports of the port for several minutes. One of the pilots seemed to be attempting to dock first, when the other ship fired it's small laser.

Onlookers at the port's observation deck gathered to watch the battle. The first ship returned fire with its own lasers, burning a small hole in the shield bands around the massive tradeship. "Ooooh" and "Aaaah" could be heard at first from the crowd as shots were exchanged again and again. This was later followed by longer and longer silences and a few not-so-well-hidden yawns could be seen among the people watching the fight.

Finally, the shield wall of the first super freighter fell, revealing hundreds of heavy plates of armor left guarding it's hull. The second ship pressed it's advantage. By this time, half of the crowd gathered by the windows had moved on. One man tossed a cup in the garbage and was heard to say, "Ok, that's my 3rd Alskant Latte, let's go." Small children began to whine.

At last, the first PSF shuddered and exploded in the cold of space outside the port. The pilot managed to jet to safety in an escape pod. The remaining trade ship then docked at the port and began unloading its cargo. Federal officials say the battle lasted 55 minutes and consisted of 128 separate laser attacks. The shipping company that owned the destroyed vessel has filed a claim for nearly 25 million federal credits in ship replacement costs, lost cargo, and cash.

An Orca Threat

Recent reports state that a known hunter Orca has been hunting trades in the Salvene galaxy. Traders have been heard saying at the local bars that Orca is to be feared and many tremble at the sight of this hunters ship. Many traders are now trying to come up with solutions to deal with this threat. Many have turned to friends to protect them while they are trading. So of the smaller traders are using a combination of scouts and mines in order to know when he is coming. At the time of printing Orca has only 4 kills. One can only wonder how much this number will grow or will the traders learn to out smart the hunter? Time will tell.