DuPont 22 Refrigerant - GP Archive - 1ST EDITION: WQ CRISIS

News from the "Galactic Post" and "The Space Merchant Reporter" and "News Control"
seldum
Beta Tester

DuPont 22 Refrigerant - GP Archive - 1ST EDITION: WQ CRISIS

Post by seldum »

Council Members Debate
In breaking news there is a very heated exchange going on over the Ik'Thorne ruling councils messaging system. Members of the Ik'Thorne council were discussing the terrorist actions of the alliance Hardened Crewminals. As a high ranking Ik'Thorne myself I find myself wondering why we would ever give those humans peace anyways.

Karabiner 98 Kurz made this comment to spark this debate up earlier today: "Greetings fellow council members, this is your Vice President speaking. I have also been privy to some dear information that may surprise you!

The Hardened crewminals are all liars! They don't look out for the best thing for you, and neither does their president. They threatened to kill our ports if we got peace with WQs. It isn't fair for them to dictate what goes on in this game.

Don't follow their lies! They will only kill you in the end!"

This is just one example of the strife that has gone on since Hardened Crewminals brutally raided the top ports in the WQ Human galaxy.
Remove this article from 1st Edition: WQ Crisis

Top West Quadrant Human Ports Raided!

WQ traders were stunned this week when all of their most profitable ports were plundered by the Hardened Crewminals alliance. In a quick sweep of the galaxy, the Crewminals raided seven top ports, knocked off the tier 3 goods of each, and made management changes favoring other races.

D.B. Cooper, president of the WQ council, reportedly took credit for the move. It was, he said, a retaliation against the Armory alliance and it's mining and monopolization of the ports in WQ space.

A short time after the raids, racial council presidents recieved a message from Hardened Crewminals leader Bugsy Siegel. The note read, in part:

"Do not fear, [your] ports are at no risk from my alliance at this time. As long as there is no peace between [your race] and WQ Humans, your port safety is ensured. If, however, this were to change and a peace vote with WQ passes, I will have no choice but to make your top ports our next target."

The note sent a shockwave of fear and uncertainty throughout the racial galaxies as the racial governments prepare to react. Some council members were defiant, doubting the resolve of the Hardened Crewminals. "They are extremely delusional," said one Thevian senator in a speech to his council. Another Thevian council member agreed, "His gang of miscreants do not intimidate me and I for one will continue to push for peace efforts." In response to the political posturing, one Crewminal member was heard to say: "They do not have a clue about who we are."

Traders in WQ space are now scrabbling to find decent ports to trade and are now looking toward the neutral galaxies for hope. With no peace votes going through, however, the number of profitable ports is low. It appears that for now, the Hardened Crewminals have dealt a serious blow to the WQ economy and by extension to the alliances that depend on WQ trade for their advantage.

Mission Statement
The mission of the new Galactic Post is to post relevant news when its actually happening. Our goal is to publish biweekly at a minimum. These editions may not be full 8 article editions however we will try and keep the community entertained and informed.

Writers are Needed! Apply today if you have the desire to have fun and entertain your friends!

The Armory
A new group of traders have recently banded together and all bear the names of various weapons. This gang is said to be armed to the teeth and are ruthless killers. All traders should be advised to be careful when you see one of their hunters on.

Note: This is the first installment of the Alliance Awareness section of the Galactic Post. Profiles of the other major alliances to come.