DuPont 22 Refrigerant - GP Archive - Political Catalysts

News from the "Galactic Post" and "The Space Merchant Reporter" and "News Control"
seldum
Beta Tester

DuPont 22 Refrigerant - GP Archive - Political Catalysts

Post by seldum »

Mission Statement

Id like to inform everyone about our public relations channel #gp if you have an idea or need to speak with me for any reason you can find me there.

The mission of the new Galactic Post is to post relevant news when its actually happening. Our goal is to publish biweekly at a minimum. These editions may not be full 8 article editions however we will try and keep the community entertained and informed.

Writers are Needed! Apply today if you have the desire to have fun and entertain your friends!

Angry mobs of mothers storm SMR HQ!

Yesterday there chants could be herd for miles! "Stop the poisoning, stop the poisoning" This reporter was on site and aproched some of these angry protestors against my own thoughts of preservation! One mother stated that her only son had become a veggie! When asked why she said "He just sits there.... refreshing screens.... waiting for something to happen... waiting for turns" I asked her when she noticed the problem? "When he stopped attending school and was addmited to the local hospital for multiple computer related injuries!" She said she questions the possibility of him ever returning to the working world!

Most other mothers attending this protest had the same issues and said that the addiction is much like drugs! And what seems to sicken these mothers more is the fact that they are still looking for more members... in hopes to build activity and quality of game play! When we asked the President of SMR what his thoughts were on this all he could say was, "I am only offering these people a place of free amusement and a chance to meet new people interested in the same things, and to give people a safe legal way to trade illegal goods and pod there friends" Do you see anything wrong with that?

Galway Pwnage. Will they Pwn, or will they be Pwnd?

Galway Pwnage. Its beginning is semi-mysterious, but recently, the founder, Baalzamon, let this GP writer in on the secret.

"We're essentially Melodic Destruction...I asked one of the guys to clean up the roles situation while I was away, and I came back to find that somehow the leader role got deleted. Anyone who had the * could only share maps, handover leadership, and leave alliance...no other rights. There was no other way to fix this that we could see, so we (Myself and a few others) sent a message telling those who wished to stick with us to join up the new alliance, Galway Pwnage. Named after the town that I live in with more then a couple other players."

Seems that Galway Pwnage has weeded out many players from Melodic Destruction, and lost a couple players recently that would have been a huge help in the success of this alliance. Will Galway Pwnage be able to Pwn, or will it be Pwnd by the larger, more experienced alliances? Only time will tell, and the mysterious switch of leadership from Baalzamon to Pythian adds to the thoughts and rumors. What is the future of Galway Pwnage? Time will tell, and yours truly will be there reporting every step of the way.

Interview with the #1 Killer

The Galatic Post's exclusive interview with Newbie, the player currently ranked #1 in kills at 11. Newbie plays in the alliance Porkers, and played for Second Coming in the previous game under the same name.

GP: Ready to start? Newbie: Alright. Newbie: I'm not very cool though :). GP: Haha its cool.

GP: How long have you played SM/SMR? Newbie: Right now I'm coming up on 9 years if you draw a straight line. If you take out the time that I quit...probably around 3. Newbie: :). Newbie: This is my third game back.

GP: what was the favorite alliance you played for in your sm/smr career? Newbie: The Forsaken back in SM when it first started. We had a lot of fun and would just sit around for hours. The TF/HoA alliance was a good time as well.

GP:Who is your favorite player(s)? Newbie: lol. Newbie: Tough one. Current players I probably had the most fun [with] last round [were] Second Coming. They were all crazy like me so it worked well. GP: good answer ;). Newbie: I figured you'd like that one.

GP: What is your favorite race in SMR and why? Newbie: I'm going to have to go with WQ Human. It has a good balance of TPH and the all powerful cloak. Even when you have lower experience it can still help in a fight. Thevian is a close second.

GP: Do you prefer going good or evil? Newbie: Evil. No question the better way to go. FU is a great ship but too expensive and the HHG doesn't make it worth losing the extra goods.

GP: What is your favorite ship? Newbie: hmm... Newbie: I'm gonna go with the DM. With high experience it just can't be beat as you can pick and choose your battles. A little more defense wins over the DC in this case: even without the scouts.

GP: How do you feel about currently being the top in kills this game? Newbie: Feels great but I know I won't keep it. Don't have the time to devote to being a great killer. Still, I'm just glad I've been able to do as much this round as I have.

GP: Do you have any goals in SMR? Newbie: To have fun. I think the culture of fun is the best thing we can all bring to the game in order to make it grow. Without it, SMR will die a slow and painful death.

GP: What is your favorite color? Newbie: Green. After all it's the color of money. Newbie: :).

GP: Do you have any hobbies? Newbie: I do, when I'm not working or on SMR I try to get out and do some kind of physical activity. Basketball, football, golf, baseball, or tennis are my favorites.

GP: What is your favorite movie? Newbie: Gladiator. Newbie: this is one long interview :). GP: yup :).

