DuPont 22 Refrigerant - GP Archive - Midweek Madness

News from the "Galactic Post" and "The Space Merchant Reporter" and "News Control"
seldum
Beta Tester

DuPont 22 Refrigerant - GP Archive - Midweek Madness

Post by seldum »

State Force

State force is a fairly mixed alliance with some veteran players and some newer players. This alliance came out of no where but if the rumors are true they will be vying for the top spot as far as alliances go this game.

Archangel the leader of State Force lead Coldfire Legion last game. State Force is pretty much a merge of the active players from CL and Second Coming from last game. People are starting to wonder if State Force can compete in this brutal war zone we call a universe.

With Hardened Crewminals trashing State Force's galaxy yesterday and getting numerous kills from the planets, critics say that there is a lack of strong leadership and activity. I tried to reach Archangel for a comment on this but he was unavailable.

Undercover Action

Today this reporter had stumbled into bar looking for a cold drink, and found something deeper then thought! Collaboration, between seasoned vet's and NEWBS! I took a chair closer to the conversations so I could get a better ear on it! The vet went on to tell many secrets of the trade world! How to calculate port multipliers, how to get max relations, the secrets of bargaining... and many more! In fear of a pod I did not approach the Vet... but did catch at the end of the conversation that the Vet's "pointers" actually saved this man from taking a pod and floating through space forever.... never to log in again.

This has not been the first time I have stumbled across conversations like this....! It seems everyone is pitching in to help others out! Some Vet's have gone as far to, Say what the trader had done wrong, the move that got him them the pod! Others have gone so far as to leek valuable trick's and set-ups for Hunting. The only thought I have to this is, "It keeps pilots behind the wheel".

Mission Statement

Id like to inform everyone about our public relations channel #gp if you have an idea or need to speak with me for any reason you can find me there.

The mission of the new Galactic Post is to post relevant news when its actually happening. Our goal is to publish biweekly at a minimum. These editions may not be full 8 article editions however we will try and keep the community entertained and informed.

Writers are Needed! Apply today if you have the desire to have fun and entertain your friends!

Protection Racket or Common Theives?

Some of you may be wondering, like this reporter, why certain alliances feel they can bully the rest of the universe around? Well so far it looks like at least one council is standing up to them. In recent talks in one council chamber (which wishes to remain anonymous) the debate on whether Bugsy and his crooks should be paid 100mil for protection turned towards a defiant and nearly unanimous no.

However with the galaxy in question completely filled with scouts from Armoury's hunters then paying for this protection would seem like a good idea. The main problem though is the lack of trust or faith in HC because while seemingly meaning business on the threat side of things there are no real shows of good faith coming from the Hardened Crewminals, perhaps if they stopped acting like common thieves and perhaps acted more like businessmen they might find themselves a few pockets of support out in the universe. As Al Capone once said "There is violence in Chicago, but not by me and not by anyone I employ, and I'll tell you why, because it's not good business." Maybe HC can think about that.

State Force Performs Series of Raids!

Two days ago the universe witnessed in shock as the alliance State Force raided profitable Creonti and Alskant ports. These raids were highly controversial as the attacks were unprovoked, and State Force gave no explanation for the wanton destruction they caused. The raiders targeted the most trafficked ports in the Creonti and Alskant galaxies, which makes pundits of alliance affairs suspect that State Force was merely raiding for the hefty cash the ports contained and for no other reason. The State Force spokesperson did not verify this analysis.

The fleet assembled in the Creonti galaxy and proceeded to destroy multiple lucrative ports before moving on to the Alskant galaxy. The port gunners valiantly fought back, and even manged to destroy two warships forcing their captains A 9mm Heater and DWill to eject and flee to the safety of their Federal Headquaters. In the end though the ports were no match for the power of the State Force fleet and succumbed to the fleets formidable guns.

The majority of Creonti and Alskant traders were surprised and disturbed by the unprovoked raids. "It was just out of the blue," gasped one tiny Creonti trader, "One second it was nice and peaceful the next 10 war birds were firing broadsides at the port!" Another Alskant trader was disgusted by the raids, "Who do they think they are stealing hard earned money, and destroying valuable property? The Federation should put a stop to this sort of piracy. Who is gonna feed my family now? Certainly SF isn't gonna do it!" Perhaps the most shocking response of all was the reaction of one Creonti trader upon hearing the news of the raid. "You're in SF right?" he questioned his friend for years, "Yeah," replied the Human trader. The Creonti trader turned away from his long time friend and flatly stated, "You're dead to me."

Following these unpopular raids many traders feel that someone should teach State Force a lesson. "Someone should give them a taste of their own medicine!" exclaimed one distraught Alskant trader. However, when asked, the pilots of State Force did not seem too worried about repercussions. "Bring it on," challenged the spokesman for State Force. I'm not worried at all," confided another pilot of State Force. The same pilot when asked for the motive behind the militant raids replied, "I just like making things go boom."