Triad-GP Archive: Weekly Edition

News from the "Galactic Post" and "The Space Merchant Reporter" and "News Control"
DragonLancer
Quiet One

Triad-GP Archive: Weekly Edition

Post by DragonLancer »

Morning Plater

• For a short time at any BOB Bar and Grill, the 10 credit dish will be served. This special includes rare Salvene chicken tenders, Human pasta noodles and a dish of Nijarin pudding. This will only be served for a short time, so hurry and get yours today!!!

Port Raiding Frenzy

• In the early hour's of morning....when most trader's were sleeping or nursing their last battle wound's. The member's of RUINA CAELUM sucessfully raided the port's :891...689..772...749...774...and 120. It is not clear how many of them made it out alive, but surely it made them rich...very rich

Alliances Skirmish in Outer Galaxies

• Reports are coming in from the outer galaxies of alliance fighting. Members of Crusaders, Passion of Devotion, and System Failure have all been sighted in fleets of warships and making attacks on each other. Ships have been destroyed and planets attacked.
Locals in the outer galaxies are boarding up their windows and leaving their homes. Port masters are putting their security teams on red alert in preparation of more violence. "This isn't the first time I've had to run for cover," said one long time Ik'thorne resident in sector 3094. "These alliances are out for blood and they will keep at it until someone cries oink!"
Appeals to the federal government for help have not been answered. It seems the outlying populace must fend for itself against the alliances who are battling for control of their homelands.

Past Time Pleasure

• Do you find that you have too much time on your hands?
Wouldn't you like something to do?
Now from Ship-Shop-SMR you can buy personal tvs for almost any ship!
Each TV comes with the standered 350,000 channels with clear quality and no ads. Each set is costom fitted to your ship. The larger the ship, the larger the set! Small sets will cost 5,000,000 credits and larger sets will cost anywhere from 15,000,000 to 100,000,000.
Don't wait!!! To order, go to the nearest Ship-Shop-SMR store before supplies run out!!! Please have money ready on arrival.

Legitimate Wisdom

• I would like to share an old Legitimate Businessman chant. Each year, during the first week of October, they would wake up at sunrise and repeat their chant over and over. They repeated this powerful chant primarily for three very important reasons:
1. To ensure that their trade routes are bountiful and will keep their war chest fed all year;
2. To ward off the Crusaders;
3. And gain great wisdom. It goes like this: Oooooh waaaaah (pause) Taaaaa foooooo (pause) Lie aaaammmm (pause) Now repeat it without the pause.
As you repeat it more often and more quickly, its message becomes clear and you will become wise! Try it. It works very well and very quickly!!!

Veterans Speak Out

• Three SMR veterans, a Crusader, a Legitimate Businessman, and a Rebel, happen to meet in a pub and they start discussing the qualities of their compatriots during the last few games.
"When I was on a Planet Bust, there was nothing could beat my Op Leader! He got shot right in the belly. Half his guts spilled out on the ground. He picked up and carried what he could, and we took him to the field hospital where the doctor sewed him up. Two days later he was on parade!" boasts the Crusader.
The Legitimate Businessman replys "I can tell you, my friendz, zere is nussing like my OP Leader. He got a lazer beam exactly in za middle of his head. His brains spilled out all over ze ground. He pushed most of them back in, walked himself to za field infirmary where zey put a cork in his head. He was on parade za next day!"
And then the Rebel speaks up "I say, my dear fellows, nothing beats the Rebels, absolutely nothing. No guts, no brains, on parade every day!"

Fight For The Top?

• Warning!!Warning!! Incoming ships. Scouts show a fleet of ships bearing the name PoD.
"what do we do captain"?
"Trigger as fast as you can and hope hope we take a few of them out the hatch with us"
In the late hours of night on the 10th of October a large fleet of PoD bashed their way into Crew territory trying to repay the damage Crew had already inflicted on them. Up untill this time the Crusaders had not been touched and had grown a little cocky in their demener.
When the PoD ships busted one planet, 14!!!!! Cru ships were waitng for certain death. All 14 ships, several being trade ships and builders, were destroyed. However, they did happen to take down 4 PoD ships in the scuffle. This lil bit of silver lining did lil to cheer up the wounded members.
One must figure Crew has learned their lesson and in a raid 3 days later not a crew was to be found. Crew has made several raids into PoD space and has found several sleepers around. The current Kill count vs each other is: PoD 20......Crew 16
With few other alliances attemting to start turf wars in this early game, we could be witnessing the fight for top spot in this game. However, the game IS early and we could see 2 top tier alliances burn themselves out early and another alliance might step up for the call. Only time will tell....untill then we all have to keep fighting and struggling to play it out as best we know how.

Editors Notes

• Ive learned to do colors now....didnt know it meant that much to ya but i strive to please...and i must admit i like the colors better myself
ANY other ideas or suggestions or questions can be PM to me in-game, on the WB and in IRC...when im around
I still need plenty active writers....PROPS to those who have come through for me already, you know who you are and im trying to get you compensated :)
Enjoy and GoodLuck