GP: Do you have a favorite quote? Newbie: lol. Newbie: I'm trying to remember. GP: Take your time. GP: Or if you can't think of one I'll just put a line from the thong song in there. Newbie: Victory goes to the player who makes the next-to-last mistake.

GP: Do you have any suggestions to improve SMR? Newbie: SMR as a whole is a fun and addicting game. The main problem is attracting newbies and then helping them stick. It's cliche to say, but each one of us needs to be willing to talk to those italics on the cpl and help them out. Most of the time you won't get an answer but those few that do will turn into many.

GP: With that in mind do you have any tips for newbies (no pun intended)? Newbie: Join the IRC chat on the sidebar and don't be afraid to message players on the Current Players List [CPL] as well with any questions you may have. Feel free to send me a message as well; I'm always willing to help. It's a hard game to learn but don't feel like you have to do it all on your own.

GP: Alright, do you have anything else you'd like to say? Newbie: Thanks for the opportunity to be interviewed. I look forward to earning it again in the future.

GP: Alright, one last question. Do you like the thong song? Newbie: Wow...I suppose it's decent. I'm mostly indifferent.

The Galatic Post would like to thank Newbie for his time participating in this interview, and to wish for his continued success for the duration of the game.

Nijarin Vote Peace with WQ!

In a shocking move the Nijarin ruling council voted for peace with the West Quadrant Humans. The Nijarins made this decision after a heated debate within their council chamber. The debate started when the leader of the Hardened Crewminals alliance, Bugsy Siegel, issued an ultimatum to the Nijarin council stating that peace with the WQ Humans would result in Hardened Crewminals declaring war on the Nijarin race. Furthermore Bugsy Siegel claimed that if the Nijarin ruling council voted for peace with the WQ Humans he would lead his alliance, the Hardened Crewminals, to destroy the Nijarin's top racial routes, in a similar manner as how the Hardened Crewminals destroyed the WQ Human's profitable routes a few days before in an attempt to cripple the WQ Human's economy and arming options. In response the infamous hunter and leader of the alliance Armory responded with a threat of his own. Killing two Nijarin traders (one twice), he sent a message to the council stating that there would be more of the same if the Nijarin ruling council didn't vote for peace with the WQ Human.

The fiery debates continued, in which many prominent members of the Nijarin ruling council argued that there was no reason to give the WQ Human peace. One council member had this to say about the prospective peace, "Personally i am not scared of either alliances. I just don't want peace with a race that has absolutely nothing to offer us while us having everything to offer them." Another member obviously terrified of Assault Rifle urged his colleagues to vote for peace with the WQ Humans, and told the Nijarin ruling council to "Stop smoking crack," which is a substance Humans from Earth would use to get to an altered state of mind millenia ago.

Eventually, despite heavy opposition within the Nijarin ruling council, the move for peace was passed. Immediately the many members from the alliance Armory armed their ships with the potent Nijarin weapons and began wrecking havoc across the galaxies. Assault Rifle, the leader of Armory sent a message to the Nijarin ruling council thanking them for the extending the hand of peace, and vowed to protect them from the retribution sure to come from Hardened Crewminals. Ironically, a distinguished member of the Nijarin ruling council came under fire from Assault Rifle and his crony right before Assault Rifle send his message. The member of the Nijarin ruling council posted the attack logs which showed Assault Rifle firing exclusively Nijarin weapons at the Nijarin council member. As the attack logs were revealed to the Nijarin ruling council before Assault Rifle sent his message vowing to protect the Nijarin, it makes Assault Rifle's pledge seem very superficial indeed. Following the devastating raids on the Nijarin top ports by Hardened Crewminals, the Nijarin ruling council members who voted peace with the WQ Human must be wondering if they chose wisely.

Hardened Crewminals Make Good on Promise...Nijarin Ports Fall!

If anyone on the 8 racial councils had any doubts about the effects of voting WQ peace, those doubts were dispelled today. Eleven HC warbirds launched a brutal attack on the top Nijarin ports, leaving them in shambles. Hardened Criminals leader Bugsy Siegel had sent a warning to the councils earlier that voting peace with the WQ race would have devastating consequences. Apparently those on the Nijarin council were willing to test Siegel's word on the matter. A peace vote was passed, and two days later the most lucrative ports in the Nijarin galaxy were leveled or under new non-Nijarin management. This has reduced the profit margin of trading in the Nijarin galaxy by over 50%.

The Nijarin president responsible for pushing through the peace vote was unavailable for comment. A spokesman for the Hardened Criminals, speaking from a stool in the Starlight Saloon after the raids, was heard to say that this was merely a case of cause and effect. "They voted peace, they lost their ports. It was their choice. I hope that the rest of the racial councils get the message that Bugsy means business!"

Time will tell whether the message has been recieved by the other councils or not. Many are in shock over the loss of the Nijarin economy. Some are outraged that the Federation could let this happen. "The Feds are useless to us out here in space!" cried one Nijarin trader. "How are we supposed to make a living now?"

Political observers are hard pressed to make predictions as to how this racial wrangling will play out. But by all accounts the Hardened Criminals have the will and the strength of arms to make their promise come true for any racial council who passes a peace vote with the WQ Humans.